Author Topic: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: Away from Home (Oct 29)  (Read 16607 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: Baby Makes 3 (June 20)
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 08:09:25 PM »
Snow-Mann, oh lordy how could you resist?  Perfect! 

I haven't finished mine and hope for the best for you and the Manns.  We're in, I think, More Tech.  Victorian clothing?  I also am doing a do-over because I learned a lot and am not happy with the stats in my original one.  Too many people, but it got to be interesting and may be a story later on, after I finish my dual dynasty and Island Living.  Meanwhile I can enjoy Clan Mann!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 11:15:51 PM »
Always love a good GoT reference! Once I get the new game pack I may try to do this challenge too! And I might PM you later about where you got some cc for it :)
Welcome to the clan Snow!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 02:43:33 PM »
Snow-Mann, oh lordy how could you resist?  Perfect! 

I haven't finished mine and hope for the best for you and the Manns.  We're in, I think, More Tech.  Victorian clothing?  I also am doing a do-over because I learned a lot and am not happy with the stats in my original one.  Too many people, but it got to be interesting and may be a story later on, after I finish my dual dynasty and Island Living.  Meanwhile I can enjoy Clan Mann!
In game, I'm in More Tech, too.  I'm probably using more people than I have to.  Maybe next time I'll try to finish with just one sim, but I didn't want to stress myself out too much on this attempt!  ;D

Always love a good GoT reference! Once I get the new game pack I may try to do this challenge too! And I might PM you later about where you got some cc for it :)
Welcome to the clan Snow!
I think Island Living would be perfect for this challenge-- the whole stranded on a desert island thing-- but I started this before I knew about the new game pack.  If you decide to do it, I'd love to know how it goes, whether you do a story or not.   :)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: Another Sign (June 27)
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 02:55:53 PM »
Another sign

If we hadn’t named him Snow, we could have named our son Shadow because he’s the kind of kid that always wants to be near.  I’m not complaining about that.  It’s actually very useful.  I don’t have to worry about him running off and getting lost or eaten by a bear.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I take him everywhere and teach him as much as I can.

At dinnertime, Snow likes to tell his father all about our day.  Snow’s version is always far more entertaining than my version would be. 

And at the end of the day, my boy always sleeps soundly…

…which is a good thing for many reasons.

---------------

Much time has passed since Hu and I first settled in Willow Creek.  Snow is a child now, and Hu is teaching him to fish. 

Hu says Snow is a natural.  That’s good because fish is still our primary food source.

When he’s not fishing with his father, Snow can usually be found in a tree.  He is still just a boy, after all.

One evening, the spirits send me another sign.  This time Hu is with me and sees the sparkles, too. 

“I hope it’s a girl,” is the first thing he says.

I ask Snow if he thinks the baby will be a boy or a girl.

“A girl,” he says.  “You already have me and Father.  You don’t need any more boys.”

I guess there’s some kind of logic in that.

Several months later Hu’s wish and Snow’s prediction come true.

The next morning, we name her.

“You are Tally, of the tribe of Mann,” I say. “Daughter of the reigning Chief Hu and granddaughter of the late Chief Acu.  May the spirits of our ancestors always be pleased with you.”

Now we are a tribe of four.

Notes:  Short lifespan moves fast!  Hu maxed fishing on day 17.  Wu maxed charisma on day 19.   

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 03:23:00 PM »
Welcome to the World Tally!
Also I literally just created my new game file for SimTech in Sulani! Still working out how I'm going to start off the story (I feel like I've spent the majority of my time just getting prepped) Once I get that down I'll start a thread on here. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 04:55:47 PM »
Snow and Tally are both adorable. I loved the scary bear that Hu encountered!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 02:59:18 PM »
Welcome to the World Tally!
Also I literally just created my new game file for SimTech in Sulani! Still working out how I'm going to start off the story (I feel like I've spent the majority of my time just getting prepped) Once I get that down I'll start a thread on here. :)
It took me a long time to get set up, too.  I don't have IL yet, but it looks so perfect for this.

