Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 643960 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Townie DecaDynasty
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2011, 07:59:46 AM »
Okay I'm confused again, does Chris have to do the Req's or does his Child?

It's the heir that needs to accomplish the 10 moving requirements. So, in your example of Agnes and Chris marrying and having a son that son is the first heir and then needs to accomplish the 10 moving requirements before he can move.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2011, 08:03:20 AM »
Ah Okay thanks!

So, in your example of Agnes and Chris marrying and having a son that son is the first heir and then needs to accomplish the 10 moving requirements before he can move.

Although that was Chronic I'm doing Similar! So when Chris has Agnes move in do they have to have an Heir Within 10 Days?

Also with the Inique Items can that be say 10 Different Fish or do they have to be different items? Can they also be the same item types but different for each Gen? Say Gen 1 got a Fish and then Gen 2 got the same fish from Fishing is that allowed to count?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2011, 08:07:54 AM »
I can't play and have another program open at the same time, so I've also created a pdf file that I can use as a record sheet whilst I play.  The pdf file prints on two sheets of A4.  It is virtually identical to the spreadsheet.  If anyone would like to download a copy, it may be accessed here:

The Townie's DecaDynasty printable A4 record sheet.

It's saved in Google docs - the print option is under the 'File' tab.  Hope it's okay and useful for some of you.

However, I do have two queries:   :-[

1.  Can the starting townie family consist of one sim only?

2.  May the heir move to an empty lot or should the heir always move to an already constructed house?

Thanks.

--------

Edit: it took me so long to type this that I think the questions may have already been answered.  Now I feel even more shamefaced.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
So when Chris has Agnes move in do they have to have an Heir Within 10 Days?

Not 10 days from when Agnes moves in. It's 10 days from when you start in a new house. So, we're talking about that child being born no later than Week 2, Day 4. Backtrack 3 days and you have your target day when Agnes needs to get pregnant.

Also with the Inique Items can that be say 10 Different Fish or do they have to be different items? Can they also be the same item types but different for each Gen? Say Gen 1 got a Fish and then Gen 2 got the same fish from Fishing is that allowed to count?

You cannot leave the same item type in different houses. It would have to be fish in one house and say, paintings in another. But, if you're going for max value, then you'd probably be going for 10 deathfish. So, within the unique item type you can have duplicates.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »
Wow! This is going to be.. interesting.   Just some clarifications to make sure I understand.

1) The household has to have 10 Best Friends.  -  That means mom can have 3, dad can have 4 and the heir can have 3 correct?

2) "Each house must have a unique item type."  - does this mean only one type of item is left behind?  So house 1 is 10 different paintings, house 2 is mounted fish?

whee- posted same time as metro!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 08:13:16 AM »
Looks good!  I am heading into the game to pick a starting family now...

Gheez - the spreadsheet is wonderful

Question - for the starting family that has no children - that means they can't be expecting a child already?  (Keaton, Ursine, etc)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2011, 08:13:58 AM »
1.  Can the starting townie family consist of one sim only?

Yes.

2.  May the heir move to an empty lot or should the heir always move to an already constructed house?

Moving to an empty lot just does not fit in with the whole Townie theme. You should be required to move into another Townie's home, so I'll clarify that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2011, 08:16:28 AM »
How exciting ;D

I've got a question:
When the heir moves house, do they move alone, or can they move with others from their original the household? For example, Emma Hatch and Cyclone Sword have a twins called Adam and Eve. If Adam is the heir, can Eve move out with him, or does he need to move out on his own?

And just one thing to make sure I've got this all right: The heir moves out when they've completed the moving requirements. They then have an heir. This means the focus is no longer on the person that moved, but just on the heir that's been born. Is this right?

I'm excited to start this, but I want to complete my Immortal Dynasty first!
Thanks for thinking this up Metro :)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2011, 08:21:09 AM »
1) The household has to have 10 Best Friends.  -  That means mom can have 3, dad can have 4 and the heir can have 3 correct?

Right. The BF requirement is a household requirement, not just an heir.

2) "Each house must have a unique item type."  - does this mean only one type of item is left behind?  So house 1 is 10 different paintings, house 2 is mounted fish?

Exactly.

When the heir moves house, do they move alone, or can they move with others from their original the household? For example, Emma Hatch and Cyclone Sword have a twins called Adam and Eve. If Adam is the heir, can Eve move out with him, or does he need to move out on his own?

Heirs move alone.

And just one thing to make sure I've got this all right: The heir moves out when they've completed the moving requirements. They then have an heir. This means the focus is no longer on the person that moved, but just on the heir that's been born. Is this right?

Exactly. The heirs switch hands when a new heir is born.

Offline SassySimmer

• Tea Addict
  • Immortal
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2011, 08:21:35 AM »
I can't wait to try this.

I do have a couple of questions for clarification though.

1.  As vampires are not allowed, could you move the heirs spouse in prior to moving out?  Just to make sure that they don't get turned into a vampire.  Then move them into an empty lot/house?
2.  The scoring of the total number of objects, is that before you move out or after you have finished with the 10th heir?
♫♪If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.  When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly chumps, just purse your lips and whistle that's the thing, and always look on the bright side of life......♪♫

Offline TallStar

• Immortal
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 08:29:26 AM »
All I have to say is..
Omg
I still have to finish my first dynasty!  :-[

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
1.  As vampires are not allowed, could you move the heirs spouse in prior to moving out?  Just to make sure that they don't get turned into a vampire.  Then move them into an empty lot/house?

I can see the safety and the logic in your request, but I'm going to say no. There would be some element of risk of a potential spouse becoming a vampire, but you'll just need to deal with it and shift gears if it happens. It's part of the challenge is dealing with those curveballs.

2.  The scoring of the total number of objects, is that before you move out or after you have finished with the 10th heir?

You add up the value of the 10 objects left behind in each house before moving to the next house. There would be no way for you to find out the value after the fact unless you gained access to all the previous lots.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:23 AM »
I can't do it, I've tried twice already I just can't! My reason Is that I don't like playing Townies, Lol. I also don't get the 10 Unique Object thing at all.  :-\

I'll try in Twinbrook after I understand the Unique Item thing.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Gheez

• ( 'guh ease' )
  • Immortal
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:57 AM »
Ah, Metro, you are a fiendish delight.

You make things simpler:
You cannot leave the same item type in different houses. It would have to be fish in one house and say, paintings in another. But, if you're going for max value, then you'd probably be going for 10 deathfish. So, within the unique item type you can have duplicates.

I'd originally thought that each item in the set had to be of a different type to the other. Eg, ten different types of beetle.  Phew. I like this clarification.

And more complicated:
Moving to an empty lot just does not fit in with the whole Townie theme. You should be required to move into another Townie's home, so I'll clarify that.

Hmm, this may lead to shenanigans!  ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2011, 08:40:24 AM »
I can't do it, I've tried twice already I just can't! My reason Is that I don't like playing Townies, Lol. I also don't get the 10 Unique Object thing at all.  :-\

Well, if you truly don't like playing Townies, then this would be a tough event. Lol. But, don't forget — you're not locked to their traits and LTW. Change them at will.

As far as the 10 objects left behind, where are you having problems understanding?