Author Topic: I Am Called Uriah  (Read 38231 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
I Am Called Uriah
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:53:27 AM »
Chapter 1:  I Am Called Uriah

In another world, my dad was built by Scarlet Dreamweaver and was named Gray.  My mom, Emily, was a paparazzi when they met and got married.  Then, against all the laws of nature, I was born.  I am called Uriah Dreamweaver and I don't know who I am or what I am.  I don't know exactly how old I am, either.  I'm a teenager, but SimBots live a long time and I don't know if I'll age properly.  

My parents tell me that, in that other world, we were part of the powerful Dreamweaver Dynasty family.  My grandmother Scarlet spent time with me and made me feel welcome.  That's what my parents say, anyway.  I don't remember it very well.  In this world, we are alone.  Dad bought us a nice house right on the beach.

He thought it would be fun to leave it looking normal on the outside, but to have it look like a spaceship on the inside.  I like it.

This is my mom.  She's pretty old now.  I'm not very close to her, but I'll miss her when she's gone.

My dad will miss her, too.

I get confused a lot because I feel some things that I cannot do.  I act like just like dad, who is a fully created SimBot.  See, I walk like him.

If you could hear me, you'd know that I sound like him, too.

But when I want to replenish my scrap reserves like dad, I can't.  No matter how hungry I get, I can't pick up the scrap to eat it.  I can eat Sim food, but I have to eat at least 2 or 3 plates to feel full.  Unless I just lick the plate clean, that is.  I get full easily when I do that.  Mom says it's because I'm a Slob.  But at least I don't go hungry.

My dad is a proper SimBot and can show off his features.  That's another thing I can't do.  I can't talk about special SimBot things, like brands of oil.  I don't know for sure yet, but I probably won't short out.  I'm glad for that one.

I look like a Sim, but I'm not.  I can't change my clothes or get a new hairstyle, not even at the salon.  I'll always look like this.  Sims will always cringe away from me at first.  It makes me Grumpy, but I'm too much of a Coward to be mean about it most of the time.  I have to try extra hard to make friends.  My friend Gobias Koffi is my first ever friend.

And what about a family?  My parents won't live forever.  What if I want to fall in love?  What if I want to have kids of my own?  I'm the only one of my kind.  What's waiting for me?

The Chapters

Chapter 1:  I Am Called Uriah
Chapter 2:  Scrap Heap
Chapter 3:  A Day in the Life
Chapter 4:  It's My Birthday!
Chapter 5:  A Season of Changes
Chapter 6:  A Very Good Day
Chapter 7:  Short and Ring
Chapter 8:  Wedding Bells
Chapter 9:  Endings and Beginnings
Chapter 10:  The Times, They Are A-Changing
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
Re: I Am Called Uriah
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 03:03:59 AM »
This is so cool, Pam.
Do you have pics of him as a baby, toddler or child too?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 03:04:56 AM »
Great to see a Dreamweaver around! Beautiful start to this story.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 03:06:39 AM »
Hooray! Awesome start, Pam! Uriah is the strangest Sim(Bot) ever.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 03:07:49 AM »
This is so cool, Pam.
Do you have pics of him as a baby, toddler or child too?

No.  I didn't even know about him until he was a teenager. 

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline GenTheHen

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 03:11:51 AM »
I have never particularly liked the simsbots, but now I am feeling inspired to make one and have a go at playing him/her...sad cant have hybrids that would be so fun!

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 03:28:39 AM »
I'm so glad you've started a story on Uriah. It will be very interesting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 03:45:55 AM »
Yay, Simbot crazyness, that sounds fun!  I wonder how long Sims will look at Uriah descendents and go "oh no, a Simbot!"  Maybe his kid would just be a Sim, I don't know, but I do want to find out.  ;D
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 03:48:54 AM »
Awesome!! I can't wait to read more about what he can and can't do!

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 03:51:53 AM »
Yeah! The Dreamweavers continue (sort of)!

Leto85

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »
Wow, normally I don't have the time to read a lot of stories here but this one goes right in my Favorite list.
This is the crossbreed sim(bot) you where talking about in another topic, right Pam? This is so cool. You have placed the Sims environment in a apocaliptic futuristic environment. Wonderfull. I can't wait to read more.

Maybe Uriah want's to become human or so? Than we got ourself a sort of Sims version of AI (Artificial Intelligence) or Bicentennial Man. This is too cool. And you also have the living room and kitchen version of the futuristic sets I am dying to get also! :D

Choccolatee

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 05:14:58 AM »
Can Uriah play in the sprinkers?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 05:58:27 AM »
@Leto:  Yes, this is the same SimBot hybrid that turned up in my Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty through story progression with the SimBot that Scarlet made. 

@Choccolatee:  I don't know yet.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 07:38:33 AM »
Chapter 2:  Scrap Heap

Sometimes my parents are really cool, then sometimes they are such nerds.

Mom's been helping me with my homework, which is cool because I started to this school late and it looks like I'm going to have a real birthday in a couple of days.  My grades aren't so good and I need all the help I can get.  I had to work hard, but I finally made an A on the last day of school!

Dad has a totally awesome car, which is cool and I hope I get to drive it someday.  He won't let me or Mom drive it.  We just have our Big Lemon and Sloppy Jalopy.  He said his mother bought it for him in the other world as a present for moving out on his own, so it's very special to him.  I just know that it's a super cool car and I want it.

But then they turn around and do something completely embarrassing.  Mom all of a sudden decided she's some kind of weird Virtuoso and started taking guitar lessons.  She has fun, but good grief, she's 92 years old!

She got Dad a set of drums and he's beating on them day and night.  Doesn't he know I'm a Light Sleeper?  And whoever heard of a SimBot that plays drums?

They really got carried away.  Mom decided to form a band with Dad.  She calls it Scrap Heap.  *groans*  I'm SO embarrassed!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
Uriah's view point is very interesting! He's living every teenager's nightmare: his dad is Different (with a capital D), his mother walks around in her night gown, his parents think taking up an instrument at their age is fun!, and he isn't normal either! This kid's got so many reasons to turn out weird.

Pam, I like the way you're working all the facts into the story without just listing them: Uriah's traits and things you've learned a Simbot hybrid can and can't do.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

anything