Author Topic: I Am Called Uriah  (Read 38212 times)

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
Re: I Am Called Uriah
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2011, 06:45:52 AM »
I had an inventor sim make like 13 simbots in her lifetime. and they all came with some handiness and inventing skills but not a set amount
I remember some had/more or less than others from my experience its random 
for example
I remember one with 2 handiness and 8 inventing, another with 5 inventing 5 handiness

so makes sense that a simbot would be born with it just like a sim invents them with it...

Leto85

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2011, 07:04:15 AM »
SimBots are created with 4 points in Inventing and 8 points in Handiness. Probably the nooboos got those skills (or half of them) because both are half-SimBots.

That makes so much sence. I was about to ask for this but I don't have to anymore.

Pam, I've expected them to be more bio than techno, those little nooboos, but they seems to be 50 50 again, just like father? I was thinking they would have a little bit more sim in them (ability to dress and go in hottubs or so) and a little less simbots (ability to eat outside of the garbade dump). But maybe it's to soon to ask these questions.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2011, 07:14:48 AM »
I guess they got their skills from being born SimBots.  I was quite surprised by it.  Babies never have skills.  Not until they become children, and even then it's not handiness and inventing.

They drink their bottles like a normal infant.  I remember that Uriah didn't start eating scrap until he was a young adult.  Their needs meters are silver like a SimBot.  They don't have hygiene issues because that meter is locked, as in all other SimBots.  The toddler stage will probably be hysterical if they crawl and walk like a SimBot.  I already know that they speak like one.

I'm leaving Uriah and Bebe alone for awhile to see if they get pregnant again.  I'd like to carry on a few generations to see if the SimBot trait ever fades out.  Or if children can be born who are not SimBot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Leto85

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2011, 07:19:27 AM »
I guess they got their skills from being born SimBots.  I was quite surprised by it.  Babies never have skills.  Not until they become children, and even then it's not handiness and inventing.

Yes, if I ever get children I will learn them at young age to play in the kitchen with gass, to provide them with early handiness skills. :P
No, serious, I'm afraid this really is kind of a bug and the game trying to handle this all. It surprises me you haven't had any problems playing this savefile unless you haven't mentioned it. Anyway, I really hope you have a good backup of the rest of your sims stuff, for in case.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2011, 07:22:46 AM »
This file runs as smooth as can be.  But, yes, I do have backup just in case.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 07:29:43 AM »
I thought I had already posted this, but I guess not.  Here is a video of Strawberry and Flamingo making cooing noises.  If you listen carefully, you can hear that their voices have that SimBot metallic sound.

SimBot Infants

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2011, 07:44:28 AM »
That's kind of creepy. Robot babies. What next, a 'Terminator' takeover?  8)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissMaths

• Townie
  • Please call me Alice - it is my name, after all...
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2011, 08:06:49 AM »
That's kind of creepy. Robot babies. What next, a 'Terminator' takeover?  8)

Mabye not, maybe so. The probabilities of such an event are slim, but I wouldn't venture to say that they were impossible :D

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 08:13:02 AM »
Congratulations on the twins, I totally expected Bebe and Uriah to adopt! I guess the hidden Simbot trait gets passed onto all offspring, like the vampire one (supposedly 50/50, pfft). I hope your save file turns out OK, I know my mummy hybrids got pretty glitchy in the end.  :-\

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »
Congratulations on the twins!    From my experience all Simbots come with different handiness/inventing skills so I can't wait to see the toddler movement stage for your little ones.   

The voices are a little creepy but their dad has a normal voice so maybe it will change for them?  Guess we'll see.   

Great story!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2011, 09:00:22 AM »
Congratulations on the twins, I totally expected Bebe and Uriah to adopt! I guess the hidden Simbot trait gets passed onto all offspring, like the vampire one (supposedly 50/50, pfft). I hope your save file turns out OK, I know my mummy hybrids got pretty glitchy in the end.  :-\

There is very little chance for a hidden trait not to be passed down. If there are two hidden traits (i.e. a Pizza Delivery girl and a Vampire have kids) the game is forced to choose only one of them. Hidden 'creature' traits (Mummy, Vampire, SimBot) have a high chance of being passed down. More like 90/10 than 50/50. :P This percentage is getting higher with each patch, that's why most people never had a human child from a Vampire/Sim mix.
I too hope this save file doesn't get glitchy, I really want to see the girls grow up. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Leto85

« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2011, 10:07:57 AM »
@TheChronicR: So mixing up hidden traits is not something that's possible because the game will choose from a few? I know the maid has the hidden Neat trait which does exactly the same as the normal Neat trait but because it's hidden it saves out a slot for another trait which are visible. I was hoping that if a maid child could get a child with a chineze sim for example the offspring of that will have both the hidden Neat trait as well as the hidden chopchicks trait.

I hope this is still possible because I like this story to become a mixed up sims generation. All the best of every different sim in one after a bunch of generations after Uriah.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »
@TheChronicR: So mixing up hidden traits is not something that's possible because the game will choose from a few? I know the maid has the hidden Neat trait which does exactly the same as the normal Neat trait but because it's hidden it saves out a slot for another trait which are visible. I was hoping that if a maid child could get a child with a chineze sim for example the offspring of that will have both the hidden Neat trait as well as the hidden chopchicks trait.

I hope this is still possible because I like this story to become a mixed up sims generation. All the best of every different sim in one after a bunch of generations after Uriah.

Okay, I think we're going off-topic now. ;) I'll PM you the answer, not to clutter up Pam's story thread.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:48 PM »
Congratulations on the new editions to the family. I hope his mother gets resurrected via Ambrosia very soon. The video you posted on Facebook was cute.  ;D

Edit: The last comment on the robo-nooboos was me. Jeana Marie, the Facebook video.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2011, 02:18:56 PM »
Super cute video and nooboos! I love that they have Simbot coos. I see a very Valentine's themed room for them in the future.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything