Author Topic: The Blackburn Dynasty  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
The Blackburn Dynasty
« on: April 07, 2020, 12:34:13 AM »
After failing so early last time, I decided to hold off until I had my first immortal. Well, today is that day and I've been in self-isolation for like a month, so one gets a lot of simming done. And it's good that I waited. I failed. A lot. Many times. Trip has been very kind about holding my hand while I make ludicrously poor choices and then fail. But I think I'm getting the hang of it and pollinating has become my current pandemic obsession. My other one has been reddit stalking a wizard to read the comments of him arguing with other wizards. If you wanted to know how it's going.

I decided to try a family trait and, again, I can't stress enough that I make terrible choices, it's diva. Because I have a deep, deep weakness for self absorbed narcissists and we're looking at at least 8 of them! Yay! Let's see how much trouble we can get into.

I'm also borrowing a page from Trip in that most of my pollination will be happening off screen, but it's all dynasty legal and made happen by me. Sadly, no babies spontaneously happened.

Spoilers abound!

The Blackburns

Name: Adelaide Blackburn
Lifetime wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
Career: Culinary
Building: Scrumptious Nibbles Cafe
Property: Hallowed Grounds Cemetery
Supermax: Cooking
LTRs: Born to Cook, No Bills Ever, Discount Diner
Best Friends: Marigold Maldano, Archie Fitzgerald, Janae Rodgers, Brennan Crumplebottom, Jeanna Crumplebottom, Adriana Crumplebottom
Opportunities: From One Chef to Another, Hot Dogs, Please, Borrowing Ingredients, Spying on the Cuisine, Fresh Cookies for Sale!, Excellence You Can Taste
Museum pieces: YA (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture), Adult (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture), Elder (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture)
Immortal at:  75 days

Name: Vera Blackburn
Lifetime wish: Renaissance Sim
Career: Sculptor
Building: Flying V's Coffeehouse
Property: Moonlight Falls Historical Society and Museum
Supermax:Sculpting
LTRs: Fireproof homestead, Climatron Control Unit, Body Sculptor
Best Friends: Veruca (moodlet mobile), Fawn Goodfellow, Dayvid Musgrave, Param Singh, Linda Rodgers, Janet Pok
Opportunities: The Boiler Room, Meeting New Sims, Give a Presentation with a Whiteboard, Personal Sculpting, Sculpt a Subject, An Old Ruse
Museum pieces: YA (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture), Adult (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture), Elder (Portrait, Photograph, Sculpture)
Immortal at: 73 days (I think. I forgot to make a note.)

Name: Giulia Blackburn
Lifetime wish: Fashion Phenomenon
Career: Stylist
Building: Hoi Polloi Event Center
Property: The Toadstool
Supermax: Painting
LTRs: Extra Creative, Competitive Eater, The Cloud-inator 9000
Best Friends: Wanda Woodard (moodlet mobile), Wilhelmina Wolff, Marion Singh, Leeann Singh, Lauren MacDuff, Joelle Rodgers
Opportunities: Bestest Friends, Local Artist Gallery, Business of Decor, Painting the City, The Study of Art, A Large Painting
Immortal at: 76 days

Name:
Lifetime wish:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Supermax:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Museum pieces:
Immortal at:

Name:
Lifetime wish:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Supermax:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Museum pieces:
Immortal at:

Name:
Lifetime wish:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Supermax:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Museum pieces:
Immortal at:

Name:
Lifetime wish:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Supermax:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Museum pieces:
Immortal at:

Name:
Lifetime wish:
Career:
Building:
Property:
Supermax:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Opportunities:
Museum pieces:
Immortal at:

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: The Blackburn Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 02:45:02 AM »
Congrats on Adelaide's Immortality, Chubling! Hopefully the rest of the Blackburns manage to make immortality for you as well. Wishing you the best

