Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 120198 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
So are we gonna start an argument here or what? I think both sides are right. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2011, 05:32:18 PM »
Christopher is very popular, and he deserves to be.  But he is quite a bit older than Mary so I do think it's better for her to choose someone closer to her own age.  I've never tried to make over the Landgraab boy.  Hopefully a change of hairdo and clothes, along with a bit of weight loss, will improve his looks.  And his little sister is quite cute.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »
Malcolm landgrab brought some very nice genes into the Khalid dynasty. Dotty was stunning she looked a lot like her father.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2011, 07:28:38 AM »
Malcolm looks quite pretty after a makeover and a training session, but Chris still beats him! ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Chapter 27:  Week 8 - 9 Weekend

It may be the weekend, but Pippa is so proud of her new Mayor's outfit, she just had to show it to you:

She thinks she looks quite spiffy.  I'd have to agree - the outfit suits her.

All the children are now teenagers.  You've seen Mary; here are the others.  From left to right:  Gregory, Gordon and Marilyn.

Malcolm and his little sister, whose name escapes me, come over for a birthday celebration.

Sebastian is at work and the children are busy at the chess tables.  Pippa goes visiting:

Pretty nice to be driven around in a limousine.  Especially after all those weeks of having to rely on the free taxi service.  Her first stop is at Cynthia, Reagan and Miraj's house to meet Carlos:

Then over to Jeremy and Darlene's to chat with Kyle.

Sunday morning an email addressed to Pippa and Sebastian arrives.

Sebastian:  Morgan Inkbeard?  Does that sound like a real name to you?  Do you think this is a hoax?
Pippa:  Oh yes, Morgan Inkbeard is very important in local politics in Barnacle Bay.  I've heard of him.  Fancy him seeing an article about us in the Barnacle Bay Buccaneer!
Sebastian:  What do you think we should do?
Pippa:  Let's think about it and discuss it when you get home from work.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
Welcome to the nooboo grandchildren! Intrigue from the BB Buccaneer. Nice name for a newspaper.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2011, 02:54:20 PM »
I'm not starting an argument. I just think Chris is better than sliced bread haha. Hmm what does Morgan want?? Pippa does look good in a Mayor's outfit! Yay for grand nooboos!  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »
Wow, a grandchild and they're still young!

(Have you been feeding them ambrosia?)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
Simstar, the reason they're both still young is that I've been playing on epic lifespan and aging the children up when they complete their assigned tasks.  I had originally planned to have Pippa and Sebastian eat ambrosia, but they just didn't have time at the beginning for all the gardening and fishing, and I didn't want them to be old when their 10 weeks are up.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
Chapter 28:  Week 9, Sunday Evening

That evening, after Sebastian comes home from work and the children are in bed, he and Pippa talk. 
Sebastian:  I think we should talk to Morgan Inkbeard and find out more about this.  He said he would pay our expenses.  The children are old enough to be left alone for a day or two.  We can catch a flight to Barnacle Bay tomorrow morning and be home Tuesday afternoon.

Pippa:  I don't think we should both be away.  What if there was a burglar or the children all decided to stay out after curfew?  You go.  Be sure to ask lots of questions.

Tuesday

Tuesday is Pippa's day off.  She goes out for a long walk.

You may recall that Max Skills, the Vandersim butler, was left to look after the family mansion when Pippa and Sebastian were sent out to prove themselves worthy of their inheritance.  Max, who as we all know does everything well, has of course been taking very good care of the mansion.  He happens to glance out the window and sees Pippa standing across the street looking at the house.  He goes out to meet her.

Max:  Miss Pippa!  I wasn't expecting you - is Mr Sebastian with you?
Pippa:  No, Skills, I just thought I'd stop by and ... look at the old house, you know?
Max:  Of course, Miss.  I assure you, I've been taking very good care of it for you.  Do you want to come inside?
Pippa:  No, better not.  I don't think we're supposed to do that.
Max:  Of course, Miss.

Pippa:  You know, Skills, you're living here in this big mansion and we're living in that shack across from the Consignment store -
Max:  You know that wasn't my idea, Miss Pippa!
Pippa:  No, that's not what I mean, Skills.  It's just that it seems a little silly for you to be calling me Miss Pippa under the circumstances, don't you agree?  Why don't you just call me Pippa?

Of course, Mi - Pippa.  And, you know, my name is Max.

There's an awkward silence as neither Max nor Pippa quite knows what to say.  Then Pippa says quickly, "Well, I mustn't keep you.  The children will be wondering where I am.  No doubt I'll see you around town some time."

Max watches as Pippa hails a passing cab and drives off.

He stands on the sidewalk deep in thought for a long moment, then turns and slowly climbs the stairs back into the house.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »
Hmm.... Wonder what he's thinking...
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
I second Simstar's question. I wonder if there might be a potential romance?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

CandyHeartedSim

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2011, 12:27:17 PM »
Hehe, Max and Pippa sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!  :-*

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »
I second Simstar's question. I wonder if there might be a potential romance?

Well, considering I'm half in love with Max myself, it's a distinct possibility!   ::)

But you won't have too long to wait and see.  We're halfway through week 8, and the game finishes in a week and a half.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
Aww, It's coming to an end already?
Formerly Simstar3

anything