Author Topic: Prom  (Read 50667 times)

Offline cassims

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Prom
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2011, 05:00:02 AM »
It was a wonder to me that they were crowned because first of all, they had no dates, I thought only pairs get crowned. I was thinking it was because of friendliness ( the girl "April" had the friendly trait), but her brother Willard had the evil trait, so I guess popularity is not it.

As I was starting Generations for the first time, a game tip on the loading screen said that popularity IS how you win prom king or queen
It always seems impossible until its done.
-Nelson Mandela

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 01:51:48 AM »
In my test game the brother and sister ended up getting prom king and queen! I thought that was hilarious..must have been embarrassing to have the couple dance with your brother.  :D

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 12:12:45 PM »
I definitely don't want my sims to go with one of the same gender. No offense though. Is there any way to choose the gender you want or something? Reject the invitation from someone with same gender??

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »
One way, is to have your sim have a boyfriend/girlfriend and one ask the other to the prom.  If they go by themselves, there is a chance they will end up with a romantic interest and once at the prom, you can't do anything to stop the interest. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Ankaret

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 06:11:01 AM »
My Sim went to prom with his imaginary friend who he'd made real, and they became romantic interests there!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Oh. I actually don't mind, is that most of the time my little sister sits watching me play. I can barely do anything. I figure something out.

Natsuko

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
My prom experience was defiantly interesting! My sim was asked by her Romantic Interest, her brother was asked by his imaginary friend who's a boy. The sister was crowned as Prom Queen, and her brother (who has no connections outside of his family) was crowned King! But then something interesting happened, the sister started going steady with the imaginary friend! When I read that, I nearly spit out the juice that I was drinking at the computer screen! Later in their life, the imaginary friend and the sister gave off beautiful offspring. :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
Do all Teens go to prom? Because in a game I'm playing to test Generations the two teens have just aged up to Young Adults and they never got the opportunity to go to prom.

Natsuko

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 02:54:54 PM »
Do all Teens go to prom? Because in a game I'm playing to test Generations the two teens have just aged up to Young Adults and they never got the opportunity to go to prom.
I think it just happens randomly. In some of my games, the teens never get to go the prom, but on other games they do.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
Week 3, Day 1. That's my time in the game. I have 3 teens, 2 twins, Summer and Rosa, and a boy who is in Military School by City Hall's request (long story).
I have their aging days set to Max due to no Prom. I am still waiting, they are about to age up and there is no Prom on the way. Summer is rebellious but yet has Honor Roll and Rosa isn't rebellious and she has Honor Roll.Is it because they caused to much trouble? Is that a bug?
I am confused.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
My sim teen has been to three proms and been made prom queen at all of them.  I suspect the active sim might always get the crown as she is not at all popular otherwise.  I am playing on a very long life cycle so she probably has a few more proms ahead of her.  

Natsuko

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
Week 3, Day 1. That's my time in the game. I have 3 teens, 2 twins, Summer and Rosa, and a boy who is in Military School by City Hall's request (long story).
I have their aging days set to Max due to no Prom. I am still waiting, they are about to age up and there is no Prom on the way. Summer is rebellious but yet has Honor Roll and Rosa isn't rebellious and she has Honor Roll.Is it because they caused to much trouble? Is that a bug?
I am confused.
Sigh. I think that prom comes randomly. Although I don't think your game has a bug, so you don't have to worry about that. Hmm...I wonder what's up this whole Prom deal...

VampirePlasma

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.

Natsuko

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.
Glad you finally got to go to the prom. Those sims are lucky...I never got my prom, lol.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
So, I just had prom, Summer has been trying to break up with Shark but he just won't see her and I am wondering why. She went solo to Prom and Rosa went with Abel and somehow their brother, Alex, showed up at home! I thought teens in boarding school didn't her have Prom, he and Summer (both rebellious) got into a fight  ::) However Alex found a romantic interest while in there! Summer cheated on her boyfriend with some other guy and Rosa won Prom Queen when she knew nobody. That's my Prom Story, Ta-da.