Author Topic: Preaching Tips For A Peteran Priest  (Read 20308 times)

Offline Theo

• Llama Wrangler
Preaching Tips For A Peteran Priest
« on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
Preaching is one of the responsibilities of a peteran priest. It provides XP and some simoles. I believe that it will also give a positive focus buff. All of this is good but how does one maximize the benefits from preaching?

Popularity affects the offering but what affects popularity?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Preaching Tips For A Peteran Priest
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
The number of converts in the realm. I think if you do a good sermon, you'll have a chance to convert any agnostics. Directly converting them through the social interaction seems to make a bigger impact.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 03:27:01 PM »
Preaching is one of the responsibilities of a peteran priest. It provides XP and some simoles. I believe that it will also give a positive focus buff. All of this is good but how does one maximize the benefits from preaching?

Popularity affects the offering but what affects popularity?

One of the first Guides Carl wrote was the Peteran Guide and I believe his target date for putting new Guide articles up is Sunday. In the meantime, what I can tell you to do is to listen carefully to congregation reaction. Select a given sermon tone and if you're hearing cheers or laughter, then that's good. If you hear boos, then try and switch the tone.

The other tip I can provide is go on a conversion spree — walk around the Kingdom and convert lots of peasants to the Peteran religion. That shoots up popularity a great deal — more than sermons.

-------

Edit: Lol. The head Peteran Priest steps in to make a sermon.  ;D

Lestrade

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 07:13:53 PM »
On the bad side, if the Priest Profession is inactive in a quest and the CPU controls them they never hold any sermons. The Priest walks up to the desk several times a day and put the book on the table and then leaves directly afterwards. I don't know if this hurts popularity when you are not controlling him directly, I hope this gets fixed somehow. When you participate in a sermon it actually provides a rather nice focus buff.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »
Yeah, I was hoping to get some perks going to the priest but couldn't get him to cast a blessing. It kind of stinks. You expect it to have a bigger impact on the kingdom than it really does. My priest was a drunkard, so most of the time parishioners just came for the booze.

I think there was a Quest or two in between us using the Peteran Priest after reaching level 10 and maxing popularity. When I went back, I wanted to do some testing on sermons and popularity, I found it was still max. Maybe Sims aren't casting off their faith, which would probably be what causes that bar to fall.

Peteran Priest Guide

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 07:44:25 AM »
A nice discovery yesterday you may like to note ...

Bless the Village Well.  Amazing ... a new Market Area materialised alongside!!  A collection of tents [for sleep or woo-hoo], training Dummies, Forge & Anvil, and Watcher's Archive  ;D

Offline Theo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
Bless the Village Well.  Amazing ... a new Market Area materialised alongside!!  A collection of tents [for sleep or woo-hoo], training Dummies, Forge & Anvil, and Watcher's Archive  ;D

Thank you. I saw something similar while doing the "Cutting Edge" quest. My priest, Brother Timothy blessed the town well and then drew bottles of holy water. I am still pondering what to do with the holy water. Would giving some holy water to a skeptical prospect improve the results from preaching?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:47:52 PM »
Blessed well water is needed as an ingredient in some blacksmith recipes - I forget which ones, though.

Offline HtFde

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 02:24:36 PM »
On the bad side, if the Priest Profession is inactive in a quest and the CPU controls them they never hold any sermons. The Priest walks up to the desk several times a day and put the book on the table and then leaves directly afterwards. I don't know if this hurts popularity when you are not controlling him directly, I hope this gets fixed somehow. When you participate in a sermon it actually provides a rather nice focus buff.

Well, still they're active - one of my heroes, when I switched back to her, was no longer agnostic but of Jacobean faith and she also had a positive moodlet from having heard a good service. I also know, because I have observed it, that my Peteran priest does evengelize till she drops.. :)

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 05:08:43 AM »
A nice discovery yesterday you may like to note ...
Oh dear ... finished that Quest [Cutting Edge?] and started a new one.  The nice Market Area has gone, so I guess it was just Quest-specific.  It did seem odd having those particular ingredients, which I now realise were very relevant to the Quest and thus saved a LOT of transit time.

Offline Slingsby

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 06:38:07 AM »
Now here's a question ... has anyone got both Peteran and Jacoban priests operating in the same 'neighbourhood'?

I could imagine that might make game play a bit difficult, with each priest trying to convert the people from the other church.  Religious Wars, anyone?  :o

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 06:43:48 AM »
Eveangalizing gave my Priest quite a bit of Popularity.  ;)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Yeshanu

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 04:20:41 PM »
If you "Write with the Watcher" before your sermon time, it gives you the opportunity to preach an "insightful" sermon. I'll have to do more testing to figure out if this gets a better reaction from the congregation (I suspect from what I've seen so far that it does), or whether it just gives you an extra option in case the congregation doesn't like the way you're preaching at the moment.

Offline chrissie

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2011, 05:10:52 PM »
To answer Slingsby, I have had both priests in my first and second ambitions and have found no problems, so far.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 08:47:25 PM »
I always have both priests.  The local sims tend to be willing to change their religion depending on which priest you are playing. 

anything