Author Topic: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge  (Read 654194 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Townie DecaDynasty Challenge
« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2011, 08:47:27 AM »
Metro, can you have sims move into the house?

Definitely. Please review the following...

Adding to Your Household

3. There are no restrictions to moving Sims in or out of the household, except as stated below:
  • Once a Sim leaves the household, he/she may never be invited back into the household of an active heir.
  • Sims from the previous household may not move in with a later heir, either when he/she moves or after the fact.
  • The heir must remain within the household until they have completed the requirements to move.
  • The only items Heirs can move with are Career Rewards and Lifetime Happiness Rewards that they earn themselves. No other objects.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #361 on: July 13, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
The Townie DecaDynasty

Goal: Start with any pre-made townie family with no children. When the firstborn child (the heir) accomplishes the 10 moving requirements, the whole process begins again in the next townie home. Your DecaDynasty is finished when the 10th heir is in the 10th household and has accomplished all 10 moving requirements.

You said family with no children, does that mean I can play the Wolff household?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #362 on: July 13, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
You said family with no children, does that mean I can play the Wolff household?

Yep. That's the one I started with.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #363 on: July 13, 2011, 09:06:38 PM »
Since Generations only included a lot in the bin, are we allowed to edit the town to include parks built by Generations? What about upgrading Central Park or Dogwood's Playland to include the Generations included items? (Seesaws, clubhouses, waterslides, hopscotch courts, sandboxes)

"No Children Rule:" Does this include Jenni Jones-Brown, who starts off pregnant the same way Claire Ursine starts off, vs. Mia Rao and Justine Keaton where they had planned pregnancies and are on their third trimester? I really want to use Goodwin and Jenni for mine. (Claire would be disqualified anyways, even if she wasn't pregnant, because she's an adult, not a young adult)

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: July 13, 2011, 09:12:49 PM »
Since Generations only included a lot in the bin, are we allowed to edit the town to include parks built by Generations? What about upgrading Central Park or Dogwood's Playland to include the Generations included items? (Seesaws, clubhouses, waterslides, hopscotch courts, sandboxes)

"No Children Rule:" Does this include Jenni Jones-Brown, who starts off pregnant the same way Claire Ursine starts off, vs. Mia Rao and Justine Keaton where they had planned pregnancies and are on their third trimester? I really want to use Goodwin and Jenni for mine. (Claire would be disqualified anyways, even if she wasn't pregnant, because she's an adult, not a young adult)

I don't see why Claire would be out anyway. I'm pretty sure you can start with adults.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »
Jeana, you could play Goodwin and Jenni but you would have to start with the Goode and Bad household where Goodwin lives and marry Jenni in. I'm not sure if you could move her in before she delivers though. Metro?

Claire is out because she's pregnant, if she wasn't she would be fair game.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2011, 10:12:14 PM »
I've read through all the posts, but this hasn't come up. Can you use the parents of a YA child who has moved out? I'm thinking specifically of Boyd and Susan Wainwright, giving them a change-of-life baby as the heir.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »
The first named child born into a house is the heir, but heirs must result from Woo Hoo. That's why existing pregnant females are a no go.

I've read through all the posts, but this hasn't come up. Can you use the parents of a YA child who has moved out? I'm thinking specifically of Boyd and Susan Wainwright, giving them a change-of-life baby as the heir.

Susan obviously already gave birth to Blair, so it's iffy. But, I'm going to say yes.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2011, 10:55:10 PM »
What about changing one Sims Lifetime wish with a Lifetime Reward? How about modifying Central Park or Dogwood's Playland to include the Generations outdoor activities, since there was no added lots in the towns?

EDIT: What if the premade townie has maxed out a Skill? (Hunter Cotteneye from Riverview Maxed out the Fishing Skill)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: July 14, 2011, 12:02:10 AM »
Flat out, you cannot modify a town through Edit Town mode, except for any instances stated in the ruleset.
The only way to modify Central Park is to buy the lot via your sims and edit it there.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: July 14, 2011, 12:13:23 AM »

EDIT: What if the premade townie has maxed out a Skill? (Hunter Cotteneye from Riverview Maxed out the Fishing Skill)
Well that wouldn't matter as it's the two townie's child who has to supermax a skill.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #371 on: July 14, 2011, 07:01:25 AM »
Metro, since you're allowing people to move in with vampires in later generations, as long as the vampires move out on day 1...can we start the challenge with a household that contains a vampire as long as we move the vamp out?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2011, 07:04:25 AM »
Metro, since you're allowing people to move in with vampires in later generations, as long as the vampires move out on day 1...can we start the challenge with a household that contains a vampire as long as we move the vamp out?

Be more specific...tell me what household you had in mind and what you would do.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2011, 07:07:26 AM »
I was thinking of one of the large groups on Bridgeport, but there is a vampire in there to start.  Everyone is a YA, and I would move out at least the vamp, if not more of the people.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: July 14, 2011, 07:09:26 AM »
I was thinking of one of the large groups on Bridgeport, but there is a vampire in there to start.  Everyone is a YA, and I would move out at least the vamp, if not more of the people.

Yep. I guess that's fine. As long as your starting house is vamp free.