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 12:16:09 PM »
A whole family of divas?! :o  Good luck (I think you'll need it)!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
You did it! A whole 12.5% anyways. After having some unintentional diva non-immortals in my very long simming life, I'm not scared of what you're doing yet. ;)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 12:28:18 AM »
Meet our hero Founder, Adelaide Blackburn. She is Friendly, a Perfectionist, Diva, Natural Cook with a Good Sense of Humor. I changed up my dynasty plan from last time, but I decided to stick with a chef founder because it felt like it had won and I didn’t like that. So Adelaide is a chef. I went with a poisonous plant naming theme last time, this time I decided to name the Immortals after woman poisoners. Because I like a good theme. Though I’m still bitter I didn’t get to name anyone Glory Lily because I like extra. I got some good ones for the Blackburns though.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She was dead. She was quite sure she was at least. It wasn’t exactly that she remembered dying, or even living really, her memories were nothing but emptiness, but rather, she felt dead. She reached down, stroking the fur of the cat weaving between her legs. It hadn’t been there a moment ago, or her legs for that matter, but she didn’t see much point in worrying about it.

“Adelaide Blackburn.” The voice rang out, felt deep in bones more than felt, a cold hand against her heart.

“That’s me!” A sunny disposition had gotten her far and there wasn’t a reason to start changing now. Besides, what was he going to do? Kill her?

“You Have Died. Your Old Life Is Gone To You But You Have A New Purpose. A Second Chance At Life. If You Complete The Tasks, You Will Live Forever.”

She had always known that she was special and she had absolutely nothing to lose. A bright smile in the dark, “Well, that sounds just lovely. I accept.”

“You Do Not Wish To Know The Price Of Failure?”

“It wouldn’t change my answer and I don’t plan on losing.”

