Author Topic: De D'Onlyn Dynasty *Completed*  (Read 223523 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Re: De D'Onlyn Dynasty
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Love the story! It is cute and entertaining! Can't wait to see the next update. :)

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 06:11:14 PM »
Congrats on the nooboo! I definitely understand the scandal/boredom thing! I've added some in my Dynasty too just for me :P
So you're still good in my book Romeo :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:39:38 PM »
I loved the part where Romeo was dancing on the counter I had the song stayin alive in my head when I saw that. It's a great read I will be looking forward to the next post.
Attraversiamo

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 12:50:06 AM »
YAY, nooboos for everybody! Can't wait to see toddlers Draigoth and Jeanna.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 03:12:24 PM »
Author's Notes: kattiq &lilygirl thank you  ;D  Isys you'll know later why that is the PERFECT song for him.  Now it's all I can think of him dancing to.

I've noticed lots of people use the moodlet manager, I don't care for it, so just so you know, my Sims go without, they are truly deprived  :P

I am naming my characters for this dynasty after my characters in an online game, so if you ever wonder about the spellings, that's why they're weird.

About noo boos, at this point in playing I'd read about three other dynasty stories, and had heard the term noo boo applied to simmie babies MANY times, but never really GOT it.  I hadn't asked because I figured it would come to me.  And as I was zooming in to get shots of babe and parents I heard them talking to it "Asha na ba noo boo"  I laughed for an hour straight until tears were coming.  I couldn't believe I missed something soo obvious for so long.

And now on with the show.

ME: It's that special time in every noo boos life when we finally get to see what they're gonna look like.
ME: No! Draigoth look at the camera!

ME: Now this is more like it!  Draigoth's favorite color is violet, and it took me awhile to find it on the color wheel, let alone an acceptable way to use it, so I started with blue and purple. What a cutie pie he is, but I was really hoping he'd get Sashyna and Bronson's freckles, no such luck.

Sashyna: Elspeth sure knows how to steal my thunder at a party, how am I going to top going into labor on the dance floor?!
ME: Please don't try, I'm sure something would explode.
Sashyna: Explosions, yeah, people love explosions right?
ME: NO Sashyna, just no!

ME:  Romeo is worried about the safety and the very life of his children, Elspeth has disappeared, is never home, and the babies Jeanna and her new little baby sister Karina are always home alone!  Sometimes their grandfather is there, but he hates children, he can't be a good influence!

Draigoth: Peek-a-Noo-boo
ME: That, that right there is cute!

ME: Bronson ages up at a small family gathering, actually, it's just him and Romeo, but at least there's cake!

ME: Ack, that's not how you eat a hot dog Bronson, and now you're Bronson bowl-hand!
Sashyna: Lesson learned, I will not put wasted baby food in the fridge, I will let you throw it away.
ME: Darn tootin' lady!

ME: Draigoth has a fairly normal life, learning new skills, and posing for art with his family.

ME: Bronson, what do you think you're doing, this is not how you potty train a child!
Bronson: I met a Man on the street, and he told me it would work, and see how well he's doing!

Author's note: If you think my capitalization of Man above is a typo, then you don't get it -> follow this link to feel enlightened http://www.carls-sims-3-forum.com/index.php/topic,2155.130.html  I though it was hilarious when I caught Bronson doing this.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
It has been said that children learn best by example! And yes, Sims call their babies nooboos.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Isys

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 07:17:36 PM »
LOL oh Man! Great update can't wait to read on.
Attraversiamo

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 10:44:49 AM »
Author's Notes: Thank you for your comments, I'm glad you enjoy reading, as I've certainly begun enjoying putting these together.

Sashyna: Truly, life is suffering!
Sashyna: Ha, and parties and stuff, wait, no one saw me break pose right?

Bronson (internal monologue): Boy do I love having another lady in the house, and Elspeth sure is nice!
ME: Hey there Bronson, save the showing off for the lady you married.  I'm just glad I found Elspeth stuck in Aquarius, we were worried.

ME: And a toddler who wouldn't look at the camera, becomes a boy who won't look at the camera!  Don't worry, that bowl isn't attached to Bronson's hand, he's learned his lesson!

ME: You can see the family approves of both the cake, and Bronson's recovered eating skills.

