Author Topic: Grow as You Go Farmacy - The Story of Evie Nirel  (Read 13258 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Grow as You Go Farmacy
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 03:19:31 PM »
I have to agree that MTS is pretty divided. I suppose they have to b/c so many people post stories and challenges. They have many different categories and it took me a couple of days to learn where to look for what. Just saying you're not alone Deedee.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 03:28:57 PM »
Thanks for posting the ruleset here, Sonshine :)

I dislike the Seasons expansion pack immensely, so much so that I don't have it on the pc. I am going to go with that my sim is in a place where Winter is (not) coming but that the technological gods have removed the sims who created clothes dryers from existence before they could create the technology. :)

I have an interest in historical houses in Queensland (houses actually called the Queenslander) which did actually start off as 2 bedroom + small living area + bathroom and then got added to. Seeing some of them (there are pictures on the walls in my home (and their floorplans - there are some people who have done PhD studies into the development of the QLDer, from the tiny two bedroom cottage to the sprawling house) of my ancestors sitting in front of one of these) for their family portraits and so forth, I kind of know the floor plan of authentic ones.

As a kid, many many happy hours were spent at my Grandma's Queenslander where she and my Grandpa brought up mum and her two brothers and older sister. :)

Edited to Add: I'm giving this a go myself, because one can never have too many Sims projects on the go at once :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »
Thanks Dek! Would you care to share some of those pics?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 10:45:01 AM »
Just for general information, I changed the link in the first post to take the viewer to the forum instead of the thread. It should work better.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:38 AM »
I have a tiny update here. Their farm is doing great and they have about $118 now. Fleur became a child and Evie is pregnant w/the last child.  She finally got enough for a collection helper which finds all kinds of seeds. They also have a chest where I store all of the herb and fruit seeds that they find for either Gardener or a later generation when they take over. Here is a current pic of Fleur.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2019, 11:21:04 PM »
Evie and Timothy's son and heir is now a teen. Evie has proven to the world that even though she grew up in the big city, she could still dream of owning a farm and she succeeded. She knew that it would be a lot of work and still is. As a girl she never dreamed that it would ever happen and she would have never guessed how. Who would think that meeting a man who would sweep her off of her feet and then deserting her would land her on the farm of her dreams? Fortunately, She will have her son Gardener to help out w/the planting and gardening now. Timothy is getting older and not too far from becoming elder. Both parents wanted to put Fleur into the boarding school of Peace and Love. On the day before she was to leave, Fleur asked her parents if she could throw a slumber party and they agreed. She wanted to celebrate the start of her new adventure. The party was a modest success.

Gardener knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that he definitely wanted to make the house bigger! He would dream  every night of plans he would make. He hasn't quite decided what he would grow on the farm yet though. He still has a little while to decide. Whatever it will be, he wanted it to be profitable. The next day, Evie sent Gardener to the library to study up on gardening. She didn't want him to have to start from scratch like she did.

Evie gave birth to a little boy who she named Galen. He was born w/the Easily Impressed and Good traits. He's the only child who inherited dad's pale blonde hair. It also looks like he might have some streaks of mom's hair color.

