Author Topic: The Blackburn Dynasty  (Read 15194 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: The Blackburn Dynasty
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2020, 01:54:41 PM »
I love Alaric so far. Hetal makes great kids generally (I'm biased) and he just looks so smashing. I do wish he was a bit huskier, but that's true of like...every sim.

I checked his kids and I'm pretty sure at least one got the nose but I've now forgotten which ones had it. So it'll be a surprise!

Weirdly, gen 3 didn't have a ton of options for me because SOMEONE only had 2 boys and while there are a few original townies still around, I'm hoping to use term as pollinators rather than a spouse. My hope is Rainflower will be the only non pollinated spouse. But in terms of boys older than her that aren't the old original townies, she didn't have a lot of options. And my front runner for her got stuck as an adult werewolf, so I kind of want to leave him alone and see if he'll stick around.

Honestly, I've made some mistakes with my pollinating choices (including forgetting to pollinate Deedee in time) but it's all been ones I'm learning from. It's been a lot of fun figuring it all out. I am incredibly upset that with Janet and Cyrus not one single kid got her skin tone! I'm so mad! I even had get her pregnant a second time partly for a girl and partly because I wanted her skin tone! But they all got Cyrus' and I'm **ed.

I've been trying to remember to fatten my pollinators up but so far I've only remembered for one. But that's a start! I want fat sims! I'm hoping Giulia can be my lone skinny one and I can get the rest back to at least Vera and Adelaide's size. Giulia got a huge make over once she hit young adult and as ages gonna be a stylist, she's got tons of outfits. It's always fun to get to go ham on a sim with a big sense of fashion.

I have no idea why Charlotte got the body hair but I love it! It showed up when she hit adult for some reason. I'm sad because Giulia got a job to make her over that required a new hairstyle and the body hair seems to have vanished after the makeover and I'm very upset! But maybe she passed the hair off to her kids?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2020, 03:12:57 PM »
Body hair is inherited from the sim's dad usually. I don't know if female sims carry any data for it but at least we know where Charlotte got it from. I do hope future sims games think about body hair a little deeper (women and armpits!) but first we actually need a sims title past TS3 with body hair.

For all the comments about Giulia's weight sometimes it's nice to switch things up. The downside to original townie genes is definitely the finite pool of genes you're given. Great faces but a weight distribution that makes no sense.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Chapter 21
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2020, 08:18:48 PM »
The house has been tense and miserable lately. We all still miss Hetal and grief has made us prickly. Giulia and I have been fighting more than ever. She blames me for her father not being around as much because of course that’s my fault. It can’t possibly be something her golden father is doing. She’s going to get her heart broken by that man and I wish I could do something to stop it from happening.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Cyrus and I are fighting more too. He said he wanted to work on things with me, fix our marriage, but how can we do that when he is always working! I hate all this fighting! When I pictured what my family life was going to be like, I didn’t picture such a disaster. I just want to work on my sculptures, but instead there is all this fighting.

And Cyrus used to at least be a good father, but he’s not even that anymore. He’s always gone and spends more time away from home than not. And he’s no longer making as much time for Giulia, he hardly sees her any more than he sees me. It's just work, work, work with him.

As usual, when Cyrus failed to step up, Basil came to the rescue. He offered to take Giulia and her cousin to the Fall festival. It was the first time the girls had hung out since they were much younger and apparently Giulia was very interested in Lucy.

According to Basil, they spent all night flirting and heart eyed for each other. I’m not sure how I feel about this, but, I guess they aren’t blood related. And they couldn’t have children anyway. It’s just, well, not my first choice for her. But that's probably why she likes her so much.

Balthazar and Warren are spending more time than ever together, flirting and very much in love. They make it seem so effortless, it's hard not to feel my envy choking me. I hate this. I hate how bitter and angry I feel all the time.

With Cyrus gone so much, Balthazar has been taking over teaching Giulia about magic. She’s been getting very good under his care, upgrading all the appliances around the house.

Despite my rules, Giulia continues to sneak out to see the Pok kids. She can’t just seem to leave things alone! Why can’t she go hang out with those Rodgers girls? I would much rather them than the Poks! She does this just to get under my skin!

It was after one such night at the Pok’s that everything blew up. I admit I acted a...touch rashly when I reported her as missing when she wouldn’t tell me where she was. It also happened to be one of the rare nights Cyrus was at the house and Giulia’s eventful arrival brought him down in a foul mood.

When he started getting involved and trying to suddenly act like a parent and it all exploded out of me. The anger just boiled out of me. How dare he pretend to be a father now after ignoring her for months! How dare he act like a member of this family now!

I raged at him that I knew about his latest affair with Fawn Swain. That he was incapable of being faithful and he was a dirty old man chasing after much younger women. That he had children with her! That he had just run away to start over again because this one had gotten too hard.

He told me that he didn’t need me anymore and he had a new, better family and stormed out of the house while I screamed at him that we were through and I never wanted to see him again.

