Author Topic: Showtime slowdown  (Read 1399 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Showtime slowdown
« on: October 29, 2020, 11:10:47 AM »
Hi again,

In playing a magician or an acrobat Sim, my game seriously hesitates and slows down, especially as I advance in the career paths.  I've tried deleting files in the DCbackup folder (except for ccmerged file for custom content).  I've also tried deleting the compositorCache and simCompositorCache package files, as well as delete things from my Sims' personal inventory.  I was able to delete excess Boxes of Mystery and Boxes of Danger that would just "appear" in the personal inventory (thanks, Mrs Flynn). There are still slowdown problems, as well as lengthy load times.  Are there other files that I may be able to delete to speed things up?  Is it just a technical issue with the Showtime expansion?  Please advise.  Thanks in advance!

Skip

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Showtime slowdown
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 12:44:56 PM »
This is gonna sound like a weird one but go to every venue and look to see if excess proprietors are being spawned at any. I've heard of it happening but with no indication as to what the fix was. Maybe removing that lot with Edit Town? (if this is for a dynasty then consider it permission from the higher ups)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 04:15:33 PM »
Trip is right. Every time I play in Starlight Shores the proprietors multiply....dozens in some of the venues and they go into Simfest mode 24/7 making them unusable and slowing everything to a crawl. I've also noticed that no new sims move into town and sometimes there's not even a grim reaper. I've deleted and replaced venues in edit town and that does provide temporary relief. I just don't play there anymore.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 10:14:50 AM »
Thanks to both of you for the advice!

anything