Author Topic: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.  (Read 34965 times)

Leto85

Re: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2011, 07:28:26 PM »
Yes, it is a special item that acts like a Collection Helper. It's called the Spirit Positioning Device.

Than it's my number 2 on the list of 'Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.' On number one still remains the fridge.
Hmm, I still succeeded in getting this subject back on topic after all. ;)

Sportsfan

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »
Even though the law enforcement career and private investigator profession doesn't have a level 10 reward, I do like the cars that you get from them at about level 5.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2011, 11:20:16 AM »
The Sims 2 had a really cool career reward (at least I thought it was cool lol) that I wish they'd bring back:  Resurrect-O-Nomitron.  I would intentionally kill sims with the intent of bidding cheaply to bring them back as a zombie.  :P  Ghosts just aren't the same.

I agree. Bring back zombies! And also I miss the cow plant soooo much! It would be so appropriate for celeb Sims to have.

Anyway... ::)
I have a question. This:

I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career...

Can anyone confirm that? That is not how it worked for me the one time I played a Ghost Buster. Even though my Sim kept that spirit locator gizmo after quitting the job it was in fact useless because the Sim could no longer search for the ghosts. :P
Same thing when you travel which I was really annoyed about. You can see the location of the spirits in Map View but you can do nothing about it.

Was that one Ghost Buster of mine bugged or what?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
I've never actually had a Ghost Hunter quit after reaching level 10, but I think I can confirm that this doesn't work.  You can give this device to other sims and they can use it to see the ghosts in town view, but they can't go and collect them since they're not Ghost Hunters.  It's highly likely that if your sim quits the career, they won't be able to collect them either.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2011, 06:01:20 AM »
Well, bummer.

I like the careers that gives your sims a nice reward that they can keep after quitting their job. Then you can go through several jobs collecting goodies.

Leto85

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »
Well, bummer.

I like the careers that gives your sims a nice reward that they can keep after quitting their job. Then you can go through several jobs collecting goodies.

Well, you always still have the culinary career, science and medical career. The first give you the fridge, the second two new options for your sim which they still can use after quiting their career.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:41 AM »
The fridge is nice. And I can keep doing science experiments on things?
Well, I like that. ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »
Well, bummer.

But, it totally makes sense that you can't actually collect the spirits if you quit the career because there's the whole profession job and income component tied to spirits. It would be like quitting the Rock Star career but still being able to perform concerts.

Leto85

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
But, it totally makes sense that you can't actually collect the spirits if you quit the career because there's the whole profession job and income component tied to spirits. It would be like quitting the Rock Star career but still being able to perform concerts.

If this was possible, than collecting spirits could be considered as a hidden trait, unlocked by reaching certain levels in certain careers, and capable of breeding through new generations. As this is not the case, it is logically collecting spirits will be over when the job has been quit. Although I find it pity, I can say.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2011, 11:06:51 AM »
The only real benefit would likely be that if you, in a later generation, decided to play another ghost hunter, it's probable that they could use it at level 1.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 02:34:58 PM »
The only real benefit would likely be that if you, in a later generation, decided to play another ghost hunter, it's probable that they could use it at level 1.  ;)

Smart thinking, Hosfac. ;)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline sawadaWiz

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't look at me
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2013, 01:53:40 AM »

Level 10 Acting career's reward is cool, giving you a free place to sleep wherever you want. You can change clothes, do crazy things (I forget what they name it in game), and woohoo (never do this actually but someone said you can do it). My sim travelled at China in limo and slept at the trailer.

Offline smaurine82

• Townie
    • Jensen Legacy
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2013, 01:21:08 PM »
I got my minus kelvin fridge during generation 2 of my legacy challenge, and my gen 3 heir had the culinary librarian LTW, so she spent all her time making perfect meals. Fast forward to gen 7, and we still have enough meals to last us until gen 9 stored in the fridge. So yeah, that's gotta be my favourite reward so far. Still haven't actually done the stylist career yet though, so perhaps I should withhold my judgement.

Thanks for this awesome idea!