ME: A still mainly blue and purple fashion show (though his mother obviously chose his workout sweats for him), but the purple inside his everyday sweater is starting to get close to his favorite color.

Draigoth: ME, I find the sunset very inspiring to my art, thanks for setting up my easel outside.
ME: Are you talking to ME?
Draigoth: Of course.
ME: Oh, you're welcome, then.

Sashyna: Oh ME, I'm such a lucky lady, to have such a man in my life.
ME: So things are going well for you two then.
Sashyna: Yes, we still want to spend time together all the time, not a day goes by that he doesn't fulfill my wants and desires.
Bronson: And you for me, obviously.
*Romeo is in the background feverishly working, Elspeth has disappeared again, and this time she isn't at Aquarius.*

ME: Sashyna, you are delightful, what are you thinking of?
Sashyna:  I just realized, I'm totally awesome, it's so cool!
ME: *Laughs* Yes, yes it is.

Next Time Sashyna becomes an elder, and the race to ambrosia begins in earnest, will Elspeth ever learn that elevators are not our friends?!  (Seriously, trying to find her was how I discovered which elevators break most, it was hilarious!)
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
Maybe Elspeth has a thing for the shiny door that takes her places!

Good luck on getting to your first Ambrosia dinner.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 03:06:44 AM »
Author's Notes: Lilygirl - man did she ever!  Thank goodness she never had a time machine or she'd have disappeared for ever, surely!

Sorry for the slight delay, people repairing ones roof does not make a pleasant work environment, as you can well imagine.

ME: No big party for your Elder birthday Sashyna?
Sashyna: No, some moments are meant to be shared with family.

Sashyna: But hey, getting older is still pretty awesome.

ME: Sashyna you're a five star chef, why are you eating store bought cake.
Sashyna: It's my birthday, I'm not cooking!
ME: But seriously, why can't you make your own cakes?
Sashyna: Don't look at me, the closest I get is baked Alaska.

Bronson: My love, my eternal flower, you will be lovely forever!
Sashyna: *Sigh* I'm so happy.

ME: But your wardrobe was not lovely, but I can fix that with a Fashion Show!  Sashyna reminds us, you're only as old as you'll allow other to admit to in conversation.

Sashyna (internal monologue): Romeo is getting old, he's already over 100, I wonder what he thinks of at this age.
Romeo (dream sequence) Grim arrives, and Romeo rushes to greet him, but without moving, grim gets farther away, Romeo begins to wonder if he'll ever find Grim.

Sashyna: Yay, my lifetime want is achieved, I know ambrosia, and every other recipe!
ME: *Confetti*

Karina: Hello, you must be my daddy, because I sure have you're hair!
Romeo: Hi, sorry about that, have you seen your mother?  I came by to check if she came home.
Karina:  No, she's been gone awhile now.
Romeo: Well, I and my family will always be there when you or your sister Jeanna need us.

Sashyna (internal monologue): Our love is my life's flame fruit, full of warmth and joy.
ME: That's sweet, but sappy, also like a flame fruit!
Sashyna: Stay outta my brain!

Sashyna: Oh, look, I made sea bugs for dinner.
ME: Those are not any arthropods, those are the bugs of supermaxed cooking! (I don't like lobster)

Author's Notes: At this point all Sashyna needs is 2 more black ops and she's ambrosia worthy.

Next time: A peek at where Bronson's Museum Pieces have ended up.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 03:27:58 AM »
Great update.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
Happy birthday Sashyna! She's getting so close to Ambrosia.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 01:49:24 PM »
Author's Note: ratchie & lilygirl truly you are both writing cheerleaders par excellence, and I thank you both for your comments :)

Sashyna: And with this fish, I have all the ingredients I need to make the perfect meal.
ME: And with this photo, I have learned I will need to buy this graveyard to install lights.

ME: Draigoth, how the time flies, already becoming a teen.  Who looks at the camera no less!
Draigoth: Well, I had heard it mentioned that it was becoming an issue.
ME: Well look who's Mr.Serious Face!

Sashyna: Yes, Grim made it, now it's really an epic birthday party!
ME: Yeah who knew such an evil grump could be so popular?

