Author Topic: Skipping a Field Trip  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Skipping a Field Trip
« on: October 03, 2020, 01:46:02 PM »
Hey guys,

Do you ever run into the problem with teenagers skipping a field trip or being unable to attend one? I just had four teens going to the hospital on such a trip, but the last one to arrive was stopped by her mother coming out of the building to scold her. Her mother is working at the hospital and left to go and do this. It kinda felt like the mom stopped the daughter from entering with the others which seems like a very unfair thing to do. I sent the mom back to work, but I was unable to make the girl attend the field strip and just had to return to the school building. But the damage has been done :-\

Any thoughts on this?
~Nindigo
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Skipping a Field Trip
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 02:38:56 PM »
I usually don't accept field trips, free vacation and the like as they're known to be buggy.

The link below isn't quite related to field trips, but it does explain a little about them.

Sim can’t go to after school activities
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/bug-sim-cant-go-to-after-school-activities.html

A suggestion to try is to use Nraas Master Controller to Reset Everything.

Selected Sim > Nraas > City Hall > MasterController > Town > Reset Everything
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 03:41:08 PM »
Thank you, MrsFlynn. I have decided to not accept the field trips anymore. Already skip the free vacations, as I just don't play that in-depth with teens :)

My game crashed, so I got to do some things before the field trip happened again. I tried evicting the family and then move them back, as well as resetting the whole town. The same still happened. *shrugs*

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »
Wow! I've never had a field trip go that awry, but I have had sims get stuck trying to get on the bus and it lagging out on occasion. But usually all I have to do is reset the sims involved and it fixes it. I also run NRaas Overwatch, which automatically tries to fix routing issues to an extent, so that might be why.

Also, the field trip rewards are all in buydebug, so if you want to skip the buggy trips but get the items for your sims to display like they did go, you can always gift them to them that way after you get the popup telling them what trip they'd be going on.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 01:05:51 AM »
Hi Cheezey and thanks for your input :)

I use Overwatch as well. But I have learned that version 1.69 of The Sims 3 is so much buggier and more unstable than version 1.67.

I have made a full transfer backwards now, so to speak, so hopefully things will no longer become as bad.

The rewards for the field trips are not really a big concern, but thanks for the buydebug tip anyway!