Giulia is beside herself and of course blames me. Our fight continued when I went to check on her after Cyrus stormed out. I think it’s easier for her to be mad at me than to realize Cyrus doesn’t care about her anymore, now that he has new children to dote on. Ones with less baggage than his current one. Things didn’t end well between us, but we weren’t getting anywhere and we both needed sleep.

I’m handling all this with my usual calm and control.

The next morning was rough, as it all came crashing back when I woke up. What was I going to do? I had done everything I was supposed to do and it had ended terribly. I wasn’t happy and while I had time with my art, it wasn’t fulfilling.

I didn’t even begin to know how to process all this and for some reason I found myself scrolling through my phone contacts, looking for...I don’t know what. And then I saw her name it just seemed...right. If anyone could understand, it was her.

So I called Janet Pok.

And I was right. She did understand what it was like. We didn’t have identical stories, but they were close enough that it helped to talk to her. And we talked a long time, hours in fact, long enough that I totally lost track of time. She was so easy to talk to and understood what it was like to have Cyrus be there and so supportive and wonderful one minute and then vanish from not just your life, but the children's as well.

She also loved her work and wasn’t very maternal. She was absolutely brilliant and she knew what it was like to have all your dreams fall apart and have to try and pick it back up afterwards. I opened up to her in a way I never have with anyone that wasn’t Basil. I liked that she wasn't mushy about things.

I don’t know what I was thinking or who initiated it, but there was something between us, something real and passionate. And then we were kissing and it was better than anything I had experienced with Cyrus. She was soft and cool and smelled incredible and it felt good to be desired again.

We are going to take things slow. We’ve both been burned and I’m not sure either of us are ready for anything heavy, but it’s been nice to go on dates and to flirt and laugh again for no other reason than I wanted too.

Giulia seems to have her own budding romance, which is helping calm her down a little. For Spooky Day she threw a birthday party for Alaric, inviting over some friends, including Lucy.

Lucy had quite the new look for the party and Giulia seemed very taken with it. Including spending some time in the photo booth together.

Alaric was pleased to be a young adult finally, as Debra had aged up a few days earlier.

He graduated valedictorian and most artistic and after his ceremony we headed to our traditional breakfast at the graduates favorite restaurant. Giulia made sure to pointedly not speak to me the entire breakfast, proving just how immature she still is.

Giulia has been trying to spend time with Cyrus and her new step siblings. He had been hiding them from us for years and Giulia wanted to find her place with his new family. Unfortunately, Cyrus doesn’t seem to be spending any more time with her than he had been. He mostly avoids her or tells her it isn’t a good time for her to come over. I don’t think Fawn likes her there and Cyrus has never seemed to have a problem just leaving his problems behind.

Basil has been spending time with his kids, making sure they get to have lots of individual time with him. He loves being a dad and getting to watch his kids grow. He’s just not very good about keeping a relationship going with the mothers.

Janet and I have been seeing each other regularly and we decided to make things a little more official and she’s now my girlfriend. I don’t think either of us wants to remarry, but this is nice. To be in love and loved by someone. And I think it’s made my art much better! I’ve never been more inspired.

Giulia and Lucy have also moved past flirting. Giulia is brave and lacks tact, so she just went for it. Fortunately Lucy was receptive. And like most teenagers, things moved at the speed of light from that point. It wasn’t long before they were officially a couple and belting out romantic ballads at Mike’s.

And of course Giulia asked Lucy to prom.

It was also time for Honey to walk his Path. Grim came to get him and Mother was distraught. Honey was a difficult cat to love, but Mother and he had a special bond and she has been attached to Honey. Plus she loved any opportunity to wail dramatically around the house and get everyone to pay attention to her.

