Author Topic: Editing World Adventures  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Editing World Adventures
« on: December 08, 2018, 07:09:01 PM »
Hi everybody!

i was just wondering if anybody ever did any editing of the world adventures towns? instead of doing the adventures in the towns, i tried placing one of the spas and the lars discoteque in france and had fun doing that. while staying there for the 3 days my sim went to the spa for one of the packages and went dancing at night and also scuba diving and  wind surfing. it was fun so i was wondering if any of you have tried this?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Editing World Adventures
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 11:13:25 PM »
When I tried this, it didn't work for me. Though, that was a long time ago. I haven't really tried it since.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 06:51:59 PM »
what i did was put the lars disco and the sunflower spa in the france world, had my simself go on vacation and during the 3 day stay, she went scuba diving, treated herself to a spa day and went dancing at night. it was something different to do and i played that game for a while until  i lost my save so i have to start a new one.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 02:02:16 PM »
You must have also placed a diving spot in the world b/c there is no scuba diving in France.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 08:22:29 PM »
I have several lots for each of the WA locations I place in my saves to give multi-sim families more to do there and make them feel more like vacation destinations. 

I never tried diving lots, but in France I put several upgrades into the base camp, converted one of the empty homes into a salon, another to a gym/dance studio, and another to a little pub. I also converted the empty nectary you can buy as a vacation home to a resort, but it doesn't work properly for some reason.  It never gets a clerk to let you check in so it can be properly used.  Not sure if that's one of my mods or one of the later final EA patches, as it worked way back when I first made it, and then just... didn't.  ;D 

In Egypt I added more skill and fun items to the marketplace in the empty areas, and built a pool and a hangout on two empty lots.

In China I upgraded the base camp, and converted one of the houses to a fusion lounge and another to a hangout. 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 12:34:50 AM »
For the resort, did you buy the desk? Most of the time, it should spawn, but maybe not in WA worlds.

It could be that resorts don't work in WA worlds. Just a thought.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 02:13:37 PM »
I tested  out a resort in France and everything except for food on the buffets and not  being able to own it worked. I'm not sure how to get a full buffet table. I chose the abandoned nectary, did some modifications on the land, added a couple of the bungalows, and the bar and food stands and buffets. I don't think a community lot is buyable in WA worlds though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 06:15:43 PM »
I do have a desk in the resort that won't work.  I suspect I've got a setting not quite right in traveler or one of the other NRaas mods, but since it's a minor issue I can play around, I never did much tinkering to figure it out.  My mixologists in the WA locations don't stay put in the pubs and lounges, either.  After working only a little while, they'll wander around the lot using all the fun items instead.  Again, the lot is still usable (as long as you don't want to buy a drink or order food) so I didn't troubleshoot too much, but it is somewhat annoying.

"Hey, can I get a drink over here?"

"Sorry, playing shuffleboard!"

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 06:48:22 PM »
LOL   As I said, the mixologist worked good and the "bell hop" at the desk worked good. I couldn't figure out though how to stock the buffet  tables and I was not able to own it.

anything