Author Topic: Adding custom music to the game  (Read 6641 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Adding custom music to the game
« on: May 10, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »
I know how to add custom music to the game, however, when I check out the songs on the music tab of options panel, some information is missing.

Either the song will have the title of the song but have "unknown" listed as the artist, or both the song and artist will be represented by a string of symbols or capital letters (ie. a whole line of "UUUUUU....." or a whole line of "%%%%%")

Anyone know of a way I can edit this information so that it appears correctly in game? I copied the songs from my iTunes playlist, so all of the information should be there.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Adding custom music to the game
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:46:50 PM »
It looks like you can rename the file(s) via the Sims 3 Custom Music folder
- C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Custom Music

Right-click on the track and select Rename. (This gives it a new name)

If you want to edit the title, Contributing Artists or Album name you can do that through the Properties > Details of each track.  -- Right-click on the on the file and select Properties > Details
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »
I have done that, and it does not work

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 10:16:48 PM »
If the title, artist or other information is in a non-English font (for example Japanese), it may not show correctly in game if you installed the game with US English as the main language. Try editing the track info by right-clicking the file, go to Properties, then Details and editing any accented or non-Roman alphabetic characters. See if that works.

If that doesn't work, there may not be much more we can do.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 03:47:01 PM »
I have a question somewhat related to this. If I add custom music, does it stop the overriding voice of singing in the shower? I usually have all sounds turned off b/c I like listening to my fav music in the background, but every time one of my sims showers, they sing and it overrides all silencing! : /

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 04:54:33 PM »
Most likely no, the custom music will play over the Sim singing in the shower.

I play with my computer's sound turned off most of the time. Listening to music or whatnot from a different device. As when you have Sims open, the sounds cuts off from anything else running in the background.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 06:46:31 PM »
The singing in the shower seems to override everything. Like you, I listen to my fav music mostly on youtube. Guess I'll have pause youtube and take the headset off for a couple moments, LOL

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »
I solved my problem. I have a laptop next to me and I started listening to my music on there instead of on this comp. :)  No more enduring the singing in the shower, lol

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 08:33:13 PM »
If the title, artist or other information is in a non-English font (for example Japanese), it may not show correctly in game if you installed the game with US English as the main language. Try editing the track info by right-clicking the file, go to Properties, then Details and editing any accented or non-Roman alphabetic characters. See if that works.

If that doesn't work, there may not be much more we can do.
All the song information is in English and I tried editing the information but nothing is changed in game.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 09:28:11 PM »
I'm sorry I don't know what else to suggest other than to maybe ask those at the AHQ Sims 3 forum to see if they might be able to help - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/bd-p/the-sims-3

Offline StephenShort

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 03:43:25 PM »
The Sims music is so iconic, regardless of the pack we are talking about, though the Sims 2 soundtracks are my favorite to this day.