Author Topic: The Took Another Try IDC--Acting and Reacting  (Read 13182 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Took Another Try IDC--Weighing the Options
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2019, 06:23:22 PM »
Let's see -- Acting. The way to pass auditions is to have the skill level recommended when you sign up for one. When you get the gig, choose the risky option if you're at the recommended skill level or higher. Don't choose the Acting Aspiration -- you have to get an award to move up to the 4th level, and my Katrina Caliente is still waiting to be nominated, despite her awesome talent.

I currently have Sims living with the Villareals, the Fyres, and the Behrs. With the Villareals, Jacques will die in 10 days, Hugo maxes cooking on his own, and Max is evil, but good-looking. As for the Fyres, Moira is the most useful. You'll have to wait for Morgan to grow up before she can marry, and Siobhan is in a relationship. Candy and Yuki Behr are probably not suitable for an ID, as Yuki is a loner, and neither one is much into gardening, fishing or cooking.
Hmm, I'd already chosen that aspiration and was trying it on my practice file, though it apparently requires 5 star fame to get that tile on the walkway, so that's really what I'm questioning.  Got the award right away in my practice go.  Have you had Katrina just show up to the awards show without getting a nomination notice?  I never saw that Gavin got nominated, but he won the award anyway.
I'm prepared to wait for a teen spouse if that's the direction this goes.  And yes, the helpers are definite factors in the decision-making, so Hugo and Moira and others like them definitely are significant.  Yuki as a loner could be good for fishing, maybe?  Hmmm, still undecided, if you couldn't tell, but I truly appreciate the insight!

Wow...Elsa and Pinky have been busy running all over the place.

My vote is for whatever plan gives watcher Elsa the most screen time.  Even if that means her sister as the spouse; although Sofia is only a teen (I think?) and wouldn't be my choice on her own.  You could choose a different spouse and move in Elsa's family as helpers, but you'd be stuck with Sofia for a while. 

Jade, Candy, Miko, Luna-- they've all been in countless legacies, dynasties, etc.  They are all good choices, but...not unique.  For that reason, I would favor either Kayla or Jolene.  Kayla has the fame and the fitness skill going for her, plus she's really pretty.  Jolene is also pretty, she has the blue hair, and she's not a pre-made sim.  I've never minded the unflirty trait for spouses, just have to remember not to hug them. 

Whoever Elsa chooses, I'm sure it will be great (and hilarious).   :D
Hmmm, the "originality" approach.  Yes, that oculd make good sense.  In retrospect, I should have made Balthasar able to get pregnant and then steal one of the Hecings away from his hubby just to throw everybody off.  Totally unique!  Ah well.
Kayla is rahter pretty and Jolene has that nice hair, though it's just a tone from the CC hair, so I'm not 100% sure if she'll be able to pass it on to her children.  If I went with either of them, I'd be looking to add helpres, so that always opens up more random encounters, which is a fun thing  :=)
I enjoy how Sofie got a half-hearted vote from you but only because of Elsa.  So glad readers are enjoying the little Watcher  :=)

As for the skills, if you go the lot trait route and use the Homey trait, Sims will skill up gardening and cooking in no time. If you put Patchy on the lot and ask for gardening tips every day, a Sim with no gardening skill can probably max it within the first week. I've never really understood the tendency to move in gardeners and fisherman (but to each his own on that front). You only need Level 4 fishing to be able to catch angelfish and that's doable in a day, even with a Sim with no fishing skill. Also, even if you don't use the lot traits, cooking and gourmet cooking level up so fast that I wouldn't be concerned at all. I mean, you have more than 40 Sim days before you need to make ambrosia. That's plenty of time to get people skilled up. I would make sure to get a Sim to level 10 gardening, though, because grafting is so unreliable now. At level 10 they can buy the rare seed packs--a good backup for Death Flowers.

In short, go with whomever you think will be the most entertaining, story-wise, and the most fun for you to play. And YES to more Elsa!
Yeah, skills can definitely be built, but I do worry about things and really like getting a head start if I can.  Of course, ultimately, the story's the main thing.  Then again, you're whole giving-me-permission-to-make-my-own-decision approach totally ruined my evil plan to have you brilliant people make the decision for me  ;=)

Well, I'm getting closer to decided and will likely resume play within the next couple of days.  Thank you everyone for the input, and if anyone has still not posted your viewpoint, I'm still considering, so you've got a little more time.  Again, thanks, everyone, for reading and extra thanks for those who take the time to comment.  It truly warms my heart to see my work (if we can call it that) is appreciated  :=)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2019, 08:42:11 PM »
Hmmm, the "originality" approach.  Yes, that oculd make good sense.  In retrospect, I should have made Balthasar able to get pregnant and then steal one of the Hecings away from his hubby just to throw everybody off.  Totally unique!  Ah well.

You could still do that. You can change a Sim once, so.....

