Author Topic: Sim Can't Fuse Relics or Insert Crystals  (Read 2270 times)

Offline tisdaleh

• Nooboo
Sim Can't Fuse Relics or Insert Crystals
« on: October 12, 2018, 01:26:10 PM »
My Sim can't "insert crystal" or "Fuse With" even though she has all the items necessary! It's grayed out
I have restarted the game and restarted the computer?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sim Can't Fuse Relics or Insert Crystals
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 01:40:20 PM »
To troubleshoot, try moving the mods folder to the desktop. Delete game cache files and the localthumbcache.package.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

Try launching and playing the game again (without mods folder) to see if that helps.

If the problem comes back after you add the mods folder back in, it maybe that some mods have become outdated and need to be replaced.

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tisdaleh

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
Thank you but I'm still having problems.
First, I had zero cache files and nothing in my folder Onlinethumbnaailcache

I followed your instructions (delete localthumbcache.package and move Mods folder to desktop--restart game.) That did not work. I replaced the Mod folder, no change.
My mods folder only has 1 file in it: Resource.cfg

Do I have to be in the jungle to do it? My Archeology skill is maxed out and so is Selvadorian Skill. Maybe I'm playing wrong?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 02:28:51 PM »
It looks like you have some last exception files that can be safely deleted in your Sims 4 folder. Also it doesn't look like you deleted the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder either. That can be safely deleted. This is to help with troubleshooting.

Here's an article on the relics, where to find them what to use to refine them, etc.

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure: Relics
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/relics.php
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline tisdaleh

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 02:54:49 PM »
I deleted all cache files, the local file, moved the mods folder--then started playing again.
All the cache files and the localthumbcache.package file gets recreated once I start playing the game again.  Still can't fuse relics or insert crystals. Is there a way to redownload the Jungle Mod?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2018, 03:03:34 PM »
You'll want to go to where you originally found the mod, make sure it's been updated to the lastest game patch 1.46. If it has, it should be available for download.

Offline tisdaleh

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2018, 03:23:40 PM »
I'm sorry. I'm still new. Well I don't know if I have any Mods.  All I did was I bought the Jungle Adventure pack from the Origin store and started playing it. I cheated and maxed my Sim on Archeology and Seldavorian Culture. That's it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 03:54:13 PM »
After doing some more research, I found what the problem might be. You need to gather the materials - relic, base and refined crystal and have them in your inventory before you can use the fuse command.

Read more about it in Carl's article:

The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure: Relics
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/jungleadventure/relics.php