Things are still rocky, but for the first time, I’m starting to think about what I want and not what is expected of me. I think it's time to pass the torch onto Giulia. Maybe the responsibility will be good for her.

~~~~

Body hair is inherited from the sim's dad usually. I don't know if female sims carry any data for it but at least we know where Charlotte got it from. I do hope future sims games think about body hair a little deeper (women and armpits!) but first we actually need a sims title past TS3 with body hair.

For all the comments about Giulia's weight sometimes it's nice to switch things up. The downside to original townie genes is definitely the finite pool of genes you're given. Great faces but a weight distribution that makes no sense.

Switch things up, smitch things up. I want a dynasty of fat hotties and I failed once, I'm not going to fail again! I have so far remembered with my more recent pollinating to fat up the dads and I'm trying to remember to invite the moms over for a little trip to the body sculptor before hand. I will have my fatties!

I should start trying to remember to have Giulia add body hair to sims when she is giving makeovers. I like me some body hair.

This is also when I learned that a teenager hanging out with their stepsiblings at their house counts as breaking curfew. Police over reach!

Cyrus actually had terrible relationships with everyone in his 'new' family but Fawn because his kids got upset that he was cheating every time he was romantic with Fawn? Which...weird. One would think they would be fine with their dad kissing their mom, but nope. The Swain house (now Ivy because they moved into the Ivy house with some random clone face that I think was dating Peanut Ivy. I about had a heart attack when I couldn't find the Swain house anywhere. I had used mods in my alt save to finally figure it out) had a weird bug where even when Cyrus asked to spend the night, Lewis still kicked him out at 3 am. I like to imagine Lewis just didn't care that his sister agreed to it and threw him out every night anyway.

Alaric was also really bad at painting masterpieces. He painted SO MANY brilliant ones, way more than my other painters, but he was half way through his level 9 painting skill before he painted his first masterpiece! No idea why.

He is, however, still stunningly hot and if I could guarantee I got a clone of him I might consider a male heir. My life would be so much easier if I would.

Also, I have a Tiffany Singh and a Trinity Singh (cousins) and how dare you game. I am forever getting them confused even though they don’t look that similar.

I'm also CHRUSHED that Janet had 5 kids, more than I wanted but I was really hoping she would pass on her skin tone, but not a SINGLE kid got it! JANET HOW COULD YOU!? I guess I have to hope it skips a gen with one of her future grandkids. Boo! Hiss!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2020, 02:05:21 PM »
That chapter was a journey! A painful one that was still a long time coming...Cyrus likes his women boring confirmed (clearly he left Vera and Janet for a reason!) I do feel like my comments about sim weight were unwarranted, we've had enough dynasties of slender people and fat hotties is an admirable goal. I had luck exactly once with permanent weight gained while pregnant but I don't know if that ship has sailed for Giulia or not yet. May she forever feel small and insecure then. :P (KIDDING)

About the upset thing: did Cyrus have any hanging romantic interests? Or was still married to Vera? Unfortunately bystanders are judgmental under all circumstances.

And here's hoping to many good things for Alaric, masterpiece paintings included. Hetal would be proud of him. And I'm proud of Giulia for her fine taste in girlfriends and knowing more of what she wants than Vera and Basil ever did. Though teenagers are also notoriously stupid. Alaric can get into the middle of it for kids but I'll leave that decision to you.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2020, 09:42:56 PM »
After the upset that was having Giulia be born thin, I moved the body sculptor to where I look at it more and I've been way better about getting some new chubby sims around town. Giulia is almost ready to have her heir, but it hasn't quite happened in game yet, so I might get lucky, because she's getting fat before she gets knocked up and so is the dad!

Cyrus was still married to Vera most of the time he was with Fawn and I think that's what was making them mad? That he was publicly with Vera and Vera was technically really close with all of them for culling related reasons (ALSO BLESS YOU FOR THAT INFORMATION ABOUT CO WORKERS NOT MOVING AWAY!) so I think the game had them mad at Cyrus for cheating with Fawn, despite the fact that was their parents. He was a crap dad anyways, he just flirted with Fawn and worked out when I left him at their house. He totally ignored the kids.

Not to give anything away, but I think Giulia is a bit stupider in her young adult years then her teenage ones. And Alaric will be somewhat involved with the next heir, he wont be the direct father. It's a complicated web of romances to get Gen 4. Hopefully they will free me from the curse of the Rainflower eyes. (I kid, they are fine, but I will be sad to have them for three sims. I have embarked on a morally dubious breeding program so my sims look different!)

I do finally have some male sims in town I'm excited by. They are still pretty young in my current save, but I did sneak a peek and I'm praying they don't get culled! Though of course they are irritatingly close in age so I'm not sure I'll be able to get both as baby daddies, but hopefully I can at least pollinate with whichever one doesn't get used.

I try to let my sims love where their hearts take them, but they have less choice about who they breed with. And while I've made some mistakes with my pollinating choices (DEEDEE HOW COULD I FAIL YOU LIKE THAT), I'm overall pleased with how my town is looking. Though I'm well aware I have...odd tastes in sims. Why do I like the old looking ones so much? Who knows!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2020, 09:53:44 PM »
It's either pregnancy or birthdays...I was looking back at that one case and while I've had other sims gain pregnancy weight, this one also had her elder birthday right afterwards too (yes it was Jo Waverly). Funny that Cyrus' love children respected Vera more than him. I don't blame them.

And there's nothing wrong with stupid!

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Chapter 22
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2020, 12:09:09 AM »
What’s up nerds! Giulia here! My mom has been talking about herself for like, way too long and it’s time to talk about me!

I know, right! It's very exciting for you!

You already know some of the basics, but I’m way cooler than my boring Mom made me sound. I’m going to be a world famous stylist and bring some excitement to this town’s horrible style.

I have a hot girlfriend and we’re totally into each other and she’s the best! Her name is Lucy and I guess we are technically cousins, but only like, step ones, but it drives my mom nuts that we are together, which is pretty great.

I have a bunch of siblings, despite what my mom tries to tell everyone. I hate two of them though, they are the spawn of that homewrecking nightmare Fawn(boo! hiss!). She stole my dad from me and her kids are just as evil as she is. I don’t really think of any of them as family, more like soul stealing demons.

