Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32376 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2019, 02:04:32 AM »
Just one card per player, per household.

I'm not sure what this means, I thought we couldn't move, therefore only having one household throughout the challenge and what do
you mean by 'One Player'? ???

Bingo card:
Each player just prints out one card, and tries to fill that card out. If you manage to fill it out before the time ends. Mark you time, as we can use that as tiebreaker.

So only one household, which you play through the whole challenge.

I misunderstood this, I thought it was referring to the individual Bingo Cards not the whole Bingo Sheet, thanks for clearing that up @LenaLJ :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2019, 02:35:49 AM »
Note: The middle square was 500 Achievement points. Now it's 500 Satisfaction points.

Just when I spent another day on practicing for the former :'( Guess when the event ends, I will replay it just for my own fun with the original cells.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2019, 02:44:22 AM »
I'm still not sure about the parties part (sorry for the pun).

- Are only parties from the base game allowed?
- Is it okay to age up a YA/Adult sim whenever we want?
- Is it fine if our initial sim dies before the challenge ends, as long as there are other sims in the household?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2019, 06:54:01 AM »
Note: The middle square was 500 Achievement points. Now it's 500 Satisfaction points.

Just when I spent another day on practicing for the former :'( Guess when the event ends, I will replay it just for my own fun with the original cells.

Sorry about that, Nikitachi. :) I do not think there will be any additional changes. *fingers crossed*

I'm still not sure about the parties part (sorry for the pun).
- Are only parties from the base game allowed?

No. All parties qualify. But, remember -- dates are not parties.

- Is it okay to age up a YA/Adult sim whenever we want?

Yes, but no aging up an Elder because that would be intentional killing. And on that note, another player messaged the team and asked about setting up situations where there would be the potential for a Sim to die. That really does not fly either because honestly, what's the intent in doing that? ;) You're crossing your fingers and making it possible for that to happen.

- Is it fine if our initial sim dies before the challenge ends, as long as there are other sims in the household?

Yep, no problem.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2019, 07:03:09 AM »
Guess who finally found the wretched Achievements and was looking in the wrong place all this time? (I thought it was in the UI panel).  ::)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2019, 07:08:17 AM »
Guess who finally found the wretched Achievements and was looking in the wrong place all this time? (I thought it was in the UI panel).  ::)

I'm awarding you 50 Satisfaction for finding where the Achievements are! :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2019, 09:13:21 AM »
Someone just asked the team about moving, and here is the clarification...

• No adding to the household via Manage Worlds -- you must "Ask to Move In." After a Sim is asked to move in, you are allowed to move in additional household members. Once Sims are moved in, they cannot be moved out. Similarly, if your Sim moves, everyone in the household needs to move also.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2019, 06:01:07 PM »
It's hard to believe the Finale goes live a week from tomorrow, but that's where we are at. So, if you have any remaining questions, please PM the team so you're crystal clear on everything.

I cannot see the bingo card changing next week, so you should be safe in making any final practice runs with the current card printed out for your reference.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2019, 06:04:32 PM »
Do we come in here and yell BINGO and use enormous flashing glowing coloured letters of a different font face with the marquee and shadow effects if/when we do score a BINGO?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2019, 06:07:15 PM »
Do we come in here and yell BINGO and use enormous flashing glowing coloured letters of a different font face with the marquee and shadow effects if/when we do score a BINGO?

Heck ya! And better take a selfie or it didn't happen!

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2019, 06:49:57 AM »
Deklitch - I love it! I am going to sing the Bingo song if I get a line. This is a really hard challenge, but I am going to try to do it!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2019, 08:13:26 PM »
NOTE: Minor change to the tombstone square. Originally it stated -- have a tombstone of one of your Sims on the lot. Most players would interpret that as meaning it has to be a household member. It now reads "have the tombstone of a Sim on the lot." Now, keep in mind the no-killing rule. That's still in place.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
Discover University is being released on Nov 15 and that pack will be banned for the Finale.

Offline Sarleenia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2019, 06:33:27 PM »
Sorry to harp on about parties again, but I've just been looking into the party thing and I only have four available which I can do. It looks from my Googling as though the incognito and costume parties need the deluxe Sims edition, which I don't have. Does that mean I can't do that square, or am I able to repeat some of the parties? Or is there some way around this that I don't know about? Thanks!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2019, 06:07:34 AM »
Sorry to harp on about parties again, but I've just been looking into the party thing and I only have four available which I can do. It looks from my Googling as though the incognito and costume parties need the deluxe Sims edition, which I don't have. Does that mean I can't do that square, or am I able to repeat some of the parties? Or is there some way around this that I don't know about? Thanks!

The team is thinking there should be 6 types of parties in the base game.