Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 120639 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »
Thank you for the great comment, Fleur.  Yeah, poor Mr Payne - he's kind of the stereotypical lawyer figure that everybody loves to hate.  The poor guy doesn't even have a first name!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2011, 07:57:39 PM »
Welcome Cynthia and Reagan! Poor Pippa. I think she feels love?  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Ske1337on

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
I'm LOVING this story so far!

This story is so fun to read, I can only imagine what it's like for you, playing and writing it.
I can't wait to see more of it!

Keep up the great work!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
Chapter 13:  Week 3. Tuesday - Friday

This is the first time the twins have had babies to look after.  Sebastian and Pippa are feeling a little sleep-deprived these days.

Babies or not, appliances keep breaking down and need repairing.

Pippa's handiness skill is quite high at this point from all the repairs she's been doing.  I'd like to have her upgrade the dishwasher to be unbreakable, but there just never seems to be time.

They are fortunate to have Debbie, who likes to look after the babies.  Unlike Pippa and Sebastian who only want to gaze at themselves in the mirror, Debbie actually chooses to spend time with Cynthia and Reagan.

This is one of the Alvi boys who came over to visit Debbie.  Even the visitors take more interest in the babies than Sebastian and Pippa.

The household still is low on fun objects for the adults to use.  What with having to buy beds, cribs, plumbing fixtures, etc, money is always tight.  They opt for a little home-made fun, with Pippa playing her guitar:

After 3 days, Cynthia and Reagan are finally ready to age up.  As one of the babies has her birthday, Sebastian admires himself in the mirror.

Here's a shot of Pippa teaching Cynthia to talk while Reagan plays with the pegboard:

Pippa and Sebastian each take a toddler to the library to read the skill books.  Neither Pippa nor Sebastian ever puts away the books they read - I guess they're used to having a servant do it for them.  This shot shows the lengths to which Pippa will go in order to avoid putting a book back in the shelf.  The closer tables are already covered in books, so Pippa walks to the other end of the library rather than put away a book.  Later I found several of the toddler books in Pippa's inventory.  Stealing books from the library?  Bad Pippa!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
Nice update! Wow, two babies at once! Poor Pippa with her snob nature. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
*Gasp* I didn't think you could steal from the library in this game! Ahh how dare she?! The twins are adorable!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2011, 10:24:46 AM »
Chapter 14:  Week 3 Saturday - Week 4 Friday

There's a lot happening in the Vandersim household these days.  Saturday a fifth orphan joins the household.  His name is Jeremy, he is adopted by Sebastian, and he (Jeremy, not Seb) is Family Oriented, Frugal and Artistic.  Jeremy's first wish is to learn to paint and take an art class.  As Jeremy is already child age and has no happiness points at all, the household springs for an art class for him.  Here's Jeremy:

Meantime, the younger girls also become children.  Cynthia:

and Reagan:

Graeme is a teenager now and seems to have started acting out.  I catch him skipping school one morning:

I don't usually check on the kids after they go off in the bus, so I have no idea how long Graeme has been up to this kind of behaviour.  I send him off to school and resolve to keep a closer eye on him in future.

But the big news this week is Debbie.  She has been on the honour roll for 3 days now, so she's ready to age up any time.  She's also found a special friend:

Debbie's first kiss!  Recognize the boy?  It's Mortimer Goth.

Debbie becomes a young adult and with the help of a magic birthday cake, Mortimer just happens to age up at the same time.  Things progress from there, and soon ...

Debbie and Mortimer are married!  They spend a couple of days with the Vandersims while Mortimer applies for work in the military (his LTW)  and gets his athletic skill up.  The household purchases a double bed they can ill afford - not the very best, but pretty good - and Mr Grumpy complains about having a bad night's sleep, ungrateful character.  Debbie gets her painting skill up to level 10.  Her first painting after getting married, and the one that gets her up to level 10, is one I've never seen before but very apt:

Is that or is it not a painting done by someone in love?  It's even done in Mortimer's favourite palette; I remember those moody blues and purples he was always using in the Clan Douglas Dynasty. 

Debbie loves to paint, but at this point I'm thinking I should have had her pursue a different skill, one that would be more job-related.  I don't think autonomous sims do very well as self-employed artists.  Anyway, Debbie has 3 or 4 logic skill points so she gets a job in law enforcement, and it's time for her and Mortimer to move out.  She has a new going-away outfit for the occasion:

That's Debbie's old teddy bear sitting on the grass.  She left it behind so it could be passed along to another orphan.  By the way, Debbie had 57,800 happiness points when she moved out, which was more than either Pippa or Sebastian had at that point.  The dysfunctional duo may not be particularly happy with their circumstances, but I think they've given Debbie a good start in life.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2011, 10:49:26 AM »
Yaaayz! Congrats to Debbie and Mortimer~! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »
Congrats Debbie and Morty! They are very cute! Did you also have them try for baby before they left??

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2011, 07:31:39 PM »
Your story is turning out great Schipperke.  I have kind of neglected reading the stories, since Medieval came out, but decided to read some.  I am intrigued by this story and of course your writing remains as good as always.

That pic of the two standing on the bridge is awesome.  One of my first sims painted that a long time ago and I have not seen it painted since.  I have it in the "pictures sims have painted thread" and you can tell by the date it was quite a while back.  I am so jealous, I want that painting again, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2011, 12:39:03 AM »
Did you also have them try for baby before they left??

No, it wasn't possible as there were already 8 people in the household.  But I wish it had been an option.  The only way to have the orphans both married and pregnant would be to limit the household to 6 - Pippa and Sebastian, plus 4 kids.  I'm going to think about that because I would like to see the generations continuing.  I expect Pippa and Seb would like it too.  ;D

Thanks very much for the comments, Simstar, Esther and Salty. 

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2011, 05:47:44 PM »
This is a really good story! Congrats, Debbie!  :)
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2011, 03:49:34 AM »
Good luck to Debbie and Morty on starting their new life together! Welcome to Jeremy and happy birthday to the girls.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2011, 03:40:50 PM »
If anyone's been wondering why I haven't been posting the usual updates in this story lately, it's not because I've given up on it.  Two things:  Sims Medieval is occupying all of my time; and the problem with the in-house photo service.  Gerr00 has kindly offered to help me with the pictures until I can finally get my brain around using either the Gallery or Photobucket.  It's very generous of her to offer her time to help out and I'll likely take her up on it, but it's clear that I have to learn to use the Gallery myself.  So if you've been following this story, please don't give up on it.  It may take a bit of time to get sorted out.

ADrake

« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2011, 04:07:45 PM »
Good luck, hope you enjoy Sims Medieval! We'll be waiting.  :)