I do love my other half siblings! The Poks are the best! This is Roscoe and his twin brother, Julius. Clearly my dad had a thing for the name, huh?

And the triplets, Rosemary, Nicola

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

and Trina.

We hang out a lot, though now that our moms are dating, it doesn’t make my mom as mad when I do, so I dunno, it’s not as fun as it used to be. But they are pretty cool and it’s fun to hang out with a family that isn't entirely dysfunctional. And Trina and Julius are vampires, so that means I’ll have at least a few siblings around for a long time.

Morbid, right? But, like, you have to think about stuff like that when you are gonna live forever. Like I have to think about my look when I'm an elder. I’m gonna be such a silver fox when I’m an immortal, there is no way I'm going to totter around in a horrible outfit that belong on kindergarten teachers. Mom already looks like a grandma, so I doubt much will change when she finally cakes it. But we aren’t talking about her because she sucks and it’s my time now!

Though, honestly, my time in center stage is kind of off to a rough start. I’m sure mom planned it that way so she didn’t have to deal with the bad stuff. My dad left because my mom is an ice queen and, just like, super controlling all the time and never wants to deal with anything she doesn't like and Dad is the best and super nice and couldn’t handle how cold mom is. But then stupid Fawn and her succubus powers get her claws in him and if she just stole him from mom, whatever. But she is trying to steal him from me too!

It’s so annoying! And I know it’s her doing! My dad would never have done this on his own because he loves me! She probably love charmed him or something. I hate her so much. I should curse her entire bloodline or something! Instead I’m stuck trying to spend time with my dad when she’s whispered in his ear and gotten him mad at me! We never used to fight before her!

My mom is always trying to get me to like Janet and she threw a pool party with the Pok’s and it was cool to see my siblings, but dumb Janet was there. She and my mom are just so annoying together. She just throws my dad out and moves onto his old mistress? What is it about this weird vampire that my parents are so obsessed with? The whole thing is gross. That's not the bad part though. A little weird, but not, like, so bad.

But not long after that, my Uncle Balthazar died. Which really sucked and poor Warren was devastated. Grandma actually moved him into the house to take care of him while he was grieving. He had practically been living here since he and Balthazar started dating anyway. The family graveyard is getting full and it will get fuller still. Grandma would have something flowery to say about walking the path, but I'm just glad I don't have too.

Charlotte Durwood and her much older girlfriend, Debbie asked him if he would be willing to be the doner for a set of children for them. They wanted to start a family before Debbie was too old and Warren was happy to provide. He said it made him feel closer to Balthazar.

I probably would care more about all that except that my dad died a few days later and that kind of took over my world. We never got a chance to fix our relationship and it was all Fawn! He was finally free of my stupid mom and we were gonna hang out again just like old times except she wouldn’t let us! I hate her so much! Her and those stupid kids! I was his special daughter! I was his favorite and she stole him!

I don’t really remember what happened while I was grieving. I think I got arrested again? I spent a lot of nights with Lucy too. I didn’t want to be at home. It was honestly a bit of a blur. I might have acted out a bit.

As grandma reminds us, the Path always moves forward and it was time for Prom, regardless of how I felt about it. It felt weird going, but it was also nice to just go have fun with my friends. I won Prom Queen, because obviously that was going to happen. Lucy is the only one who could possibly have rivaled me and as much as I love Lucy, well, there is only one Giulia! We spent the entire dance together and it was a nice break. I needed it and I felt a little more stable than I had since Dad died.

Mom finally officially turned old and she threw a small party for it. Poor Charlotte came, but she wasn’t much in the mood for partying after Debbie’s sudden death. Debbie hadn’t even gotten to meet her future children. Bummer, right?

Not that it mattered much, mom’s party was such a snooze. I didn’t stay long and snuck out the second I could. No thank you boring old people parties.

The next day was Basil’s birthday, as usual. My mom sucks, but Basil is like, the best Uncle ever. Why can’t he be the immortal instead of mom? He’s so chill and fun. It’s gonna suck so much when he dies and I'm stuck with just Mom and Grandma. Ugh. Do not want to think about that! Let's instead think about the fact my girlfriend has some very weird fashion sense. I love what a risk taker she is!

But the most important part of the day was that it’s MY birthday as well! Goodbye chains of childhood, hello adult freedoms! No more having to listen to my dumb mom and I can stay out as late as I want!

And I can finally wear the full range of clothes! It is the greatest injustice that teenagers are so gross and limited in fashion! Look at me! The world should have had access to all this glory before now!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I didn’t get to party long because it was off to get a job as a stylist. I am dying to get going and start bringing some fun to this town! I was so jazzed after I got the job that I adopted a puppy! Isn’t little Peanut so cute! I love him and would die for him and he’s perfect and SO TINY!!!

We only got to play together a little bit before it was out to the studio for me. Everyone was working on Mom’s pieces, but I wanted the drafting board. I had been waiting for this day! It was time to learn how to draw so I could bring my designs to life!

It didn’t take long until Mom was ready for Immortality, her museum finished at last. Grandma headed into the kitchen for a fresh batch of her Ambrosia and mom went into the tower to eat it. I can’t wait until it’s my turn. I’m gonna be the coolest immortal ever!

Mom said it tasted decent, though it was a little spicy for her tastes because she’s boring. I would rather die than complain about something being too spicy. She's probably scared it will melt her.

She spends all her time with Janet now. She’ll probably mess that up like she messed everything up with my dad, but she seems happy, so whatever. It's boring either way.

I spend most of my time working at the studio or around town giving makeovers. And I am so good at it! Almost everyone loves my work! I like a good party, but this is my dream and I’m gonna reach the top! So I gotta focus, focus, focus!

Some of my clients have been a little...odd. Like Alfred seems a little obsessed. He is constantly asking for makeovers. I would think he had a thing for me, but I thought he only liked old women? Maybe he’s trying to get my mom’s number? Weirdo. But it pays the bills at least!

Oh! And I made sure to stop by City Hall to pick up my diploma! Valedictorian of course! And Most likely to become a Millionaire, which, obviously, I already am one. Then off for my celebratory breakfast!

As you can see, I’m pretty amazing! This is gonna be great!