“Take The Cat Then.”

~~~~

And that is how we began this journey. With sweet Barley at my side I was ready to start. There was a book of rules, but I already knew all that! Can’t remember my parents, but I knew every rule to becoming an Immortal. This is going to be wonderful! And it’s so important to record everything. For prosperity and attention. These will be holy texts eventually, I am sure!

There is so much to be done and this town has no idea what’s going to hit it. Amid all the damp Victorian houses, I found a little empty lot. It was enough for now, a place to throw up a few walls once I had the funds. But I had a plan! No hard living for me. I needed help, first off, but eventually, I needed a man. A man with a big, healthy wallet and the ability to give me a baby! I have standards and I’ll have immortality to find love. Now is the time for pragmatism. And maybe pie. But I had things to do first.

Leaving the cat to play with his toys, I headed into town. First things first, I needed a job. Couldn’t do much without money and I had almost none. I did find the cutest little cafe! I might have implied I had a touch more baking skill than I currently have, but, really, that’s such a minor detail. I have tenacity and wit and that is far more valuable! I can learn to cook, one can’t simply learn to be incredible.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Now that I was gainfully employed, I needed to gather my new family. There was so much work that needed to be done, which, even as impressive as I am, I can’t do it alone. Plus, who doesn’t love an audience. Thankfully, this town is full of some amazing sims and I had a plan! I love a good plan you know! Order in the chaos of the world.

It took a little asking around town and I found my first future best friend. Carmella Hai. She has the face of an angel, doesn’t she? Just delightful and fit very nicely into my plans. And unsatisfied to work in the tattoo parlor long term. She wanted more in life and I could give it to her.

“I know it sounds like something out of a novel, but it’s true. I need to achieve immortality and you can help me. And it’s not all sacrifice either!”

“Really? I’m dying for more than this place! For anything more than this. I want a life! What exactly do you need?”

“How do you feel about chainsaws?”

“Intrigued! I am a witch, will that be a problem? You aren’t one of those burning religions are you?”

“Oh goodness no! That’s a bit vulgar! We aren’t anything like that. Just some good healthy time in graveyards and lots of pie mostly. And, you know, the rules.”

I do love pie. Why don’t you call me after my shift and we can talk about the details then? My boss will lose it if I don’t get back to work.”

She was such a delight! And so eager to embrace the Light! I find it best to let them warm up to it naturally on their own. They always found their way there eventually. I can’t remember how I know that, but I do. I must have done this in my other life.

Should I mourn that life? I can’t say I feel much sadness over it. Is that normal, do you think? I can’t really look it up to see what others do about being brought back from the dead with no memory of who you were. It’s not like I can go back, only forward. And this life, I will not be forgotten.

I wasn’t done yet and it was still some time before Carmella would be free. So I went to meet the person that would change everything. I had a plan. A. Plan! It had bullet points and a timeline. This was the most important thing I had ever been tasked to do!

And then I met Violet.

I had always planned on her. Which I know sounds funny, as when did I have time to plan anything! But being in that realm is a bit, you know. Well, maybe you don’t know, but it’s a bit wobbly. There are a lot of things that you just know. That you just understand the same way you know how to pick up a cup. You just do.

And I knew all about the residents of the town. Maybe I was from here? Probably not though. No one has recognized me and I refuse to believe I didn’t leave an impression. Let’s not talk nonsense here! But maybe in the past? Oh! Or the future! Wouldn’t that be fun? I think so! But I’m getting distracted.

I knew Violet was going to be a great addition to my family, to help me achieve my goal. Which included marrying rich and having a baby, I want to remind everyone, and Violet had plenty going for her. It was easy to spot her vivid gold, dejectedly floating down the side of the road.

I had never seen anything more beautiful in my life. Not even my own reflection! Haha. I kid. Mostly.

This was wonderful and very inconvenient. I. Have. A. Plan.

And Violet smelled like sunshine. She has the cutest nose I’ve ever seen in my life and a laugh like an angry duck and I wouldn’t change a thing. I lost track of time, talking with her all night. At some point, Carmella joined us. We laughed and talked all night and before long, they had both agreed to move in with me.

I couldn’t fall in love with Violet. That wasn’t an option. Net yet anyway. Violet couldn’t give me a baby. Or the house I wanted. Needed really! You can’t build an immortal dynasty in a shack! There is a certain...aesthetic needed. Otherwise you might as well move to Twinbrook and live in a swamp!

I can not live in a swamp. Or a shack for much longer. And there are things that are needed before I could taste that hopefully sweet ambrosia. And some of those things needed money. Lots of money. And neither Violet or Carmella had much.

While Violet spent her days painting and learning to garden, I spent my time in the kitchen. I was pretty sure my employers might have noticed that I was more of a...theoretical cook than a practical one. And I needed to master it if I was going to succeed.

Carmella though. She got up to much more fun. I don’t think the residents of this place are ready for her brand of chaos. She went into town to sign up to be a self-employed sculpture and someone caught her eye. And Carmella has never been shy about getting what she wanted.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She also happened to help herself to a make over with Chester’s mirror and dresser. I think she looks amazing! That face is a work of art! And that is one thing Carmella and I are right on the same page about. She wants a son and that works out wonderfully for me. I want a beautiful, talented family. They needed to be competent and smart and if I have to look at them until the end of time I’m not looking at a bunch of potato faced duds. Not in this Dynasty! Could you even imagine? “Oh yes, I’ve completed the impossible tasks and here are my useless spawn with their lumpy heads.” I think not! The Blackburn line will be a good one if I have anything to say about it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And I think Carmella is on the right track for getting me what I want. She seems to have her own goals, but they didn’t seem to interfere with any of mine and I can’t say I minded that she kept her secrets. We are all entitled to a few I think.

~~~~

There we have it! I have to admit, I always planned on Adelaide being gay, but in literally every single other play through I had her get with Carmella. I in fact, figured I could use old screen shots from previous attempts if I forgot to take screenshots (which I did, a lot. I take 8000 slightly different shots of a scene or forget to take it at all). But this time, Adelaide and Violet were both head over heels for each other. Adelaide threw wishes to kiss Violet seconds after meeting her, followed by a ton more wishes to do various romantic interactions every time they talked, so I just gave in. And as soon as Violet moved in, she was throwing them for Adelaide. In general, if I'm not breeding them (the things the sims causes you to write) I try to let them make their own romantic choices, so the vast majority of the non fertile romances are sim chosen. It's just more fun when they pick. Though, I am ruthless about the breeding. Heir 2 already has her baby daddy picked out and has since before she was born. I'm a soft, delicate baby who wants everyone happy. But also full of drama. Of which there is loads.