Snow and Tally are both adorable. I loved the scary bear that Hu encountered!
The "bear" was Vlad, trying to break in.  It was pretty funny watching him stalk around.  :)  Fortunately, he never found my sims inside their cave.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: They are Growing Up (June 29)
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 03:17:05 PM »
They are Growing Up

My children like to play with rocks.  I don’t know if that’s normal or not, but it keeps them happy…and busy.  Hu says it’s perfectly normal and great for their imagination.

Snow’s favorite rock is shaped like a duck.

Tally has a pointed one that looks something like an arrow.

Snow still spends a fair amount of time in the trees, most of it upside-down.

I’m sure that Tally would join her brother in the trees if her little legs would allow her.  But for now, she must rely on her father’s help to gain elevation.

As for me, I have started a new project.  I am trying to remember all the songs that Hu and I learned when we were younger.  I want to teach them to our children so the songs will not be forgotten.   

---------------------

One night I kiss my toddler and my child goodnight and when I wake in the morning, they have each aged by one life stage.  At least, that’s what it feels like.

My girl Tally is a happy child who loves to be outside.  She refuses to wear any kind of covering on her feet.

Snow is no longer a child, but not quite a man either.  He wants to be friends with the world.

I don’t know about the world, but Hu and I allow Snow a little more freedom to wander farther on his own and to introduce himself to members of other tribes who seem friendly.  Someday, our boy will need a spouse so it makes sense to start forming a few alliances now.

Snow soon gets to know many young people in the area.  And by many young people, I mean mostly girls.  I like this girl named Grace, from the tribe of Bheeda.  However, my son seems to have no particular interest in her beyond friendship.

When I mention this to Hu, he reminds me that the Bheedas are vegetarians.

“They don’t eat meat,” Hu points out. “Not even fish.  That wouldn’t work with our diet.”

I hadn’t thought of that!  I mentally resolve not to be a meddlesome mother. 

Besides, I have many more immediate concerns—such as this raccoon that stands by our fire ring for several hours one night.  Hu says it’s probably just looking for food.  Whatever its reason for being there, we have to hide out in the cave until it leaves.

The very next morning, we are shocked to find this strange woman swimming in our pool.  I ask Snow if she is one of his new friends, but Snow says he has never met her.

Hu takes this as a sign that it is time to move.  For our safety, he wants to build a wall around our dwelling and we can’t do that easily at our current location. 

Hu and Snow talk it over and come up with a plan to build a simple hut.  While they discuss the details, I go to find Tally.  We’ve got a lot of work to do.

Notes:  This is officially the end of No Tech!  Wu maxed both singing and parenting on day 21.  Hu maxed fitness on day 23 to usher in the Low Tech era.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »
Woo congrats on finishing No Tech! You did a great job :D
I like how you used different story elements to explain the new requirements for the next era.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »
Congrats on getting through No Tech!  Loved little Taly and Snow.  I keep thinking of the Harry Belafonte song, (Come, Mr. Tally-Man, tally me bananas) every time I think of Taly.  Can hardly wait to see how this goes.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 03:48:03 PM »
Yes, when a strange (but lovely) woman is creeping in your swimming pool, that's the sign that you should move  ;=)
Loving this so far.  Can't wait to see the next technological era!!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 01:26:06 AM »
Woo congrats on finishing No Tech! You did a great job :D
I like how you used different story elements to explain the new requirements for the next era.
Thanks!  Low tech coming up!