~~~~

Debbie and Charlotte were girlfriends in game! I had planned on just love charming her for ease of pollinating until it came up she was dating Debbie and I was like “NEW PLAN THE LESBIANS STAY TOGETHER!”. And they did. For a few more days at least.

I forgot to take screenshots after I went through and fixed Giulia's hair, but she doesn’t have that side bang bob in any of her actual looks. I think all of them but the sleepwear are in her usual bun and bow.

It also never made it into the story, but Vera did get a bit of revenge. Once my heirs have finished up their requirements (minus museum pieces) I retire their moodlet mobile and switch them to a regular car. Keeping their needs met honestly helps keep them busy. But Cyrus was a vehicle enthusiast and he loved his car. That Vera kept when he 'left' and she's been driving ever sense. So she had a small revenge.

I had been really hoping Cyrus would die first and Balthazar and Warren might get a few days living together, but alas, it didn't work out that way. Just sucking it up right to the end there Cyrus. At least you left some beautiful children.

Also, I added up the numbers and where I am in my current save file, I have made 59 pollinated kids (not counting the ones I grew in house), though not all of those survived. My morals are gone, but my town is beautiful. I'm starting to freak out that I only have a few more opportunities to breed them all in!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2020, 02:42:13 PM »
Congrats on so many kids and not even being halfway through the dynasty (though probably around halfway through the pollination window or maybe more)

Balthazar helped make this dynasty great but Cyrus didn't leave a moment too soon. :P I'm hoping that Warren gets his golden kids in! I have a mate scouted out for him in my own game but it probably won't involve any feel-good donor stuff.

I also like that Giulia's styling skills still can't make Sam's granddaughter look less old.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2020, 09:19:53 PM »
I'm in denial about the pollinating ever stopping. My babies! I'm glad I'll be able to have some supernaturals for the later gens and will probably be pollinating to the very last second because it is very fun and I've gotten a little obsessed.

Cyrus left some pretty good kids behind. Physically if not emotionally, so he wasn't all bad. I think Warren left behind some golden kids. Two of them are vampires and I can not tell which parents skin they got and I haven't checked yet because I'm lazy. But I'm pretty sure at least one kid got it, which is good! I'm trying to not have everyone in the dynasty be the worst. Sprinkle in some nice ones here and there. For a treat.

Look. Both Giulia and I can only do so much! I tried to give her a more youthful feel and it was not easy! But I tried! Some of the townies were easier to make over than others but oh, it's nice to not be stuck with the really awful outfits, especially on a favorite sim.

I am pretty sure gender in my game is bugged. Or the aggressive gayness of the house is taking over. I have a pollinated girl named LaShawn and several of them have been aging up into the other genders hair. One of the kids who hasn't made an appearance yet aged up into that...prom kinda style with the little clips in it. It was a look.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2020, 04:33:08 PM »
Chapter 23

Welcome back nerds! I bet you have been dying to know what has been happening in my super interesting life!

Mostly, I work and when I’m not working, I’m sketching, sketching, sketching.

I can only handle that for so long before I explode and have to do something fun. Usually that’s hanging out with Lucy.

We made sure to go to the spring festival for Love Day. I do love how unique her looks are! Never afraid of taking risks! Not all those risks paid off, but when you are as stunning as Lucy, you can get away with a lot.

There is always so much to do at the Love Festival. Of course we blew the lid off the Love Tester because, I mean, look at us. Of course we set the bar for what true love is! Like, have you met us?