I hope people like it! I'm resisting the urge to keep playing and to stop and write first. If I get to far ahead, I'll forget what I was doing. But Heir number 2 is a teenager in game and I love her already. And not to toot my own horn, but I made some pretty good babies that I'm going to force everyone to look at and praise me for them. Moonlight Falls is probably my favorite of the towns and it has some of my all time favorite sims. I've also come to hate the culling and can go on a rant about it at a moments notice. It starts DAY 2 in Moonlight Falls. WHY!? Why would you do that EA!?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 09:32:07 AM »
Pop the champagne! For stories and Carmella taking advantage of a single dad like it's nobody's business. I think most mortal children have to contend with awkward siblings anyways, depending on how prolific their dad was.

Does Adelaide have cult aspirations like Vesper did in those days of yore? (like a whole three months ago) No judgment and only praise for being a woman who gets things done. ;)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 09:43:54 AM »
She's got different cult ambitions. She loves being loved and control. So, you know, convince everyone to love you and that your goals sure their goals. Like a normal person. Besides, a house full of divas really felt like it should still be a cult compound. How else do you explain all the dirty old men and massive amounts of children hanging around to the neighbors?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 12:03:09 PM »
Now is the time for pragmatism. And maybe pie.
;D

How else do you explain all the dirty old men and massive amounts of children hanging around to the neighbors?
Good point.  Dynasties are really weird when you think about it...

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 12:36:43 PM »
Love all of this! The story, your founder. And 8 generation of divas? That I want to see.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 11:40:12 PM »
Chapter 2

I feel I should take the time to introduce my little family a bit more. I do tend to get a touch...me focused at times. But can you blame me? I am fabulous. And there is just so much happening, it’s hard to remember the parts that aren’t, well, me. But it’s fine! I’m fixing it! See!

Our time spent in that tiny shack together, was, well, let's say...cozy. Yes, that’s a romantic way of describing it. There isn’t much space in that little place and we are always bumping into each other, but, in it’s own cheap, horrible way it was homey.

As I take my ice cold showers in our cut-rate, terrible showers, I like to tell myself what a fun anecdote to tell years from now, in my beautiful, magnificant house at a fabulous party. I used to live in a shack! How droll! Pour me some more nectar! Haha! What fun that was and not at all depressing!

We can start with Carmella. What a wild, wonderful tempest. No, not a tempest, something more fun. Some flirty little fox maybe? She’s marvelous. Full of magic and secrets and drive. She’s from the little shanty town down the way, where the very poorest sims lived, usually the service sims that kept our little town running. It had been a big break for her to get hired at the tattoo parlor, but it wasn’t really what she wanted. What she wanted, what she was willing to tell me at least, once we had a few juices in us, was a baby. A baby and freedom. Freedom to do something other than toil away and die in obscurity.

And a lot of woohoo.

We all contain multitudes, you know?

She found Chester fun and, honestly, I don’t think she had much time to meet anyone else. She spent most of her time in the studio, blasting electronica and wielding a chainsaw. They worked out rather well at first. Neither wanted much out of the other one besides a good time.

Violet, on the other hand, is a complex woman as well, though in her own way. Always trying to break her cycles and never quite managing to get lucky. Things haven't always gone smoothly for her, which, clearly, she is a young ghost. And after she died, things just got worse. With Violet hiding in her house with her golden trinkets, rarely going into her beloved outdoors anymore. She had wanted to be a scientist, instead she was a low level criminal.

Honestly, it was a little like she was asking for a cult leadernew friend to help her find her way.