You would have to be sure, though, since there's no turning back. You could always have the targeted Hecking get pregnant. Not that I am condoning breaking up a marriage. Ahem. <shifty eyes>

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »
Alt Plan: You could have Pinky marry Lia from Sulani, it's her and her grandmother and I think they're fairly well off. She makes really pretty kids. Once Gen 2 ages up, Elsa joins as the Gen 2 spouse.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 11:09:01 PM »

You could still do that. You can change a Sim once, so.....

You would have to be sure, though, since there's no turning back. You could always have the targeted Hecking get pregnant. Not that I am condoning breaking up a marriage. Ahem. <shifty eyes>
Hahahaha!!  Love how innocently you jumped aboard the "break up a marriage" train of thought!  With as lovely as Chaya is and as well as she and Balthasar got along immediately, I am seriously weighing the "homewrecker" approach.  That said, I think the Heckings are safe  ;=)

Alt Plan: You could have Pinky marry Lia from Sulani, it's her and her grandmother and I think they're fairly well off. She makes really pretty kids. Once Gen 2 ages up, Elsa joins as the Gen 2 spouse.
Lia might be lovely, but I don't have the Island Living expansion.  She just might be a great option for future generations, though (once I own said expansion).

So, I'm getting pretty settled into what I think I'm going to do.  Going to sleep on the idea tonight, and continue the file tomorrow if I still like my decision...of course, then we'll see if it weirdly and organically changes once I get back in game  :=/

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 12:30:22 PM »
Still undecided, but it's because I did a thing.  I saved a secondary file to stage the "spouse sales pitch" shots and used that and full edit mode to just take a sneak peek at what Balthasar's teenaged children would look like with the various options.  Some options were quickly eliminated.  Others became surprisingly strong!  Oh, and I may have toyed with makeovers I might give to the potential spouses, so that also may have factored in.  Pretty much down to two options, just deciding between them.  And may be recovering from the horror of how some of those poor potential kiddos turned out  :=/

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
Still undecided, but it's because I did a thing.  I saved a secondary file to stage the "spouse sales pitch" shots and used that and full edit mode to just take a sneak peek at what Balthasar's teenaged children would look like with the various options.  Some options were quickly eliminated.  Others became surprisingly strong!  Oh, and I may have toyed with makeovers I might give to the potential spouses, so that also may have factored in.  Pretty much down to two options, just deciding between them.  And may be recovering from the horror of how some of those poor potential kiddos turned out  :=/

Well, as you know, you can't just mix a Took with just anyone!!

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 02:54:54 PM »
The scientific approach, I like it!  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 09:22:26 PM »
Well, it's understandable and all but you sure Took your sweet time picking one!  And the candidate is.....???
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 09:35:30 PM »
Oh, oops. My bad. Do you have Seasons? If you can find Father Winter and move him in, you'll get 500k and a great parent/cook. Good luck on your genetic experiments, I am glad I'm not the only one who does that, lol. Can't wait to see what happens!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 10:43:40 AM »
Such great comments, such wonderful interest in the craziness.  Good heavens I love you people!!

Well, as you know, you can't just mix a Took with just anyone!!
Haha, quite true!!

The scientific approach, I like it!  :)
Why, thank you!  It felt mildly like cheating the system, but it also seemed like the smartest possible thing to do  :=)

Well, it's understandable and all but you sure Took your sweet time picking one!  And the candidate is.....???
Took my sweet time?  Nice!!  I'll have some more playing time to get in, and I might stage some shots with everyone's favorite little Watcher, so it will be closer to the end of the week before the next update happens.

Oh, oops. My bad. Do you have Seasons? If you can find Father Winter and move him in, you'll get 500k and a great parent/cook. Good luck on your genetic experiments, I am glad I'm not the only one who does that, lol. Can't wait to see what happens!
I do not have Seasons.  From what I hear about how it can hamper gardening, I'm not upset that I'm missing it!
Glad you're eager to see who gets picked  :=)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
The Took Another Try IDC--How Decisions Are Made
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
Having been unsuccessful in her efforts to do "Eeinie meenie miney moe" in order to make a decision...
Elsa:  I always forget what comes after "catch a tiger by the toe."  I mean, I'm a Watcher, I have a lot on my mind.
our brave little Elsa, never a quitter, turns to the greatest of all decision-making routes...

a shallow decision solely based on looks!
Elsa:  Hmm, thought you'd go with "a scientific exploration of compatible genetics."
Oooo, that does sound better.  Let's go with that.
Elsa:  You get me, narrator, you really get me.
And so, our favorite little Watcher, in an effort to delve into a scientific exploration of compatible genetics, seeks the help of none other than...

scientists.
Elsa:  Hey, labcoat!  Wanna help me with my Dynasty?
Labcoat:  Umm, sure young lady.  So, are you a dynasty heir or...?
Elsa:  I'm the Watcher!
Labcoat:  Oh. Really?  Huh.  Well, I'm William Nee the Science Fellow.
Elsa:  Huh, the fourth wall really felt that one.
Fourth Wall:  Eh, I've had worse.