There was also fair food and skating and of course, dancing. Gotta try and win that crown after all! I look so good in crowns.

Uncle Basil decided to man the kissing booth! He was very popular and utterly adorable.

I do love attention, but sometimes it’s a little hard being so famous. It’s hard to find places to make out with your girlfriend where paparazzi can’t stalk you. Don’t worry, we managed it in the end, even if it did cause a bit of a scandal.

I also make sure to spend some of my precious free time with Peanut. Look at him!!! Isn’t he just the cutest?! We like to go on long walks and play in the back yard when I need a break from work.

Sometimes we walked down to my favorite place to chill, the Toadstool and I would get a drink to unwind after hours at the drafting table. I ran into Willie a few times there and I had never realized what a stunner she is.

She’s brave and smart and wild. Exactly like I am! Like this hot, hairy goddess with the coolest stories. I admit, some sparks flew, I mean, how could they not? I am ridiculously attractive. I still love Lucy, but, well, sometimes it's nice to flirt, ya know? I'm too good not to share.

Speaking of hot, Alaric has been seeing Debra pretty regularly. She loves listening to him be all moody and brooding and talk about life. I like a little more spice in my life, but we can’t all be me and that’s sad for you. She seems happy at least. I'm not sure Alaric is ever happy.

Janet and Mom are just as dull. They just spend all their time talking about boring junk and cuddling and old people stuff. Honestly, I have no idea because I don’t care enough to pay any attention. Which I guess is fine when you are old, but I am going to be a cool old person! I would literally rather die than be boring for all eternity.

Janet isn’t so bad though. I mean, Mom still sucks, but Janet is like, super smart and actually helped me get out of a couple of speeding tickets! So she isn’t all bad. Why couldn’t she have stayed with my dad instead of letting the Succubus get him?

Not everything has been perfect for me though. Mostly it is, because I’m like, amazing, but there is one particular thorn in my side: Celina Swain. A disgusting name for a disgusting creature. I despise her. I thought my greatest hatred would be reserved for that evil Succubus, but no. Her spawn, who shares my precious DNA against my will!, is far worse of a blight!

Example of her heinous behavior. My perfect and beloved Lucy and I were on a date, being enviable and adorable. You know, the usual.

That low budget Wednesday Addams just had to try and butt in! Trying to ruin my wonderful date with her nasty ways! What a loser! She’s just jealous that I have a hot girlfriend and she doesn’t! And that Dad loved me better!

And just to remind her who is the boss, I cursed her good before I went back to my date. Take that you little weasel!

I was hoping not to have to darken these precious pages with her disgusting presence, but she is like a wart that just won't be killed. Or some - some leech that you can’t burn off! A disgusting mold at the bottom of an old mug! Hopefully she’ll do us all a favor and leave town at the earliest opportunity!

Alaric was spending a lot more time at the Rogers. Probably wanted a captive audience for his brooding or something. Debra seems to like it though. I don’t mean to be so snarky, I just don’t see it lasting. She’s all star eyed about their high school romance and thinks she’s gonna get a husband and some babies. I don’t think Alaric is on that same page.

Which, like, super sad for Debra, but at least it’s gonna be some good drama when it all goes down. Is that mean? Well, it's true and it's not like I said it to her or anything.

I’ve been ~killing~ it at my career. In fact, I’m the top stylist in Moonlight Falls! Probably the world! Victory dance! And finally a halfway decent uniform! Not that I wore any of those lesser ones. Oh no. But I might actually let this one touch my body.

And the town is like, noticeably hotter and, like not to brag but it’s all thanks to me! You’re welcome.

My makeovers are so good that guess who asked for one! The Succubus! I told her absolutely not even if she was the last llama on earth! The nerve! Obviously she would want one but to try and actually get one? The utter delusion!

I was so mad at her audacity and jazzed that I got to tell her off, I decided to walk over to the nearby festival in the town square. And I just happened to run into Willie, who of course could never resist a good time. Just what I needed to blow off some steam!

I’m starting to really fall for her. Like, romantically. It’s not that I don’t love Lucy! I do! More than anything! But when I’m with Willie, it’s just so much fun. She’s beautiful and a little feral and I want to run wild with her in the moonlight. I want both! Love is so complicated! Why do we have to choose?

Alaric seems to be having his own troubles. Seems like he and Debra weren’t very careful with their late nights together and had a little gift on the way. I’m not sure Alaric is exactly looking to be a father, though Debra is thrilled and keeps hinting at a wedding.

Sad her dreams are gonna be dashed, I bet you simoleons on it. In happier news, Peanut continues to be the best! Look at that widdle face and those ears! I’ve taught him how to hunt and a few tricks. He has charmed the entire house, but he loves me best because I am the best!