It took her some time to settle in, once she arrived. Sometimes we would find her coming in the door, upset and clutching some shiny trinket she couldn’t resist. But over all, she came out of her shell. She quit her job and began a garden. She painted as well, part of our deal. They knew the rules, what I needed to do to achieve my dynasty. My immortality! And she rather enjoyed it, creating art with Carmella all day in the studio. It was a happy time, just the three of us.

It didn’t stay that way for long.

Carmella: I’m pregnant!
Adelaide: Wonderful! Oooo! I can’t wait for some little cheeks to pinch!
Carmella: You’ll have to wait a bit longer for that. I still have to cook him.
Adelaide: Does Chester know?
Carmella: No? Why?
Adelaide: Is...it not Chester’s?
Carmella: Technically, yes.
Adelaide: Technically?
Carmella: Chester’s nice and all, but I’m not looking to like, make a family with him. I’m going to raise the baby on my own. Well, you, me and Violet will raise him on my own.
Violet: Oh how nice of you to have volunteered us for that!
Adelaide: Oh hush! You are just as excited as I am.
Violet: ...true. Just think of the cheeks.
Carmella: Keep thinking about those cheeks and how much you can’t wait to help change him. I’m gonna go sculpt more.
Violet: Is that even a good idea in your condition? The chainsaws and blow torches?
Carmella: Absolutely. My kid is going to grow up very cool, so they might as well start learning now.

While it was just the three of us, soon to be four of us, living out in some tiny hovel, friends and neighbors were always stopping by. I like to think it’s my pie. Plum is my specialty, but I love baking of any kind and always have something out for guests, including the occasional cobbler. It makes for a fun, lively hut home, if crowded.

Chester eventually found out. Carmella wasn’t hiding it, but she didn’t exactly call him. He’s still in love with his dead wife, so honestly, I don’t think he minds too much.

Chester: So, a baby, huh?
Carmella: Unclench old man. I don’t need anything from you. The kid might, but that’s between you two
Chester: Well, I do want to know him. Him? Are you sure?
Carmella: I’ve been eating nothing but apples, so it better be a boy.
Chester: Apples?
Carmella: Don’t worry about it. And you can spend time with the baby if you want. I won't stop you.
Chester: I’m not going to be a deadbeat dad.
Carmella: And I told you that is between you and him. I’ve got all the help I need to raise him, so you are off the hook there.
Chester: Bailey is not gonna be happy about this.
Carmella: Well, that sounds like a you problem, so I’ll let you work that out.

While Carmella and Chester remained an item, their relationship began to cool once the pregnancy happened. Carmella was busy sculpting and building a baby and I think it was the beginning of the end for them. But before long, it was time to meet the little one.

Violet: Baby! Oh! Oh! Carmella! It’s coming.
Carmella: Yes. I’m aware.
Violet: We need to go! To the hospital!
Carmella: Eventually, sure. But I really wanted to finish thi-
Violet: CAR-MELLA! You are having a BABY! We need to go NOW!
Carmella: *sigh* Fine.

And here is Balthazar! I know, I know, it’s a bit...street magician. But maybe that was what Carmella wanted for him? She was a witch and she had some odd tastes, so who knows? The Great Balthazar! Master of Mystery! Though most likely botany, because this house has needs after all.

Odd name aside, he is a little pudgy treasure, isn’t he? Bright pink, which, lucky for him, was his favorite color. He loves the outdoors and has a good sense of humor, which fits right in this household.

