Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32355 times)

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 06:35:39 PM »
Very tempted to try this as I’ve always loved bingo type challenges (writing, icons etc) but a bit nervous to disable a gamepack while I have an active dynasty challenge. i get that it would be a different save files but wouldn’t it break existing saves?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 06:50:09 PM »
Very tempted to try this as I’ve always loved bingo type challenges (writing, icons etc) but a bit nervous to disable a gamepack while I have an active dynasty challenge. i get that it would be a different save files but wouldn’t it break existing saves?

When you disable a pack, it disables it for your new game AND your saves.  So you would need to enable the pack when you want to play your dynasty using that pack.  But you don't HAVE to disable a pack to play the challenge - you can just not use the banned content.

Edit - struck that last part as the rule that Realm of Magic must be disabled for this challenge was added.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 12:46:41 AM »
So, does the Magic Pack bring collectibles/fish into the game and do these appear outside of Glimmerbrook/the magic realm?

If they do and you dig up/collect/catch one of them, is it game over and DNF for you?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 01:03:02 AM »
**Back to back parties just means that's all your Sim would do besides eating, sleeping, etc. -- no working on other bingo squares.

I finally decided to google what does 'back to back' mean because this phrase only made me absolutely confused. Now I guess I got it. That means 'consecutive'?
Guess I should finally take an English test next year. My level is definitely nowhere as good as I try to pretend.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2019, 01:16:06 AM »
So, does the Magic Pack bring collectibles/fish into the game and do these appear outside of Glimmerbrook/the magic realm?

If they do and you dig up/collect/catch one of them, is it game over and DNF for you?

There is a new magical artifacts collection and two new additions to the gardening collection - mandrake and valerian root.  I have found no evidence of new fish or collectibles that can be dug up, but let me check with the other team members to see if they know of any issues there.  You would not be able to collect the magical artifacts collection.  If you were to find a wild mandrake or valerian root, leave it be - don't  harvest it - personally, I haven't seen it anywhere but Glimmerbrook.  Of course you would need to stay out of Glimmerbrook completely.  You also can't add a Spellcaster to your household - the team needs to discuss this one, since there is the possibility of adding a Spellcaster since you wouldn't necessarily know the sim is a Spellcaster in advance.

I'll get a discussion going with the team and we will answer more definitively soon.

Edit:  The outcome is an addition to the rules - Realm of Magic must be disabled for this challenge.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2019, 01:18:00 AM »
**Back to back parties just means that's all your Sim would do besides eating, sleeping, etc. -- no working on other bingo squares.

I finally decided to google what does 'back to back' mean because this phrase only made me absolutely confused. Now I guess I got it. That means 'consecutive'?
Guess I should finally take an English test next year. My level is definitely nowhere as good as I try to pretend.

Yes, it means consecutive - you can do other activities between to meet sim needs, but you need to party party party party party party without working on any other bingo squares in between all those parties.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2019, 01:44:23 AM »
Thank you @GlazeyLady ... my biggest problem is I panic a lot that I'm going to do something against the rules accidentally in one of these. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2019, 01:47:19 AM »
Thank you @GlazeyLady ... my biggest problem is I panic a lot that I'm going to do something against the rules accidentally in one of these. :P

@Deklitch Well, if you do, PM us and let us discuss - we'd much rather find a fair way to deal with an accident than require a DNF.   :)

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2019, 03:55:57 AM »
This challenge sounds great! I don't have all the packs so not sure how many different types of party there are, but when it says 'six different parties' does it mean six different types of parties eg birthday, wedding etc, or just six separate events? Thanks!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2019, 08:28:35 AM »
This challenge sounds great! I don't have all the packs so not sure how many different types of party there are, but when it says 'six different parties' does it mean six different types of parties eg birthday, wedding etc, or just six separate events? Thanks!

Yes, it means six different types of parties, which is the number of different party types in the Sims 4 base game.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2019, 03:09:43 PM »
A note for Realm of Magic users...

• Banned content: Clubs, Wishing Well, Changing or Adding Lot Traits, and Realm of Magic Game Pack. If you have Realm of Magic it must be disabled before starting.

EDIT: Oh, that is so weird. See how the 2nd Realm of Magic is raised too high? I have no clue why that happened. :)

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
@Metropolis Man it is ... wait for it ... wait for it ... magic.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »
@Metropolis Man it is ... wait for it ... wait for it ... magic.

Lol - I'm liking your sense of humor, Dek. ;) Yeah, actually it needed its own line I guess 'cause now all is good.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »
ok ... two further questions

"One sim purchases 25k in reward traits" - does this mean that the various potions and Mermadic Kelp won't count?

"10 unique upgrades each on a unique object" - does this mean at least one word in each object need to be different or it needs to be 10 different objects regardless of name? So I could give an upgrade to an ambassador toilet and a different one to a modern relief toilet, but I couldn't buy two ambassador toilets and give a unique upgrade to each? Or can I buy two ambassadors and give each a unique upgrade for it to count each time?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 07:00:06 PM »
ok ... two further questions

"One sim purchases 25k in reward traits" - does this mean that the various potions and Mermadic Kelp won't count?

I'm okay with the potions and Kelp counting, but let's see what others say.

"10 unique upgrades each on a unique object" - does this mean at least one word in each object need to be different or it needs to be 10 different objects regardless of name? So I could give an upgrade to an ambassador toilet and a different one to a modern relief toilet, but I couldn't buy two ambassador toilets and give a unique upgrade to each? Or can I buy two ambassadors and give each a unique upgrade for it to count each time?

This particular square is Glazey's suggestion and I am guessing that neither of your interpretations would fly because a toilet is a toilet. So, you'd do one type of upgrade -- i.e. nonbreakable on a toilet. But, then toilets are done. You move on to sinks or whatever for a totally different upgrade (not nonbreakable). Glazey can chime in if I read her mind correctly. ;)