Author Topic: Riches Galore: The Orphanage Project (Completed)  (Read 120202 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Re: Riches Galore
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
Thank you! I'll check it in the store. By the way, could you put the house in the Swap Shop? Please? :) I'm sure I'm not the only one asking.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2011, 06:21:50 PM »
By the way, could you put the house in the Swap Shop? Please? :) I'm sure I'm not the only one asking.

Please tell me you're joking.  That was a joke, right?

I can just see it - all those incredible houses in the Swap Shop.  And here's Schipperke's masterpiece.  Uh-huh.  About all you can say about it is that it would certainly make all the other houses look even better!   ;D

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2011, 07:45:58 PM »
It's unique Schipperke! It's just perfect for all the spoiled sims and all the bad people!  ;D

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2011, 12:06:55 AM »
I wasn't joking. :( I really like that house. And all of your readers! :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2011, 09:32:26 AM »
I wasn't joking. :( I really like that house. And all of your readers! :)

Sorry, ChronicR.  I honestly thought you were being humorous.  I laughed about it all evening - I just kept picturing Schipperke's shack in with all the elegant, well-designed houses in the Swap Shop.  

Now that I know you were serious, I'm afraid there's one problem.  The house no longer exists in its original state.  I'm playing ahead of the posts, and the place is gradually getting cleaned and added to, furnishings are being replaced as the household has the money.  At this point it's the sort of boring little box I always build, but it's pretty much lost its original flavour.

But it really wouldn't be hard to reproduce.  Trust me - if I can do it, anybody can.  It was actually fun recolouring things to look dingy and stained, and I got to use stuff like the washtubs that I've never had a use for before.  I also got some things from buydebug.  To be honest, putting the shack together was a lot of fun, now that I think of it.  If you really want, I could have a go at recreating it again this weekend.  But I'm sure you could come up with something as good or better.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2011, 10:24:02 AM »
Chapter 8:  Week 1, Wednesday to Saturday

Now, Pippa is not exactly the maternal type.  The only person she's ever wanted to nurture is herself.  But Daddy's fortune is at stake, so Pippa embarks on motherhood.

People say toddlers are fun.  Here's Pippa teaching Debbie to talk.  Does Pippa look like she's having fun? 

Teaching Debbie to walk isn't so bad, as long as they ignore the cockroaches.

Out of consideration for anyone reading this, I decided to spare you the pictures of the potty training.  I trust you're suitably grateful.  But believe me, Pippa's facial grimaces were a sight to see.  And the potty training took a really long time.

On Sebastian's day off he takes Debbie to the library to give Pippa a break.

Finally, a break!  What fun things does Pippa get up to with her precious free time?  A party?  An outing?  Try cleaning and repairing the cheap plumbing fixtures that are always breaking down.  She also finds time to clean the walls, as you will see presently.

The twins are in a bad mood most of the time.  Their mood rarely gets up into the bubble, and a lot of the time Pippa goes around with a yellow plumbbob.  This isn't because I'm not trying to keep them in a good mood - they just aren't happy with their circumstances.  They're constantly getting negative moodlets from the cheap shower and stove, and the only fun object in the house is the small stereo.  Sebastian goes and watches the television at the gym for a couple of hours before his work shift starts, but even so his promotions are coming very slowly.  I hate to think what state the twins would be in if I hadn't splurged on good beds for them.  By the end of the first week their happiness points earned are about half of what I would normally expect.  Fortunately Debbie is a cheerful tot and is usually in a good mood.  She loves playing outdoors - the cockroaches don't seem to bother her at all.

Nevertheless, by the end of the week Debbie has completed all her toddler tasks including having the books read to her at the library, so she is ready to age up.  They splurge on a birthday cake and have a small celebration.  Both Pippa and Sebastian are painfully aware that this is the closest they've come to a party in a whole week, which has to be a record for them.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »
Sorry, ChronicR.  I honestly thought you were being humorous.  I laughed about it all evening - I just kept picturing Schipperke's shack in with all the elegant, well-designed houses in the Swap Shop.  

Now that I know you were serious, I'm afraid there's one problem.  The house no longer exists in its original state.  I'm playing ahead of the posts, and the place is gradually getting cleaned and added to, furnishings are being replaced as the household has the money.  At this point it's the sort of boring little box I always build, but it's pretty much lost its original flavour.

But it really wouldn't be hard to reproduce.  Trust me - if I can do it, anybody can.  It was actually fun recolouring things to look dingy and stained, and I got to use stuff like the washtubs that I've never had a use for before.  I also got some things from buydebug.  To be honest, putting the shack together was a lot of fun, now that I think of it.  If you really want, I could have a go at recreating it again this weekend.  But I'm sure you could come up with something as good or better.

Oh never mind, if it's difficult for you, then I won't insist anymore :) I like the look of it, but I really don't want to cause any trouble. I'm satisfied by watching the screenshots! ;D By the way, awesome update. Pippa's face expressions are hilarious.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 02:16:16 PM »
Happy Birthday Debbie!

I'm wondering where in the clean-up order new clothes come in for Pippa and Sebastian. Probably after a new toilet. :)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2011, 02:56:53 PM »
Thanks, Lilygirl.  As you may have guessed, the twins and I have slightly different priorities.  What they want to buy and what I want them to have are a long way apart.  I definitely agree with you about the new toilet coming before new clothes.  Pippa is going to express an opinion on this point in the next post.  As for Debbie and any subsequent children, for now they're just going to get whatever clothes the game gives them.  Much as I'd like to choose attractive clothing for the kids, it seems right to let Social Services provide the clothing.   ;)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2011, 03:12:17 PM »
I like this story, simply because they don't get what they want and that is the purpose of it.  I have a feeling that little Debbie is going to teach the twins a thing or two, whether they know it or not. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2011, 03:54:27 PM »
Awesome update! Her expressions are hilarious!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
Awesome update! Her expressions are hilarious!

Thanks, Esther.  I know it's a pain to have to click on the pictures to enlarge them.  I've been studying the instructions for photoshop and hope to get up the nerve to try it soon.  I'm just not very good with all this stuff.  I appreciate people taking the time to read this story despite the little pictures and all.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
You're welcome! It's no problem, before I started using the gallery mine were the same way! The gallery is really easy to use, Photobucket is too, I don't know about Photoshop but I'm sure you'll figure it out!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »
Photobucket - that's what I meant!  Good grief.  You see how much I have to learn!

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2011, 05:20:34 PM »
Lol, it's not that hard I promise! I'm not smart about computers but I figured it out so if I could, I know you can!

anything