Author Topic: Sims 4 won't launch with CC  (Read 1437 times)

Offline laney

• Nooboo
Sims 4 won't launch with CC
« on: June 24, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »
My game won't launch with all my CC (2000+ items). When I click on the Sims 4 Icon to launch it, Origin launches as if the game has closed. I just downloaded some new CC so I just figured that I probably downloaded some bad CC so I removed all recently downloaded items. The game still wouldn't open. I never had this problem before so I turned to the wonderful internet for help. I read that some people just had to removed all the CC in their mods folder and launch the game to create a new file then put the CC back. I tried this and it didn't work. I then wondered if it wasn't the mods and maybe a different problem, so I just removed all the CC to see if it would even launch. It did launch so I know it has to be something with the CC. I searched through my CC to see if there was anything that looked funny but everything looked okay. In my frustration I decided to just uninstall the game and reinstall it in hope that whatever was wrong would be fixed, losing all my saves, but no of course not it could not be that easy. I then started taking all the CC out again and putting it back into the folder in batches. The game will only launch with only 78 items in the folder. I'm out of ideas. I really love playing the game with CC and want to be able to keep on playing with all that I have. Is there anyone else who has experienced something like this? I would really love some help so I can keep on playing. Thank you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 won't launch with CC
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:35:10 PM »
Since taking out your mods/cc have you cleared your cache files and deleted the the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder?

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

If yes, you may need to go through your mods folder again to see what still maybe interfering with the game. As the newest game patch has caused a lot of mods and cc to become outdated.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.