Author Topic: 100 baby challenge question sims 4.  (Read 3200 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
100 baby challenge question sims 4.
« on: June 24, 2019, 10:18:30 AM »
I'm playing the 100 baby challenge and I'm doing ok with my matriarch 4 days from adult with 33 kids and counting. My problem is that the older kids are starting to die of old age and the house is in a constant state of mourning. Are there any ways to deal with this?
At the moment I'm all yes I know so and so died how about you level up your creative skill.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 100 baby challenge question sims 4.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 11:41:43 AM »
Constant state of mourning has been reported as a bug. It was fixed in 2017, but there were reports of it after that. However, I am not being able to find anything currently.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 12:52:29 PM »
It's due to their siblings dying so I don't think it's a glitch. I sometimes get a few days reprieve but there is a lot of death and crying. I miss the moodlet manager from the sims 3.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 01:07:11 PM »
Moodlet solvers is what I use. Keep as many as possible.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 09:39:00 PM »
@ratchie  is this the sim incorrectly mourning over the same one dead sim even though you have removed the urn? Or is this simply because many sims are dropping dead at the moment in your played household?

If it's just that many sims are dropping dead then moodlet solvers are your best bet (as shannon said) or you can use Spa Day soaks +incense, and Get Together coffees and so on so you can stack up so many positive moodlets that the sad ones are buried.

If it is the old mourning bug reappearing then making a Bug Report is pretty much all you can do. Sadly. (Puns intended)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »
@ratchie  is this the sim incorrectly mourning over the same one dead sim even though you have removed the urn? Or is this simply because many sims are dropping dead at the moment in your played household?

If it's just that many sims are dropping dead then moodlet solvers are your best bet (as shannon said) or you can use Spa Day soaks +incense, and Get Together coffees and so on so you can stack up so many positive moodlets that the sad ones are buried.

If it is the old mourning bug reappearing then making a Bug Report is pretty much all you can do. Sadly. (Puns intended)

Most due to the phone calls that the active family gets notifying them that "xx sim" has died. I have had up to 5 calls in one day telling me that so and so had died. Most have been relatives.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 09:57:29 PM »
Right so that is an intended feature...not much you can do apart from try to silence the phone.  :-\
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 01:55:10 AM »
I guess all I can do is try and boost their other moods. Thank you everyone.

Rachel

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 04:54:28 AM »
@ratchie Another thing you could try is having your Sims drink Emotion Potions, it's a reward you can buy and they're cheap too, they give your Sim a +99 boost for whatever emotion the potion is. I've used these before to override unwanted moods that are too strong to overcome normally, so hopefully these will help you too.  :)

I think children can craft these on the Chemistry Set too although I'm not sure on this as I haven't played with families for a long time, but I do know there is a way to make them (Just not sure if I'm remembering the right way to do it), might be worth checking out.  :-\

anything