William Nee the Science Fellow:  So, what can I do to help you, Miss Watcher?
Elsa:  Oh, you can just call me Elsa.
Willaim Nee the Science Fellow:  Thank you, Elsa, and you can call me William Nee the Science Fellow.
Elsa:  Done!  So, William Nee the Science Fellow, I have this ridiculous loser of a founder and I want to find out which nasty harpy will make the prettiest babies with him.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Ooo, that does sound like a case for William Nee the Science Fellow!  Hmm, I don't suppose you managed to go around and meet with each possible spouse and get DNA samples, did you?
Elsa:  Of course!  What responsible Watcher wouldn't?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Excellent!  To the zoom-in-o-meter!!

Elsa:  Umm, pretty sure this is called a microscope?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Hey, you handle the watching, this fellow will handle the sciencing.
Elsa:  Science isn't a verb?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  It is when you do it properly!

William Nee the Science Fellow:  Woot!  Look at me sciencing!
Elsa:  Yeah, I guess that works.  So when do we see the...
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Let's see the results!
Elsa:  Oh.  Now then, I guess.

William Nee the Science Fellow:  So, we feed in the data from the zoom-in-o-meter and sample one gives us...

Elsa:  Hmm, pretty, but kind of malnourished.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Yes, I'd start them on a high carb diet immediately.  If they existed.  Which they don't.  Anyway, sample two!

Elsa:  Oh, went a bit in the other direction here.  Healthier builds.  Kind of bland-looking, though.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Not to fear, not remotely bland on sample three!!

Elsa:  What happened to their faces?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Hey, I promised you "not remotely bland," not "attractive!"
Elsa:  A shame.  I'd had high hopes for that one.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Well, how about sample four?

Elsa:  Well, this looks like the best of the bunch.  I think we've found our winner!
William Nee the Science Fellow:  What about sample five?
Elsa:  Oh, well, she was more of an afterthought, but I guess since we're here anyway...

Elsa:  Huh.  Really?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Yep.  From a purely scientific standpoint, the best genetic pairing.
Elsa:  I mean, I'd liked her already because...
William Nee the Science Fellow:  I mean, there might be that whole "romance" and "love" nonsense that could mess things up, but if we trust to science...

Elsa:  Oh no, I totally don't think my loser is even remotely capable of understanding the emotions he's feelings, so we'll just go with science.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Science rules!!
And so, our glorious Watcher has found the scientifically perfect match for the blue loser in her charge.
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Wait, who's talking?
But will they find true love?  Will she accept the ridiculous goof?
William Nee the Science Fellow:  Seriously, who else is in my lab?
We'll find out the answers to these and more questions next time on The Took Another Try IDC...oh, and I guess we'll also find out who gave sample five...
William Nee the Science Fellow:  ...somebody's in my lab (pouts)...

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Took Another Try IDC--How Decisions Are Made
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 02:21:45 PM »
Ha ha lolz, I love how one of the children Sims decides to latch onto your founder and pretend to be the Watcher, but she is pretty knowledgable about IDs.  ;D

Good luck on your second Immortal Dynasty attempt. I have tried a Ten-Gen Dynasty but not really doing well on it because I don't know how to work things right. I'm sure you can go the distance, especially with a very wise child like Elsa. ;)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »
Hmmm. I think I have an idea of who belongs to sample 5. It's probably a wrong idea, but an idea, nonetheless.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 05:45:34 PM »
Ha ha lolz, I love how one of the children Sims decides to latch onto your founder and pretend to be the Watcher, but she is pretty knowledgable about IDs.  ;D

Good luck on your second Immortal Dynasty attempt. I have tried a Ten-Gen Dynasty but not really doing well on it because I don't know how to work things right. I'm sure you can go the distance, especially with a very wise child like Elsa. ;)
Thanks for the good wishes!  I hope things go well with your Ten-Gen!  I considered one of those, but it seemed like a whole lot of math  :=/
Glad you're enjoying Elsa.  She was actually just randomly at the park and it occurred to me how funny it might be if a feisty child took the reins, so I'm glad others are also getting a kick out of it!

Hmmm. I think I have an idea of who belongs to sample 5. It's probably a wrong idea, but an idea, nonetheless.
Aww, c'mon, be brave and post your guess  ;=)  I was actually kind of curious when I did that update if people might figure it out ahead of time, so I'm curious if you got it right. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 07:11:33 PM »
Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!   You did this JUST to torment your faithful readers!  No more second breakfasts for you!  I can't really figure out who the candidates are, except for sample four which was my choice to start with.  Sample five?   Hmmmmm, I'm guessing Elsa, but she's just a kid and not even a teen and quite a way to go before you can marry her.  Still, she did have a great sampling.  Hehehe.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery