Author Topic: The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle: Official Reveal Trailer Updated 05/19/20  (Read 9548 times)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
How green is your Plumbob??

EA has officially announced ECO LIVING EP Coming out June 5th.

The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle: Official Reveal Trailer

Read Full Blog Here

New Gameplay Trailer

Gameplay Trailer Blog

EcoStyle LiveStream

Highlights:

New World: Evergreen Harbor

Change the World

In Evergreen Harbor, every action you take and decision you make influences the state of the world around you. The cleaner Evergreen Harbor gets, the more you’ll see nature thriving. You determine whether the skies are smoggy or clear enough to see the aurora borealis glimmering above. Let garbage pile up on the streets of your neighborhood or clean it up to create lush green walking paths in town. It’s up to you!

Upgrade Your Home

New updates in Build/Buy encourage going green, too. For the first time, you can offset your bills with wind turbines, solar panels, and dew collectors. Reduce your eco-footprint and invest in a living rooftop for a splash of bright color. Inside, choose between gorgeous new furniture (sustainably made, of course) or upcycle someone else’s junk into beautiful items!

ts4-ep09-official-screens-03-002-1080-article-1.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Make or Break It

Speaking of reclaiming and repurposing things, why don’t you check out a new job as a maker? As you go around town, keep an eye out for collectibles and materials for your next project. Brave Sims might try dumpster diving for resources like dyes, bits and pieces, and ingredients—as long as they don’t mind the smell. Choose the Freelance Crafter career to fill mail and internet orders for your candles, fizzy juices, upcycled objects, and more! Or try to encourage your neighbors to vote for a community maker space where you can all craft together.

Use Your Voice

Unused community spaces are going to waste—literally, as a dump. Rally your neighbors to decide how to use it. To get that maker space, you’re going to need support. Want a shared planting space with vertical gardens instead? Vote for it! Every week, you can join your new community in voting for a Neighborhood Action Plan. Transform the shared lot, promote the performing arts, suggest a weekly workout, demand an upcycling initiative, or explore the many other options on the board. Just know that you could end up wearing a paper bag on your head if things go sideways….

ts4-ep09-official-screens-02-002-1080-article-2.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

PicMonkey Collage.jpg

Simguru's on Twitter
SimGuruFrost
@SimGuruFrost
·
1h
Love this trailer Smiling face with smiling eyes We'll have a lot more to show such as dumpster diving and more with our developer Livestream coming later in the month!

eco1.JPG

Ladders to come with base game update:

eco2.JPG

EYZfxBAXkAE4YCc.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle: Official Reveal Trailer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 12:15:54 PM »
It just feels like they have included features that complete other packs. Ladders for tiny living and solar panels etc for island living. Right now I would be more than happy to wait until it goes on sale before buying or at the very least see what other people have to say first.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:37:28 PM »
Yes, I agree, there are few things that should have been in other packs, but I am liking what I see. I have preordered it because I need to make calls on the IDC when it comes out.

I love the idea of solar panels on the roof.  The Bug Houses will be great for kids if it is possible for them to use them. But as I told scoed, as more gameplay trailers come out, we know more about it.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 01:37:26 PM »
The town in it's original state reminds me of my industrial little northern England home town and I am excited to recreate my home. I don't think that was what the game developers were hoping for though lol.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 02:47:25 PM »
For an expansion pack it needs to have, should have, more depth than what we got in the trailer.  The blurb offers more than the trailer and there is always stuff that doesn't get mentioned until the pack releases.  So, fingers crossed there are some nice surprises.

I will get it, of course - preorder, because that is what I do - buy everything they release.  Although I probably won't schedule a day of vacation to play. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 02:55:23 PM »
My husband has pre ordered it for me it as a present saying and I quote. You've been playing it more just lately.

dwahhh

Rachel

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 02:57:01 PM »
aww, that is sweet
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 07:08:43 PM »
@sdhoey    Thanks so much for this thread!
I'm very excited about this new expansion!  It looks like it might offer a lot of new Build mode objects, which I love.
And I love packs with a story mode. Yes, we already got an environmental clean-up story in IL, but this process will be longer, more detailed, and more pervasive.

On the other hand, I'm concerned that our new "neighborhood" will be one small zone with 5-6 lots in it. :(
I haven't preordered yet, but I might not be able to wait until the pack goes on sale. Depends on future trailers and reviews, I guess.
Love the hippie-esque clothing, too.

(I'm a tad disappointed that the pack doesn't seem to be set in Wales....)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 02:14:53 PM »
One thing that really pleases me is that apparently you can place the community lot in any world, the one where your Sims vote on what it will be. So it's not just about cleaning things up but about building a community. I just hope that getting other Sims to vote for what your Sim wants isn't too tedious.

I like what I've seen of the clothing for children and the new hairstyles. Candle-making and fizzy drinks were not on my list of crafts that I wanted to see, but I don't mind.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 06:47:12 PM »
OK my first thoughts on the trailer were very, very negative. I hated the concept. It seems to based on content already in game. Your actions having an impact cleaning the world, well it was a major selling point of island living. World turning more dystopian? See Strangerville. Eco themes? See the free off the grid lot trait patch, Island Living and Tiny Living. We have heavy environmentalism already. The pack seems very been there done that. Also given in the last year we had two eco living type themed packs and now a third, things are getting to feel a bit political and preachy. I wasn't a bit happy about the pack.

Well more I here the less annoyed I am. I am still trying hard to find a reason to buy it. The main gameplay theme is eco living and that theme is already done and it looks like it is just stuff recycled from Island Living, Strangerville, City Living and Get to Work. The clothes in my opinion are ugly hippy were I don't want in my game. Build/Buy has some things I want but $40 worth?

Then we have the crafts. None of them seems to add much. Candle Making? At beast it is a mood altering skill filling the exact role as Flower arranging. Upcycling? We have wood working already in game filling the same role likely that has real utility beyond making stuff for the home. Upcoming knitting skill will feel any role upcycling will likely have that handiness doesn't. Fizzy Drinks? Now we have 3 food skills already and bartending. I doubt this will add important new gameplay.

Ladders are coming as a patch so no pack needed.

So we are left with a changeable public lot. Is a lot we get to vote on and an ugly new town worth $40? That looks like it is it for new stuff. OK There will be at least one new trait, new harvestables, dumpster diving, a new aspiration (likely a play through type), and maybe a new death by flies. Honestly I don't see the value.

But sadly I will likely buy it if the death by flies is a thing. And bug farming is a thing that strangely appeals to me. But the ugly CAS crap that every spawned sim will be wearing as the AI always picks the worse clothes possible.

P.S I was going to post new info as it was posted in the official forums, twitter, the website news page and other official sources but I am just not feeling it and buried in the replies no one would read it anyway. I just can't get excited over rehashed content that feel like what we already have. That is why I deleted my earlier moved thread. It was repetitive, and I just don't see me doing what I normally do. Based on past experiences no one will noticed buried in the replies and I have zero excitement for this pack. I just don't see the point. I am not 100% sure I am even buying this dumpster diving pack of recycled and reused content. Honestly I was more sold before the trailer when I first seen the leak.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »
Carl posted an excellent video on Eco Lifestyle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXNK5CMWLY

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 11:34:08 AM »
Ehhhh... I'm a fairly hippy-dippy eco-conscious type and I kinda hate this. People on reddit are calling the pack "Get Gentrified" and I agree, it seems very tone deaf.
Having My First Pet vibes with all the content that could have been included with other packs. And does anyone really want more very specialized and enormous crafting stations?
At least the ladders will be a free update.

I do like the grungy world though, it would make for some interesting apocalypse gameplay. And the freelance crafter career.
Would never ever pay full price for this, and I'll wait for reviews before dropping Animal Crossing and coming back to Sims lol

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 08:37:45 PM »
Some new information:

Pollution will appear in all worlds except the destination worlds and Strangerville. But there will be a toggle so you don't have to have that if you don't want it.

You can get details in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/975294/eco-lifestyle-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p3
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 08:06:11 PM »
I bought the pack today. As I read I seen things that shown that the devs did listen to my (and many other people's) major complaints of the last two EP. First, unlike the last two packs this pack effects play nearly everywhere. I think that should be a requirement to be an EP. The last two EP were self-contained and I was vocal about that. Also, people been begging for the ability to switch invasive features off. They did that here as well. I think for listening and doing the pack right that deserves some love. I was going to post about it when I first read about it but I was not able to post write away then @MarianT beat me to it.

I am still not really sold on the recycled content. I don't like it when games get preachy as the Sims have become still. But I love this game overall. I honestly want to want this pack. Them showing they might have heard my grips and that of others was enough to get me to buy. I am already regretting it. Now let us hope EA hears the complaints about this recycled idea of a pack. But if they have to reuse ideas already in-game at least they are doing it right. That is something.