Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 120207 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)
« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2011, 04:00:39 PM »
Schip, you've outdone yourself with this. *wipes tears*   As for your speech upon receiving the well deserved "Simmy", George M. Cohan always said it best, "My father thanks you, my mother thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I.....I thank you."  And I do!  I thank you so much for your lovely wonderful writing.  You've inspired me.  I just think I might have an orphanage story bopping around in my brain as well.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2011, 04:08:17 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, DarkPlumbob and Joria.  I'm really glad you enjoyed the story.  I had a lot of fun playing that game and writing about it.

You've inspired me.  I just think I might have an orphanage story bopping around in my brain as well.

Joria, that's the best thing you could possibly have said.  I'll be watching for your story, if you do go ahead with it.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HollyEtta

• Nooboo
« Reply #407 on: January 03, 2012, 08:08:41 PM »
Nicely done.  Thanks.  I read this little saga from beginning to end, in one sitting.  Very very good.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
I'm glad I came across this story - and the rules/guidelines.  I've started my own orphanage story!

Thanks!

:)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2012, 02:00:42 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Holly and cndneh.  And good luck with your orphanage, cndneh.  I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I did with this one!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »
Thanks for the comments, Holly and cndneh.  And good luck with your orphanage, cndneh.  I hope you'll have as much fun with it as I did with this one!

having a blast with it, though I failed a bit at the start, had the time set to normal, so the kids were all growing up too fast!  fixed that and here - http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,8533.0.html - I'd love you comment!

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
I can tell I'm really late on this but this is an amazing story! I'm doing my own Orphanage project! I wish I had the time to make it a story on here! :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

The Starlight Phoenix

« Reply #412 on: June 14, 2012, 07:16:25 PM »
I know I'm super late on this thread, but I have to ask: where did you get Maxine's hair? Looking for good hair/clothes for girls (don't even get me started on the boys) is hard for me, and Maxine's hair just looks amazing. :P

This story turned out absolutely incredible: read it all in one sitting. :) It was truly captivating, and I loved every second of reading this. I know I wouldn't have the patience to do an Orphanage project like this, but you just make it so amazing. I can't think of any other adjectives other than that, lol. I'm thinking of doing my own story myself, but first I need to finish drafting an outline for it. And making an entire World for it too, haha. XP But I'm getting off-topic.

Point is: I would love to know where you got Maxine's hair, and this story was- no, is incredible.

Best wishes in whatever you're doing now!

Cheers,
Phoenix

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #413 on: June 14, 2012, 07:24:24 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, Artsygirl and Starlight Phoenix!  I'm very glad you enjoyed the story.

Starlight, all the hairdos I have are from EPs, SPs or the Store.  I'll have to look back and see what hair I gave Maxine, then look in my game to see where that particular hairdo came from.  But if you have most of the EPs and SPs but don't recognize the hairdo, it's probably a Store item.  I'll let you know when I check on it.

By the way, your username reminds me of the name of the local newspaper - the StarPhoenix.  Any chance you're also from Saskatoon?

The Starlight Phoenix

« Reply #414 on: June 14, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »
Thanks very much for the comments, Artsygirl and Starlight Phoenix!  I'm very glad you enjoyed the story.

Starlight, all the hairdos I have are from EPs, SPs or the Store.  I'll have to look back and see what hair I gave Maxine, then look in my game to see where that particular hairdo came from.  But if you have most of the EPs and SPs but don't recognize the hairdo, it's probably a Store item.  I'll let you know when I check on it.

By the way, your username reminds me of the name of the local newspaper - the StarPhoenix.  Any chance you're also from Saskatoon?

I'm not, actually. Although I do live in Canada (wish I could live in sunny LA, but whatevs :P), I live... well, let's just say I live in the Great Lakes area. ;P My nickname (although this is going a bit off-topic) came from the fact phoenixes are one of my fav mythical animals and starlight is because I like looking at the stars at night. And voila!

ANYWAYS (trying to divert this back to topic, lol), that'd be great, thanks. Can't wait! :D I have all the expansion packs, but I don't have any SPs, so that may be a problem. Ah, well.

Can't wait!
Phoenix

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #415 on: June 14, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
I'm not, actually. Although I do live in Canada (wish I could live in sunny LA, but whatevs :P), I live... well, let's just say I live in the Great Lakes area. ;P My nickname (although this is going a bit off-topic) came from the fact phoenixes are one of my fav mythical animals and starlight is because I like looking at the stars at night. And voila!

ANYWAYS (trying to divert this back to topic, lol), that'd be great, thanks. Can't wait! :D I have all the expansion packs, but I don't have any SPs, so that may be a problem. Ah, well.

Can't wait!
Phoenix

I'm pretty sure it's a Store item, but I don't know which one. I don't think it's from a SP.

The Starlight Phoenix

« Reply #416 on: June 14, 2012, 09:37:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure it's a Store item, but I don't know which one. I don't think it's from a SP.

Okay, good... and bad in a way. Good: I don't have to buy a stuff pack! Bad: Since my base game and EPs are all registered underneath previous accounts I cannot remember passwords/emails (kept transferring emails), I have no Store points. And I'd rather not buy points. So... yea.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #417 on: June 14, 2012, 10:17:59 PM »
Found it!  It is a store item, the "Elegance Style," here:  http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20960&categoryId=&scategoryId=11990&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=30.  Too bad about not having any SimPoints.  Perhaps some kind person might buy it for you?

The Starlight Phoenix

« Reply #418 on: June 14, 2012, 11:06:10 PM »
Found it!  It is a store item, the "Elegance Style," here:  http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:20960&categoryId=&scategoryId=11990&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=30.  Too bad about not having any SimPoints.  Perhaps some kind person might buy it for you?

Wait a second... I just realized: YOU GIFTED ME THE HAIR??? Ohmygosh. OHMYGOSH. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT-I CAN'T SPEAK- ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh. *starts hyperventilating* AJSDHFDLFKDJSHFKDJ I LOVE YOU SO MUCH. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR DOING THIS. It's so incredibly kind of you. Thank you SO MUCH. SO, SO MUCH. *hugs you to death*

You are THE BEST PERSON EVER. THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES. *proceeds to faint*

PS: Ehm... sorry for making a frivolous post? Just... really excited and I... uh, tend to spaz out. A lot. And my keyboard takes the hit. Sorry. *sheepish grin*

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #419 on: June 14, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »
Heh heh!  Well, what can I say - it's just that it's one of my favourite female hairdos, and I wanted you to have it.  Enjoy!

And please don't mention it.  (well not any more than it's already been mentioned) ... I wouldn't want anyone to get the idea that I'm bribing people to comment on my stories!   ;)  Although I have to say I really enjoyed reading your post.  I should probably be telling you not to use all the capitals and other stuff, but under the circumstances I'd rather overlook it just this once.  :D

anything