And he was very popular. Everyone wanted a snuggle with the little dumpling. I mean, how can you not!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Adelaide: Maybe he can have play dates with that Alice woman. I heard she’s pregnant.
Violet: Alice Fitzgareld? My old co-worker? I thought she was dating Pappy!
Adelaide: She is! I think the old coot proposed and everything. It’s sweet.
Violet: I never thought I would hear anything to do with Alice as sweet. But they are having a baby? Together?
Adelaide: I brought her a pie the other day. She is huge! I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more than one.
Violet: He could be her grandfather!
Adelaide: Well, at least we know she isn’t after his money?
Violet: The things you learn about this town.

~~~~

I was a bit too lazydepressed to work this bit into the story, but Rachel Gandillon and Rufus Clum are both paparazzi and have a long running love affair happening outside my sims house. I’ve lost track of their relationship as the game progressed and I got a bigger house and a fence, but I’ve seen them fight and flirt around town, though I’m not sure I got too many other screen shots. But I was charmed by the little paparazzi romance outside my doors.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2020, 12:11:00 AM »
Any tragic immortal dynasty romances from inevitable death and cheating < homeless sims who can never truly be together and definitely not have babies. And yeah I'm not even (fully) joking m'kay. :( Anyways congrats to Pappy on his boring human children with Alice's nose (Chubling please!) and to Carmella, where I guess it's 50/50 on whether she got a witch or not.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2020, 01:03:23 AM »
They are really cute! And they actually text each other a lot. Or did. It's harder to notice now. But I'll often spy them by the gate looking at their phone and thinking about the other one. I'm not really sure Rachel's relationship to the other Gandillon's, so I'm not sure if this is like...blatant cheating or not.

I love Pappy and Alice's kids and there is absolutely no way I was missing out on that nose! I've restarted my dynasty over that nose! Moonlight Falls has such. Good. Noses.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Chapter 3
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 08:42:39 PM »
Chapter 3

Time went along quickly, all of us at our various tasks. Violet painted and tended the garden, Carmella sculpted, I cooked and worked and we all cared for Balthazar. Much of my time was also taken up getting to know and befriend more of the town. The residents were fascinating, such an interesting bunch.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Violet and I grew even closer. We would spend hours talking about cooking and science and the ways the two were similar. She would help me perfect my recipes, adjusting amounts until it was just right and we would enjoy the results together, eating and laughing until all hours of the night. It was simply just...delicious. A brief, magical time I would remember forever.

One afternoon, we snuck away to the beach, just the two of us. Carmella was glued to her sculpting station and Balthazar was napping and it just seemed the perfect time to make a break. And it was a marvelous day, like a forbidden little treat! We soaked up the sun and splashed in the ocean and had fun.

When the rain came, it was sudden and we bolted inside, wet and laughing. And that was when things went wonderfully wrong. At first it was just us laughing over how wet I had gotten and what it had done to my hair when it was like a..a spark! And that was it! I was lost. It all came spilling out of me. How beautiful she was. How brilliant and talented and spectacular she was.

The moment just swept me up. I’ve always been that way, you know. I try to plan, I love a good plan! You plan everything out and it works and things are wonderful. But sometimes it’s just exciting and dramatic and romantic and right out of some movie! And I just can’t resist a good moment! I’m not made of stone!

Now, you are probably saying, ‘But Adelaide, isn’t this wonderful? You are having a romantic first kiss on the beach with the love of your soon to be immortal life!’

And yes, it does seem to be good on paper. But, it has a minor problem, as you actually have most likely already recalled. I have not just myself to think of, I have my legacy to think of! My dynasty. And while I might love Violet more than anything, the mere scent of her was enough to make my heart race. It wasn’t like a living person’s scent. It was sharp, like ozone, something that electrified the air.

But love will not make me immortal. Love will not get us the house and money we need for the next steps. And Violet can’t give me a baby.

So while I was falling for Violet, I also had...problems. She had my heart, forever and always, but I had already been making plans for my future husband. See, here I go again, skipping things. Maybe a touch on purpose this time, as I suspect you might judge me a little. But I wasn’t planning on falling for Violet! I was going to be strong! It just happened and it isn’t my fault!

