Author Topic: Flip the Crick  (Read 17908 times)

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
Re: Flip the Crick
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2019, 06:08:50 PM »
Con and Dee Struct finished at 79,386.

Weird challenge.  I'm looking forward to some reveals.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »
I finished at 37,749. Thanks for the challenge!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
This challenge ends Sunday night, so please get those scores in soon.

On a different note, since there are some newcomers up at the top it's always expected that detailed strategy of how you pulled off great scores will be laid out once I close an event. Just take a look at what others have typed in recent challenges to get an idea. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »
My Sims made a measly $29,943.

Cynthia

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2019, 06:25:31 AM »
My Sims made a measly $29,943.

I went ahead and posted your score, @CynKuy, but your wording...that your Sims "made" a certain amount...the challenge was about Lot Value, not household income. So, I am hoping you remembered that.

Offline titaniadioxide

• Nooboo
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
I warned y'all that I was new to the challenges.  I sort of went about it semi-blind, without much strategy.  At the end of the Thursday, Crick Cabana was worth $23,336 (the household funds were $32,448).  I'm happy - I was hoping I'd hit $20k! 

I can't wait to hear how everyone actually did it, and got to such high lot values!

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »
My sims managed to increase the lot value  to $86, 114.  Can't wait to see the strategies from the front runners.

Good luck to everyone still finishing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2019, 08:36:44 PM »
My sims achieved a lot value of $96907.  Like many others, I am looking forward to the post-challenge discussion. This was a fun one.

Offline SIMantics101

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »
My sims Arts and Crafts had a tough time flipping this house and only got the lot value to $17,579.  Oh well, I guess someone has to bring up the rear, right?  Anyway, it was a fun break from work / school stuff.  Hope everyone had fun.  Thanks to the moderators for a nice start to the new year of challenges.  And congrats to the winners!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2019, 12:16:28 PM »
In the end my couple raised their household value to 117533, was quiet fun to play without playtesting first this time :D

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2019, 03:03:34 PM »
So, Painting and Woodworking Slave raised the house worth to 79 263 simoleons

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2019, 04:49:18 PM »
After decorating, my Sims' house was worth §100868.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:31 PM »
I finished with a lot value of $85,388.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2019, 06:44:27 AM »
This event is now closed.

33 participants -- not too shabby for this first event of the season. And several of those are first-timers, so welcome to the 2019 Sims 4 Challenge Tournament season, and welcome to the forum. Like a lot of others, I am very curious on exactly how some pushed their lot value past 100k. Grats to Queen Lena who often comes in at the 11th hour and reminds all of us of our mortality. Lol. Should be a great season, everyone. And thank you for participating in Flip the Crick. Good luck in the rest of the year!

Offline Eva

• Nooboo
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2019, 09:01:34 AM »
Hello, All.
To y’all I am new because I have never posted anything in the forum.  But to me, I have ~known~ all of you who have written guides and tips for many years from playing Sims 3 with my daughter.  We just made the jump to Sims 4 this Christmas & I am so excited to be able to do challenges with you guys now.

Probably everything I know how to do I learned from you guys! Lol.  But since I was able to get my lot value over 100k, I will post the strategy I used.  My strategy had 2 phases.  The first phase was the accumulation of satisfaction points to buy rewards and reaching level 10 in the skills.  The second phase was cranking out the sculptures & paintings.

Painter Traits:  Art Lover, Perfectionist, Creative & Muser
Woodworker Traits:  Genius, Cheerful, Perfectionist & Quick Learner
Lot Traits:  Home Studio, Natural Light & Homey

Accumulation of Satisfaction points:  By whims and from completing these aspirations:
Painter:  Creativity fully completed
Masterchef- she got partially thru level 2.
Grilled Cheese- partial level 1
Fabulously wealthy reached partial level 4 in phase 2
Mansion Baron reached partial level 2
Soul Mate – partially thru level 3
Curator- partially thru level 2
Woodworker: Fabulously wealthy fully completed
Mansion baron- partially completed level 2
Curator partial completed level 2
Renaissance sim- level 1 finished.

Rewards Purchased
     On Day 4 the Painter was able to purchase Connections and the woodworker purchased Marketable. I wanted Connections to get the Easel from the Painter Career and the career rewards that had focusing décor for the woodworker.  (astronaut, tech guru, scientist, doctor)  I also used the Writer’s PC to order upgrade parts and for the Woodworker to Browse simpedia.  All career rewards were in family storage at the end of the challenge, as required.
    On Day 5 the Painter was able to purchase Creative Visionary.
    On Day 6 the Painter was able to purchase Marketable.
    On Day 7, both Sims reached Level 10 in their skills.  This began Phase 2.  All painting / All sculpting/ all day all night.  Mood Solvers round the clock for the rest of their young adulthood.  No more woohoo, no more sleep, no more grilled cheese.  Lol.

The Paintings:  I learned from a study on this forum that the Surrealism paintings were found to be of the highest value.  So my painter painted Surrealism only. 
The top 5 highest values were:  16134, 15447, 11513, 11207, 10337
4 of those were the cow with the apple on his nose and one tree with red background.

Sculptures/  All Mascots: 4475, 4381, 4374, 4344, 4328
(I think an interesting twist on this challenge would have been if the sculptures and paintings had to be unique.)

Furniture Replacements:
Mirror 350  (Interesting this is only one not affected by "Marketable")
End Table 513
Dining Chairs 536, 525, 490, 447
Dining Table 1858
Bathtub 4466
Toilet 644

Mood Management:  By phase 2 when the valuable stuff was being made, the Sims were Very inspired/ Very Focused all the time.  The Painter got inspired by Cloud/Star gazing and admiring art.  The Woodworker mainly had to be in his bedroom with all the focusing décor, maybe occasionally studied a crystal or fossil.  They got the VERY from renewing their vows every other morning for the +3 happy.  (At the park there’s a wedding arch.)

All of this = End lot value of $ 109,259.

Thank-you for the fun challenge.
I am looking forward to reading how I could have done better.