Author Topic: Mango Family in Aurora Skies  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Mango Family in Aurora Skies
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:56:22 PM »
Hi, I've never seen this in any other world/game, but it seems as though EA created this family w/the father being an elder. Both of their children seem to have inherited dad's gray hair!! Here is pic of the boy and his sister is the same. : /  Has anybody else experienced this?

Gray Hair on Child.jpg

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Mango Family in Aurora Skies
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
The Sims Wiki says that Magnus Mango is an adult but kids can and will inherit any grey streaks in an adult's hair color, or whatever an elder had when younger (EA hides some wacky colors under there sometimes lol).
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »
Well, all gray is pretty wacky! lol

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 10:41:46 PM »
That's one of the reasons I never change anyone's hair color in my TJ game as I want the hair colors to stay original to the family. If a mom or anyone else for that matter, colors her hair then any children can then be born with it. Which makes no sense at all because in RL people color their hair all the time and it's not passed on genetically. But that's the sims 3 genes for you! In Isla Paradiso(IP)and in Appaloosa Plains(AP), there are families that have dead parents as ghosts in the game, which means their grandchildren can inherit their hair, eyes, and skin color. In IP it's Matteo Torres that passes on his parent's death by drowning turquoise hair. (But no blue skin for either child). And in AP it's the Riffin family that can pass on their parents  death by fire red hair, skin, and eye color. A son of Calvin's got both the red skin and red hair!

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:52:51 PM »
I did the quick reply so I couldn't add photos.
Here's Desmond as a teen with his dead grandparents turquoise hair!
Screenshot-99.jpg

And it's Cornell Riffin's son (not Calvin) that has his grandparents red hair and skin!
Screenshot-560.jpg

So if grandparents exist in a town, even as ghosts, their genetics can be passed on to their grandchildren.

And from what I've read there's also a low chance that a child will be born with a random hair color that's not been seen in the family before.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 11:32:23 AM »
@deedee_828: I had heard about Isla Paradiso kids being born with teal hair and/or skin before but definitely filed away the memories until now. "Back in the day" there was a bit of complaining about Twinbrook not connecting any of its pre-made ghosts to living townies that clearly were related somehow, but since they're all green-skinned and grey-haired it could have been trying to prevent this too (until they stopped caring? Who knows, it's fun though)

Kids can get random hair and eye colors but they have to be ones saved as presets.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 03:52:03 PM »
I *think* if you just edit the hair color in the mirror or via MC/Stylist, the hair color is just cosmetic where if you change it in CAS, it's genetic. I've not tried it or experimented w/it though. Well, I have changed hair color w/Stylist, but have not had children after that. All I can say about the red skinned/red haired toddler though is yikes! I've seen the ghosts in IP and I think 1 family in Aurora Skies, but have not played them.