But, I had been working on something else at this time. Someone else. That had what I needed out of a dynasty spouse. Greatness can require sacrifice you know! It’s not all sunshine and romance and sparkly things! Sometimes you have to embrace a little darkness before you can get the good parts!

My time socializing in town had paid off. I had meant the perfect man for my needs. He was a bit older, but that was fine by me.

Oh! Don’t you judge! I’m not a monster! But I am not going to lie to you, that would defeat the entire point of these texts after all. So I am not a monster, but I do like to think I’m practical. And at times, we must make hard choices. And I refuse to be shamed for mine!

I know, I know! He’s married with children. But hardly happily! Rainflower and I weren’t a couple yet or anything, but, well, there was something happening between us. Mostly because while I won’t lie to you, I will lie to him. We had been spending time together, getting to know each other. I’m sure this is where I’m supposed to gush about his wonderful positive traits and how much I liked him, even if Violet had my heart.

But look. Rainflower Ivy is a spoiled man child. He’s sweet enough, but really, he’s like a big, soft baby that has to be carefully taken care of and takes no responsibility for himself. And while you are all busy judging me, I will remind you that Rainflower was married while spending all this time with me. He was more than happy to come visit the fair with me and Carmella and spend the day whining about how Annalove wasn’t the same anymore now that they had money.

He had no problem calling me for outings and going on dates with me. No one forced him! I didn’t even use elixirs or one of Carmella’s love charms or anything. Can’t seduce a man from his wife if the man doesn’t show up is what I’m saying.

Rainflower: She’s not the woman I married anymore. She’s changed!
Adelaide: Really?
Rainflower: I fell in love with her because she was such a free spirit. A champion for the environment. I didn’t mind that she was so much younger.
Adelaide: How noble of you! That must have been a challenge for you to get past.
Rainflower: It wasn’t easy. She was so immature. But sweet and she got pregnant so quickly. I wanted to do the right thing.
Adelaide: Clearly!
Rainflower: But now she’s talking about wanting to finance a mining operation!
Adelaide: No!
Rainflower: That’s what I said!

Or that Annalove didn’t want any more children. He just liked to not mention that they had been struggling to even keep the roof over their head, he spent the day outside busking or performing while she was trapped at home alone with two young kids and a shoestring budget. But Rainflower is the victim here.

Or that Annalove just didn’t put any effort into their relationship anymore.

Rainflower: I just can’t talk to her anymore. It’s like there she just doesn’t care. I’m surrounded by my family but I still feel lonely.
Adelaide: That must be so hard for you
Rainflower: It is! I wrote a song about it
Adelaide: Isn’t that fun.
Rainflower: You understand me Adelaide. Not like Annalove.
Adelaide: You are just so deep and wise and interesting.

Honestly, I think I am doing the woman a favor. Or maybe I just want to feel better about it. But really, he was so…[i[irritating[/i]. He married some sweet young groupie, managed to convince the girl that she owes him and is flirting it up with the hot, mysterious baker and complaining about his wife! The audacity!

I suppose the silver lining is that it really does make it easier to do what I needed to do. Well, with Rainflower. It made it much harder to do what I needed to do with Violet. I just wish she could understand it’s not that I don’t love her.

Adelaide: I’m so sorry Violet. I love you, so much, but you know I can-
Violet: Oh shove it Adelaide! I don’t want to hear it! You kissed me!
Adelaide: And I shouldn’t have! Not yet anyways!
Violet: Not yet? Are you kidding me? What? Was your plan to marry Rainflower, have his kid and then, what? Me on the side?
Adelaide: No! Yes? Not exac-
Violet: Adelaide! What is wrong with you! You don’t treat people you care about like this!
Adelaide: You know what I have to accomplish! Please, Violet! I don’t love him!
Violet: Adelaide! That doesn’t make it better! And I know what needs to be done, you don’t need to remind me. I just...I need some time. You hurt me.

After we both mutually decided to take a break, Violet decided to make some changes. Starting with her look. Which, honestly, only made this all harder.

She looked amazing! Look at those legs! And ready to start her new job. As a test subject, but still! I might have been heartbroken, but I was proud for her. She deserves some happiness, even if it couldn’t be with me

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 01:06:44 PM »
Dynasty duties rule but if Adelaide had to choose on looks alone...well there was no Rainflower makeover but he'd never beat short-haired Violet. :P

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 02:09:44 PM »
The only other person in town who could is, at this point had still a teenager and also a woman. Basically, who isn't a step down from short haired Violet?

anything