Everything is going so good! I'm amazing and my life is amazing! I don't see why Mom made this sound so hard!

~~~~~~~~~~

This took a little longer than normal thanks to, ya know, the general nightmare happening in the world (what is outside? What are friends? Do they still exist? I miss outside) and some more personal trama-verseries, but hopefully part of crawling out of my depression pit will be getting back to posting this more regularly (worry not! I am riddled with mental illness and I have a great support structure and am fine, just sad). Though I have forgotten, like, everything, so here hoping I took good notes (I did not).

Giulia whyyyyyy did it have to be Willie! She’s still a YA, so when she un-transforms, I can still pollinate her if I end up needing too. I try to avoid the Wolff’s in person for the most part and keep up all the friendships with them via the phone to avoid un-wolfing and Giulia going bananas over Willie is making it hard! But she's bananas for both Lucy and Willie and throws romantic wishes constantly for them more than just about anything else. She is obsessed! And if she is left alone in the vicinity of either, Giulia will be all over them in seconds.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2020, 07:47:24 PM »
And to think I was going to check and make sure you weren't eaten by a grue.

Alaric can be a bad dad after he makes a rainboo. Looks like he's had a date with the body sculptor too, down with the thiccness if you will. I don't know if you can drag pregnant women into it but it's worth a try?

I've been playing a lot of TS4 lately for reasons and it is SO EASY to make polyamory work even without mods (there's no jealousy if you're meeting with a club that encourages romance/woohoo) so I wish for Giulia to get the second best thing...whatever that is. Too bad there's not much room in the house.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »
I have moved the body sculptor so I'm forced to look at it more and it's has been helping me remember to use it more. I got a few moms in before they got pregnant and I do have a few plump kids down the line. I forgot who managed it though.

I quite like chunky Alaric. Made me miss chubby Hetal. I'm going to have Giulia be my one skinny fluke so help me.

It's a legit nightmare in sims 3. The no jealousy does basically nothing with the cursed reputation system.

There was a very brief window when I only had like 4 or 5 sims in the house and I kept getting confused at not having an old man around to send in some minor errand or make sure was off dancing with a lady. Didn't last long before I had moved in some old men while simultaneously urging on their deaths.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Chapter 24
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2020, 03:16:32 PM »
Things are going so good, as can be expected with me involved! Mom made this stuff sound so hard, but I think grandma is right about her, she is just a stick in the mud. Doesn’t know how to dream big. How she conned Dad into marrying her is a mystery to anyone. But she’s boring and I am much more interesting!

I continue to enrich the fashion lives of Moonlight Falls. At this rate, I'm going to put us on the fashion map despite the desperate attempts at my fellow citizens to dress like they did so in the dark.

Lucy and I are as hot and heavy as ever. I’ve been spending lots of nights at her place, it’s a little hard to have alone time when surrounded by nosy old farts at mine. We can spend all the time together we want at her place, really getting to know each other. Deep, emotional, cerebral connections.

All this bliss is making me a little restless, ya know? It’s all a little too perfect. There isn’t a challenge anymore. I only have a few opportunities to complete and the museum pieces for my immortality. Everything is right on track. Just have to think about settling down and having a baby. Which, I’m not ready to do just yet. I'm still young and hot and free!

It feels like I’m still missing out on something...or someone. Someone with gorgeous fur and a rough voice and fascinating stories. And when that someone called me up for a midnight rendezvous at the beach?

I couldn’t say no. I mean, are you kidding?

I love Lucy. So much. But I can’t stop thinking about Willie. And, like, a romantic date on a moonlit beach with one of the sexiest women I’ve ever met? What sort of boring nightmare would turn that down?

We sat on the shore, talking about everything and nothing. We watched the stars and cuddled close against the night air. She suggested we take a walk.

It was then, tipsy from the cheap juice and laughing together, that I kissed her. And it was amazing. I don’t love her the way I love Lucy, but I think I might love her all the same. I don’t regret it at all.

Alaric had a birthday party the next day, which didn’t leave me much time to think about that kiss and what I was going to do about it. I can’t lose Lucy, I love her so much. But I don’t want to give up on Willie. It's so hard being this loved!

The birthday party was packed. There had been a few new teenagers around town and Grandma insisted on inviting them over. She has all kinds of weird plans for the town and babies and I leave her to it. I know my baby duties and the rest is between her and Grim. I’m just glad it gives her something to do with her time that isn’t lecturing me about having the next generation. (Author's note: I have forgotten who is who and I'm too lazy to look up their names so you just get pictures. If someone is curious, I can make the effort to look it up)

and

Alaric is still pretty hot for an old fart. He still isn't into doing the whole kids and serious relationship, despite his former girlfriends attempt. He is sending her a hefty check every month, but that's it.

The icing on the cake was I was called out for a job and guess who it was for!

Well, this time, I think I’ll grant her request! Ha! Being me is the best! It was like it was my birthday instead of Alaric’s!

As I'm sure you already guessed, I can’t stay away from Willie. I’m still seeing Lucy, but Willie is impossible to say no to. She’s wild and fun and she’s braver than I am, which is saying something! I can’t keep my hands off her!

I should be more careful around town, but Willie makes me feel bold. I’ve never met anyone like her before. She’s intoxicating.

It’s not all good though. The Path moves forward no matter what we want.

It came time for Basil to walk the Path. It’s hard dealing with him being gone. He was always around, always happy to hang out with me and smooth things over after I fought with my parents. He’s the one who brought me ice cream in bed and told me stories about aliens. He was my extra, cool Dad.

Mom is taking it the hardest though. She has been a shell of herself, barely eating and spending all day in her pajamas in Basil’s old room.

A few times she’s spent the night sobbing at his grave, hoping he’ll come out, but no luck so far. I’m a little worried about her honestly. It's a weird feeling. While she's the worst, she always seemed so...herself. It's like something has been scooped out of her.

Grandma isn’t much better. I have never seen her like this, this vulnerable. She keeps on a good front, talking about the Path and how it’s an honor for him. But I’ve seen her staring at pictures of him and crying when she thinks we can’t see. And she spends more time in the museum than usual.

I can’t stand being around all that. I just can’t think about all that. It’s too much. Normally, Uncle Basil would be the one that I went to for this stuff. And he’s gone. So I drowned myself in Willie and juice and reckless behavior. Because I’m an adult and I can and it helped with the awful numbness.

I also spent a lot of time with Lucy. Her dad had just died after all and I wanted to be there for her. She was devastated, she and Basil and been very close. Though I had to fight for her attention, I had a surprise rival.

In an effort to get Mom out of her funk, she began spending more with Lucy. The two of them enjoyed talking about Basil and sharing stories. I don’t really know how I feel about that. I mean, it seemed good for them, but it was definitely weird for me.

Alaric found his own way of coping. He found some new admirers to talk about all his feelings and life and stuff. Wonder how long before this one tries to marry him. He probably wrote some new song or poem or something. I shudder to imagine.

The Path always moves forward and before long, it was time for my Adult birthday. I couldn’t believe it! I had accomplished so much and I was still breathtakingly young and hot! I truly am amazing. It's fine if you are a little in awe, it's only to be expected.

I threw an amazing party, obviously and I look so good. I understand if you need to take a moment to take in how hot I am. Bask in my glory all you need.

After one final dance with Lucy, I blew out my candles and welcomed my Adulthood!

Amazing, right? And a few new looks because you have to keep it fresh, ya know? Unless you want to be my Mom and look like a preppy toddler her entire life.

I looked so good, I decided that my sculpture needed to be in my swimsuit. You’re welcome!

