Author Topic: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.  (Read 34996 times)

Offline Huge

• Townie
Re: Best jobs for the level 10 rewards.
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 03:43:29 AM »
I can see that I'm going to have to be careful about my word choice even when not wanting to express myself fully. Sorry.

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35:36 AM »
Also, there are already 2 electric guitars in the game that you don't have to buy from the store; One came with High-End Loft Stuff, and the other came with Late Night (it's a special reward).
I thought I'd respond to this again, as my rule breaking hijacked the thread. The High End Loft pack costs money, so that's not a free item

You mention LN, but I've not seen any other info on an E-guitar being in there. Is it the reward for completing 1 Sim Band or something?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:22 AM »
You mention LN, but I've not seen any other info on an E-guitar being in there. Is it the reward for completing 1 Sim Band or something?

The guitar from Late Night is one that your sim can get for free from time to time when he is celebrity 5. It's one of the benefits that came with free cars and hot tubs.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:59 AM »
The High End Loft pack costs money, so that's not a free item

I never said it was free, I just said you didn't have to buy it from the store. Honestly, I think the HELS SP is a must have for anyone who likes building and decorating as much as I do, and it is much more "worth the money" than buying a guitar from the store.

purplepanther101

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 12:46:14 PM »
I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career and gone on to something else (like culinary, with the second-best reward in my opinion :) )

Offline Huge

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 01:23:06 PM »
I never said it was free, I just said you didn't have to buy it from the store.
Well buy it from the EA store, buy it from any store, same thing. Anyway, it IS in the game in LN. Shame they made it so random :(

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2011, 01:23:37 PM »
I discovered that the superfridge kept prepared food from spoiling during the early glitch where food spoiled almost instantly when put away after the first batch went bad.  Since that was fixed, that fridge is now king.  If refrigerators were of a religious bent, that fridge would be their deity.  It's always a "must have" item.

Unfortunately, I've only played a scientist a few times, so I don't fully understand what all the "perform experiment" option is capable of.  But what I've seen is kinda cool.

Another reward I like (and I'm not even really sure it's a reward) is for the Rock branch of the Music career:  You only have to go to work when you want to.  That's a great freedom to have.

And the secret agent branch of the law enforcement career does have a reward:  you can periodically raid the criminal career building and earn some money.  It's not all that great though.

The Sims 2 had a really cool career reward (at least I thought it was cool lol) that I wish they'd bring back:  Resurrect-O-Nomitron.  I would intentionally kill sims with the intent of bidding cheaply to bring them back as a zombie.  :P  Ghosts just aren't the same.

2) does anyone think it is worth pursuing a firefighting career to get 100% handiness upgrades completion?

My question is:  why would it be necessary to do this in the first place?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
My question is:  why would it be necessary to do this in the first place?

That's what I am wondering myself also. My sim got to level 10 handyness with all the extra stuff faster than he needs to reach level 10 in the fire fighter career.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2011, 10:49:54 AM »
The handiness upgrade challenge (which is what I'm assuming the original poster is referring to) only requires you to apply 10 unique upgrades to items.  This can be easily done without becoming a firefighter, and without spending a huge amount of money on things to upgrade.  In fact, cheaper items typically have more possibilities for upgrades as the more expensive appliances already include them as features.  Completing 100% of the upgrades would offer no further benefit.

So in answer to the original question:  no, I don't think it's worth becoming a firefighter to complete 100% of the available upgrades.

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »
I'm quite fond of the level 10 reward in the Ghost Buster Career. It's a device that actis like the collection helper, only for stray ghosts around town. I'm really into collecting stuff, so this is really neat, as you can keep collecting ghosts outside of specific opportunities, and even after you've quit the career and gone on to something else (like culinary, with the second-best reward in my opinion :) )

Hey, I think I didn't knew this. How does this reward look like? It is something that goes in your inventory or so? I'm very curious because I think Max Skills sim needs this to be even more developed.
If it's an object your sim can use, will it be seen in an animation specific for using that object? I mean, like the 'beamer' like dimension-twisting-gun from becoming level 10 in the science career.

If you can see it, I see possibilities in upcoming videos. Oh yeah! :)

Offline LucreziaBorgia

• Nooboo
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2011, 01:55:02 PM »
Well buy it from the EA store, buy it from any store, same thing. Anyway, it IS in the game in LN. Shame they made it so random :(

I'm not sure that the guitar you are talking about is the same I'm thinking about, but are you aware that the things given to celebrities you can buy in the debug section and this includes this specific tv set, a car and a guitar ?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
I'm not sure that the guitar you are talking about is the same I'm thinking about, but are you aware that the things given to celebrities you can buy in the debug section and this includes this specific tv set, a car and a guitar ?

If I had to venture a guess, I'd have to say that most of the people here know that, if for no other reason than the BuyDebug cheat is pretty much universally banned during tournament events and the various challenges.  A lot of the time, conversations around here revolve around getting things without the use of cheats for this very reason...although I can't really say for sure that this was the intent for this particular thread.  ;)

But, while I did know that there was a car and a guitar that you could get from celebrity status, I didn't know that there was a T.V. too!  That's kind of neat to know, and I'm gonna have to be on the lookout for it in my Dynasty.  

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Edit:  Almost immediately after I posted this, I got that television in my dynasty.  And it's a monster!  It almost makes it worth being a 5-star celebrity.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 11:00:33 PM »
Celebrity objects is getting off topic here.  The topic is objects received from level 10 careers.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »

Is it an item you are talking about or a function you sim will get, just like sneaking after becoming a thief?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 04:21:57 PM »
Is it an item you are talking about or a function you sim will get, just like sneaking after becoming a thief?

Yes, it is a special item that acts like a Collection Helper. It's called the Spirit Positioning Device.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

anything