Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 33038 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2019, 07:47:08 AM »
Wow, what a monster of a challenge, I am truly terrified! :o Get ready to bombarded with questions Challenge Team!

One:
**All skills count.

Including toddler and child skills?

Two: Question about the parties, I know we have to get a medal in each one, does it matter what type? Does a Date count?

Three: For the Maxing A Career bingo card I'm guessing that the part time jobs don't count? (I'm not sure there's a way to max Freelancer)

Four: Have $250,000 in household funds, do you mean by the end of the challenge or is the card completed as soon as we hit that amount? Does it matter if we spend that money once earned?

Five: Having A Tombstone On The Lot, so no hiding it away in the inventory then?

I'm confused as to why the Skill and Emotions Bingo cards were the ones that got nerfed, I thought they were some of the easier ones. To me, the Grim Reaper and Book Royalties Cards seem waaaaay harder but maybe that's just me? ??? But I guess that's just a matter of opinion.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2019, 08:44:23 AM »
One:
**All skills count.

Including toddler and child skills?

No. They would not count.

Two: Question about the parties, I know we have to get a medal in each one, does it matter what type? Does a Date count?

If memory serves me you have to cover the different types in the base game.

Three: For the Maxing A Career bingo card I'm guessing that the part time jobs don't count? (I'm not sure there's a way to max Freelancer)

Part-time jobs are not careers, so they would not count.

Four: Have $250,000 in household funds, do you mean by the end of the challenge or is the card completed as soon as we hit that amount? Does it matter if we spend that money once earned?

You would scratch that square off as soon as you hit the 250k.

Five: Having A Tombstone On The Lot, so no hiding it away in the inventory then? Can we release the spirit or do we have to deal with the ghost? If so may we add the ghost to the household to work on Bingo Cards? Can we use the Tombstone to get Sugar Skulls for one of our collections?

I'll let another team member answer these.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2019, 10:41:14 AM »
Very interesting challenge. I have few questions.

1. Moving out is not allowed but how about killing them off?
2. Any rule regarding alien abduction?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2019, 11:08:50 AM »
Just added a clarification...

• If a bingo square does not state "One Sim" then other household members may assist in the task.

--------------

Also added this....

• No intentional killing of any household members.

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2019, 11:12:51 PM »
I have two questions  :)

With the catch 10 unique fish in 10 different fishing spots, does that mean that the pond and 3 fishing spots in Willow Creek Park, count as 4 spots or do I need to go to a new location each time?

Can you add lot traits to a lot that doesn't have any, like Bargain Bend?

Thanks

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2019, 01:41:18 AM »
I've been play testing this challenge and I've hit upon a problem with the parties.  The first party, house party, had the goaled events, but when I did the Incognito Party it didn't give the goals drop to do list to actually get a goal, which means that I can't get a medal for the party.  I exited my game and went back into it, but still having that same problem.  I've had this before so I'm not sure what is causing it?  I would like any suggestions as to why, or if anyone else has had this problem?

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2019, 01:58:59 AM »
Just ignore the last post about the parties.  I researched the issue and have now discovered what I need to do to fix it and what I was doing wrong.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2019, 02:55:50 AM »
Posted by: crstasse« on: October 14, 2019, 11:12:51 PM I have two questions  :) With the catch 10 unique fish in 10 different fishing spots, does that mean that the pond and 3 fishing spots in Willow Creek Park, count as 4 spots or do I need to go to a new location each time?

Thanks

@crstasse I'm pretty certain it means different fishing spots not locations, so fishing at multiple spots in one location should be fine as long as they are different every time.

Another question about the parties you guys must be getting sick of these by now, lol. Are only parties from the base game allowed?

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2019, 12:34:53 PM » Quote from: Vesper on October 11, 2019, 09:37:21 AM
What about adoption?

Any reason not to allow adoption?  My first thought was that if you adopted two teens that would really be an advantage to the Having Teens with A's - I would consider those two adoptees to NOT be twins, but not sure if everyone would see it that way if they were adopted on the same day.  So wondering if we should say adoption is ok but must be at the baby stage.

I have to agree with @GlazeyLady here, two babies adopted on the same day would NOT be considered twins in my opinion and having come from a family with twin brothers, I feel quite strongly about this. I'm all for adoption but I think for the Have Twins Be High School A Students Bingo Card that the children in question should be twins, it adds to the difficulty after all. I hope the Team doesn't mind me chiming in on this topic but I felt I had to say something.

2. Any rule regarding alien abduction?

I've been wondering about this too, if said abduction results in twins (I've had this happen to me before), can they count towards that particular Bingo Card? Are we using the Satellite Dish for this challenge? Given that we are only allowed three Lot Traits that can never change I don't really want to waste one of them on the Private Dwelling trait and I'm fine with alien abductions and whatever the team decides on that.

I think that's everything I want to know for now (I'm sure I'll think of more), that and the whole Tombstone and Ghost situation. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2019, 03:05:08 AM »
What if you try for twins and actually have triplets? Would two of them getting the A in school count for that square, or because they are triplets and not twins they wouldn't count?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2019, 03:38:37 AM »
Is it okay to age up YA/Adult sims whenever we want to? The Birthday party can't be completed without blowing out the candles on a cake.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2019, 03:41:09 AM »
Is it okay to age up YA/Adult sims whenever we want to? The Birthday party can't be completed without blowing out the candles on a cake.

Checking with the team and will get an answer regarding this and other party questions soon.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2019, 03:42:08 AM »
@crstasse 
Yes, it is 10 different fishing spots, not 10 different neighborhoods.

@Rainbow Dash
Adoption is allowed, but only of babies, and two adoptions on the same day is not considered twins.
We don't have any rule against alien abduction or twins resulting from an alien pregnancy.
Reminder:  Changing or adding lot traits is not allowed.

@Deklitch
If you have triplets, two of them getting an "A" in high school would count as two twins getting an "A".

Offline crstasse

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2019, 04:37:12 AM »

Thanks for the quick replies  :)  Just one other question.  Can you change aspirations throughout or must they complete an aspiration before changing it.

Thanks

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2019, 05:50:40 AM »
[deleted] - Metro

I just remembered another question I wanted to ask (I knew there was something). One Sim can work on more than one Bingo Card at a time right? Just wanted to check on that.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2019, 07:19:42 AM »
Rainbow, your first comment above was deleted. No need to voluntarily give players advice. Save that for after an event.

And yes, no restrictions on Sims working on multiple squares except for the back to back parties. That's all one Sim does when they tackle that.