~~~~

I actually end up ‘cheating’ Willie and Giulia’s dates a lot and have them go somewhere, pose a few times, get a few screenshots and then DONE because I don’t want to risk her transforming back. It’s very stressful! The most efficient dates in history. Not all of them because I am a softy and Giulia really is gaga for Lucy and Willie and throws wishes to do things with them all the time! And if I leave her alone with Willie or Lucy for any amount of time, she is flirting up a storm with them. Which would be great if not for the whole werewolf thing.

Also, curse whoever at EA decided transformed werewolves can't be given makeovers. Willie's outfits are some of the worst in town and I can do NOTHING.

I was also VERY UPSET when Basil died and I forgot to take a number of screenshots after it happened. MY SWEET BASIL IS GONE AND I AM UNHAPPY ABOUT IT! See also when Alaric eventually dies (it will never happen HE WILL LIVE FOREVER THIS IS AN IMMORTAL DYNASTY!!!!!)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2020, 08:02:55 PM »
Don't worry I had thoughts when I read this but then exited the tab, and that's the point of no return.

Alright first question for science and research: did Alaric keep the weight he had at his birthday? I just shared the "I once had a sim keep weight on after a birthday" story like it was a fact to some stranger. There aren't many people who want to test it out besides either of us.

Aww Basil, especially with a legacy more in the background that Balthazar's. He won't even get to see Lucy's arc end. :( And yet David Pok is still around huh, not solving the mysteries of the purple fairy teenager one bit.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2020, 03:08:55 PM »
Sadly, Alaric didn't keep the weight after his birthday. I had been hoping he might. Honestly, I might keep experimenting with it just to see if I can.

I hate having all the sims in town skinny and I'm on a mission. Not that the Blackburns are even all that chunky. I pity the cowards unable to experience the sheer joy of thick thighs and big bellys. May we all be so blessed.

My poor helpers. I'm still figuring out this whole writing thing (it's hard! Who knew!) And it's a struggle trying to fit everything in and the helpers that tend to suffer. Basil had a pretty rich life and a little bit of drama, but not much actually made it into the story.

Though part of that is I'm still terrible at taking screenshots of things that aren't big events. So a lot of the day to day stuff gets lost. Except for when I'm like, "I need to remember to take more day to day screenshots!" Take way too many of that exact moment and then never again.

But we are muddling through and I figure done is better than perfect so here we are! Granted, it's not done, but the sentiment is there.

anything