ME: Diedre, Romeo, what is the meaning of this?!?
Romeo: Well, Emily still can't be found, and I need love in my life.
ME: If she comes back, you certainly won't have love with her anymore!  This is a scandal!
Romeo: I'm 108, there's a good chance I'll be gone by the time she's found again.  And this town loves a scandal, anyway.
ME: No, they love reading scandal stories, they hate the people involved in them!

ME: Alright Draigoth!  Finally getting a handle on that shade of purple, and offset with black, I even kinda like it, you go guy!

*Romeo leaves the Littler estate in a jaunty mood, anyone wonder why?*

Draigoth: Except for the haircut and color, Karina is really pretty cute!
ME: Yeah, a little thin, but she's WAY cuter than her older sister, for sure.  What are you watching?
Karina: Thank you for the compliment, but who are you talking to Draigoth?

Draigoth: Oh, sometimes we artist types speak to ourselves strangely, don't worry about it cutie.
Draigoth: This lovely documentary on artistic weddings is what we're watching ME, it's what I picked myself!
ME: Aww, how sweet, and possibly full of foreshadowing.
Karina: Wow, you arists are sure an interesting bunch!

ME: It's the achievement of a lifetime, the last black op is completed, enjoy the ambrosia!
Sashyna: Where am I?
ME: The first room of the immortal maze museum.
Sashyna: Well it's a start.

ME: So how does it make you feel?
Sashyna: *Confetti*

Author's Notes: Sashyna's Stats
SuperMax: Cooking
Other Max: Charisma, Drums
LTW: Culinary Librarian
Best Friends: Wayne Bumble, Bronson Littler, Odine Perry, Scot Hargrove, Devin Ashton, Elspeth Cook
Black Ops: On-the-Clock-Date, Memorable Meals...Great, Catfish for the Chef, A Lot of Bad Apples, Best of the Best, Divine Meal
Bought: Bridgeport Acres (property), Diner (building)
Unique Rewards: Speedy Cleaner, Food Replicator (unused), Map to the Stars
Earned during game week 8, not entirely sure of her age when eaten but I was starting to feel Grim breathing down my neck towards the end, sorry.

Next time: Birthdays, Romance, and Passing.  Sunrise, sunset, swiftly flow the days.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
Congratulations on immortality Shashyna.

I hope Karina can join the family as my youngest daughter is called Karina.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Author's Notes: Well, I'm glad that's what you were hoping for Rachel, cause that's what's happening!  ;)

ME: It's that time in your life when everyone throws up their arms and welcomes you to elderhood.
Bronson: And except for the clothes, and the fact I want my styling dark tips back, being elder rocks!

Draigoth: What's cute and smart and unmistakably charming?
Karina: What?
Draigoth: Why you of course!
Karina: *Blushes*

ME: Draigoth becomes a proud young adult
Sashyna: I'm not so proud of his choice of a banana hammock for swim shorts!

Draigoth: Thank you mom!  No present could be cooler than my own new car!
Sashyna:  We have the money, and your art is going better than any of us hoped, you're really earned it!  Happy Birthday!

ME: What a dashing young man!  And so much more modest now.

ME: Since Karina moved in, you guys have been hot and heavy, when are you getting married?
Draigoth:  I guess we'll get around to it, you know, when the time is right, or something.

ME: While at the Littler residence, Romeo gets an unexpected visitor, Grim caught up with him at 117, Romeo might as well have been Jack Lalanne.  Romeo passed away surrounded by loved ones, and we thank him for his service, and reward him with his rest.

ME: Everyone in the De D'Onlyn family deals with mourning in their own ways, Bronson and Draigoth bury themselves in their work, while Sashyna has taken to drowning her troubles.
Sashyna: *Hic* What troubles *Hic*

Bronson: Oh hi DAD, you sure are holding up well, try and keep the family company after I'm gone.
Nelson(Vampire obviously): Of course my child, I am only glad I hated children so we didn't get along well enough for me to turn you.
Bronson: Me too, I wouldn't trade my life for twice as long without my wife and son.
ME: Why do so many Bridgeport Sims hate children, is it in the water or something?

ME: The family that plays together, stays together.

Author's Notes: I can't believe I skipped over getting Bronson's Elder AND Karina's Adult fashion shows, bad ME, bad!
Next time: Bronson learns a new skill, and grim visits the house again.
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty

anything