Congrats on getting through No Tech!  Loved little Taly and Snow.  I keep thinking of the Harry Belafonte song, (Come, Mr. Tally-Man, tally me bananas) every time I think of Taly.  Can hardly wait to see how this goes.
Thank you!  I hope you like the Banana Boat Song.  Otherwise, I'm sorry for the earworm.   :)

Yes, when a strange (but lovely) woman is creeping in your swimming pool, that's the sign that you should move  ;=)
Loving this so far.  Can't wait to see the next technological era!!
Yeah, I'd be pretty freaked out if I found a vampire swimming in my pool.   ;)

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: The Tribe of Mann SimTech Dynasty: The Move (July 7)
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2019, 01:45:58 AM »
Low Tech Era begins

The Move

When Hu and I first settled in Willow Creek, we sought shelter in a convenient, but small, cave.  Now that our tribe is growing, we find ourselves wanting to spread out.  We choose a nice, flat open spot just down the hill and build our first hut.  It is a simple structure with four walls and a flat roof. 

Hu insists on building a stone fence around the hut for protection.  He and Snow spend many days hauling rocks from the creek.  Finally, Hu is satisfied and we move in.

Hu’s fence proves successful at keeping out both unwanted guests and stray wildlife.  As a result, I am able to plant some strawberry bushes and snapdragons without fear of others reaping what I have sown. 

In addition to gardening, I take up the ancient art of meditation.  The kids don’t understand how I can “just sit there,” but Hu encourages me.  He says I have always had a special connection with nature and the spirit world.  Hu finds me a flat, comfortable rock and places it under a shady tree. 

Tally has picked out her own favorite tree at our new home.  Whenever she’s not helping me or fishing with her father, you can find her swinging from its branches.  She grows stronger every day.

Snow has discovered a talent for woodworking and spends much of his free time crafting sculptures of bunnies, dragons, and bears.  He’s getting quite good at it and successfully trades his handiwork with other tribes. 

Snow knows the other tribes better than any of us.  He still believes he will befriend the world someday.  I tell him that he will only know half the world because it seems he only talks to girls.

“I talk to men, women, and children,” he claims. “I can’t help it if you only notice when I speak to girls.”

Perhaps there is some truth in that.

But there is also truth in the fact that my son is about to come of age, and I am certain he intends to take a wife.

It is Tally who first informs me that her brother shows a preference for one particular girl.  Tally is climbing her favorite tree and notices Snow gazing at clouds with a pretty stranger. 

The girl’s name is Lee, from the tribe of Santos.  The first time I see her, I know she is smitten with my son.

Who is this Santos tribe?  Lee tells us that her people took refuge in the mountains during the Great Winter.  Of course, she is too young to have experienced the Great Winter, but her elders still tell the story.

When we ask what she is doing so far from home, Lee says that the mountains are beautiful, but isolating.  By asking a few more questions, we learn that some of her people are starting to leave the mountains and marry into other tribes. 

Hu and I discuss the matter and decide that we must travel to this place called Granite Falls to negotiate with Lee’s family. 

“I might have hoped that Snow would choose a girl from a tribe nearby,” Hu says as we make preparations to leave. “But Lee says the fishing is great where she is from, and I am curious to see what’s on the other side of the mountains.”

That’s my Hu, always thinking of fishing.

The excitement of a new adventure has Hu and me feeling giddy the evening before our departure.  In the morning we might regret staying up late, but tonight we don’t care.

Notes:  In Low Tech, sims can visit Granite Falls.  Lee Santos is a not-in-world sim but I took liberties with the story to explain why the family might travel there.

Wu completed her original Curator aspiration on day 24.  I was just waiting for Low Tech to begin so she could mail off five metals/crystals and get back five elements.  She is now working on Freelance Botanist.  Hu still has his original Angling Ace aspiration.  He just needs to finish the “catch 20 types of fish” step.  Snow is working on Friend of the World.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
Awesome! Congrats on making it to Low Tech (aren't you glad No Tech is over? haha)
Can't wait to see how this tribe evolves :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2019, 06:04:08 PM »
Really enjoying how the narrative is fitting this whole idea of the world getting bigger.  Well written, but with you, that's not surprising  ;=)

anything