Author Topic: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)  (Read 122776 times)

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Sim - Max Skills (the perfect butler)
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
Here's a list I found the other day.  It seems pretty complete http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sculpting
Insert witty comment here

Leto85

« Reply #151 on: June 22, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »
Here's a list I found the other day.  It seems pretty complete http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Sculpting

You... are... my... hero, for giving me that link!
But I'm afraid it will be incredibly boring to let sim sculpt all day while hoping to get just that sculpture I was hoping for. And than another, and another, and another. If any of you know a fast way to do this than please share and perhaps you will be such a hero like Seriphina. Beautifull name by the way. I should name my next cat after you. I asume you're a girl. :)
But about the sculptures, hmmm, ... well, I've already started this over the top sim, so perhaps I should finish it of course. I've promised you guys updates though.

@Schipperke: No, it will not be the Maxine Skills you've been asking for. Maybe later, not at this moment. But what I will made will be hidden for now. I will not tell. Not even Schipperke (eventhough that hurt will me of course :().

Actually... I can't do a thing at all with the sims at this moment as I've completely have screwed up my pc today (boot thingy of Windows 7 got deleted) so I have to fix that tomorrow first before I even can pass the 'Can't-find-OS-like-screen.'
So until than folks, until than.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #152 on: June 22, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
Well, my summer holidays are near and I was already planning to make a sim similar to this (in fact I just discovered this intriguing download a few minutes ago) so maybe "Max Skills" might just end up with a female counterpart after all... ;) I don't want anyone to rush me however, because I was born late! ::)

Legacy11

« Reply #153 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:24 PM »
I admit that this idea would probably cause major glitches in a game...  But couldn't you just change "Max" into "Maxine" using the Edit in CAS cheat?

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #154 on: June 22, 2011, 07:31:50 PM »
Legacy, how could you suggest such a horrible thing? How would you like having forced sex change surgery, without aesthetic? :o

Legacy11

« Reply #155 on: June 22, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »
Oh, sorry.  ~hides in a corner~

Offline Seriphina

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #156 on: June 22, 2011, 08:49:29 PM »
There is a way to speed up sculpting, though it is in fact cheating.  It's actually rather simple.  Buy as many sculpting stations as will fit on the lot but will allow your sim to still move around.  Now, one by one, have them start a clay or ice sculpture, and as soon as the block appears, cancel the action... Move onto the next.  The game decides what will be sculpted when the action begins. 
Once all of the sculptures are started, type in "moveobjects on" and "testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat window.  Go into buy mode.  One by one you can pick up each block to "reveal" the sculpture inside.  After you've determined it is a sculpture your sim already knows, hold down shift+ctrl and click on the block, selecting delete object.  That part is important because if you DON'T know the sculpture and delete the block, the sculpture will be forfeited.  Repeat this process for the whole lot of stations.  Then, one by one delete the sculptures as well.  Now, if there are any sculptures your sim didn't know left, go back to live mode and have them continue those ones.  Once done, start again... Later, rinse, repeat.  Not QUITE as time consuming, but it can take a while.
Insert witty comment here

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #157 on: June 22, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
I'll have to jot down that cheat for myself Seriphina, I tend to avoid cheats, but one won't hurt. ;)

Leto85

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2011, 03:22:01 AM »
Oh, sorry.  ~hides in a corner~

Even if someone does, I can find that out with eas.
Just check the books that sim has written: if it contains a book with the title Forum Rules (with the exact account of money it provides weekly) and one of the discovered stars under Logic is called Pam Marsden, than well... it's just a sex change. ;)
I asume you'll are better than that.

Enalon

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2011, 02:35:23 PM »
I'm a little heartbroken that my download of Max won't complete... It get's to a certain point and then just gets "interrupted". Least that's what Chrome says... I have no idea what the issue is...

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2011, 02:44:23 PM »
@Leto: Max in my game not only could order the omni plant; but he also kept the house neat and clean. Myy female sim is an artistic party animal and never cleans up. So, he is the ninth wonder of the universe!

Leto85

« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
I'm a little heartbroken that my download of Max won't complete... It get's to a certain point and then just gets "interrupted". Least that's what Chrome says... I have no idea what the issue is...

I'm sorry to hear that. If you know another way how I could send him to you I would like to try that way.

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2011, 08:54:22 AM »
Leto, are you sure Max needs natural cook? Would he not be much better having a different trait, since he has mastered cooking and all it's challenges?

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: July 01, 2011, 12:17:18 AM »
@Enalon
Downloads suddenly 'interrupted' when using Google Chrome
Would this thread help, by any chance?

Enalon

« Reply #164 on: July 01, 2011, 12:22:01 PM »
@Enalon
Downloads suddenly 'interrupted' when using Google Chrome
Would this thread help, by any chance?
Lovelove!
He's now in my little household! :D

anything