Edit: I just peeked and he has all of dad's hair color. Dad has darker blonde highlights and so does Galen.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »
I forgot to update, but Galen had become a child. He is now a teen and Gardener is a YA. I can now expand the house! They have a little over $500k from growing mostly Red Berry Beans and harvesting honey and some mushrooms as well. I gave Evie the Suave Seller ltr so she could get paid a little better for her produce. Poor Timothy tried to harvest the honey as an elder and he was constantly attacked! The last time I had him do it, he was attacked no less than 3 times for a single box and this was after using nraas/debug/make happy on the bees! So, no more elders taking care of bees now! Evie still has a few days before becoming elder. When she married, she was a YA an he was an adult. When they pass on, it looks like both will get the large tombstone. Here are some pics of the family: The order is Gardener, Fleur, Galen, and Timothy. Gardener doesn't have a girl in mind just yet, but he's working on one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Grow as You Go Farmacy - The Story of Evie Nirel
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 03:07:01 PM »
Here is just a little update on Evie's progress. Gardener has maxed his gardening skill and moved in his sweetheart, Kristen Vinter and they will be marrying pretty quickly. When he met her, she was still a teen, but her age seemed to have gotten stuck so I had him move her in so I could age her up. She had been at 0 days to YA for 2 days! Surprisingly, she had an A grade in school so I got to choose her last trait! I've never seen a townie w/an A before. Usually, they're C or something. I chose "Green Thumb" for her since she will be participating in the farming. Gardener chose to grow fruit for this generation, but not anything berry related. His heir can grow the Berry garden. So far, he has Peach and Banana trees planted as well as some Plasma fruit, Life Plant, and Watermelons. I'll probably keep all of the Life Fruits for the future Nectar maker. Hopefully, I can find some Pomegranates also if the Swift Grow stations ever comply, lol. Gardener expanded the house, but so far only added one more bedroom and another bathroom. He also made the living area much bigger. Timothy is very close to the end of his age now. I also included a pic of the greenhouse. Right now, I'm on the first day of Spring and so the plants will be going outside again soon. I'm keeping Fleur around for a little bit to work on potions. It would be very nice to have some sleeping potions to cut down on the number of hours they need to sleep. They're also all throwing wishes to grow a Forbidden Fruit! I'll probably have Galen study enough science to be able to create some seeds. Gotta be careful though to not "harvest" them directly. :)  "Tend Garden" will harvest them w/o getting the plant sim baby.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 09:16:45 PM »
Oh, their house is looking so cute. And I love the indoor garden idea! I've always done an actual greenhouse but it costs a lot so that's not happening any time soon in my Farmacy. Brooke's garden is such a hodge-podge!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 09:48:57 PM »
I learned long before I bought the Swift Grow station that making my own greenhouse was simple and FAR less expensive. You just need to be able to afford the walls. If you can't afford to put wallpaper on when you're done, you can use the freebie one and put a pattern on it to make it look a bit better. :)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »
Here are the promised pics of the grown Fleur and of Kristen Vinter. Fluer looks almost like a clone of her mom! Kristen's hair is actually dark brown, but looks black in the dimmer light of the greenhouse.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 02:02:06 AM »
I decided to take a little break for simming right now, lol. I'm starting to harvest and put up produce from our RL garden and will be making plum jam pretty soon. Anyway, w/o further adieu,

Evie woke up this morning realizing that it was her birthday today. She's going be an elder! Last night as she was reminiscing about her life, how she had started out w/absolutely nothing and about how she met Timothy. She had been so busy trying to grow her tiny little garden and trying to keep the weeds under control that she forgot to pay her bills and he came as the repo man. She and Timothy had a talk last night.

She walked over to Timothy and started sharing some of her memories w/him. You know Tim, when you first came here, I had only a sleeping bag and a few plants and this property to my name and you came as the repo man and repossessed one of my light bulbs.

I don't know why, but I felt oddly attracted to you even though you had a mean smirk on your face as you were doing it. Timothy replied Somehow, I also found you attractive.  Evie continued "I somehow found out how to contact you, but I don't even remember how. I have always wondered though what did you see in me that caused you to be so attracted?"

"As you know after all these years together, I'm not mean at all, but I had to act mean for my job. It was just a job and nothing more. One of the stipulations of the job was that I could not marry. If I wanted to marry, I would have to quit. The more I got to know you, the more I loved you and the more I knew that I just had to marry you. I was more than happy to quit that  job just for you."

"You're so sweet Tim! I will love you forever!" "I will also love you forever Evie!"

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2019, 08:03:57 PM »
The morning of Gardener and Kirsten's wedding dawned bright and clear and sunny. It was a beautiful day and Gardener was thinking about his up and coming vows. He could hardly wait b/c he had been looking forward to this for a long time now. Kirsten and Gardener were just a teens when she moved in. Now they're young adults and ready to commit to their love forever.

Everything was set up and Evie made sure the buffet and bar were ready for the guests. When the time came, Gardener and Kirsten stood under the arch ready to say their vows although Kirsten had a few butterflies.

Evie could hardly believe how time was flying by. It seemed like just yesterday, he was just a little one and now he's grown and married!
As Gardener and Kirsten stood there, they began to recite their vows to each other

I take thee Kirsten

To be my beloved wife

To have and to hold forever til death do we part

Kirsten repeated her vows also

I take thee Gardener to be my beloved husband

Til death do we part

It was late by the time the wedding was over, but to Kirsten's surprise, the party was a roaring success verging on epic! After the party, they both collapsed into bed that night. The next day they decided to start their family immediately.

We leave off for now w/a nooboo on the way.

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2019, 08:53:51 PM »
Congratulations Kirsten and Gardener! I love her Kirsten's dress and veil---so pretty. Is it cc? And cheers for the coming nooboo!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2019, 09:35:03 PM »
Yes, they're both cc. :)