Author Topic: Prom  (Read 34547 times)

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
Re: Prom
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »
My sim teen has been to three proms and been made prom queen at all of them.  I suspect the active sim might always get the crown as she is not at all popular otherwise.  I am playing on a very long life cycle so she probably has a few more proms ahead of her.  

Natsuko

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
Week 3, Day 1. That's my time in the game. I have 3 teens, 2 twins, Summer and Rosa, and a boy who is in Military School by City Hall's request (long story).
I have their aging days set to Max due to no Prom. I am still waiting, they are about to age up and there is no Prom on the way. Summer is rebellious but yet has Honor Roll and Rosa isn't rebellious and she has Honor Roll.Is it because they caused to much trouble? Is that a bug?
I am confused.
Sigh. I think that prom comes randomly. Although I don't think your game has a bug, so you don't have to worry about that. Hmm...I wonder what's up this whole Prom deal...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.

Natsuko

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2011, 07:25:26 PM »
I took a brake from the game and after an hour came back to play. I got a surprise, Prom! Rosa got a date for prom with her BF, but unluckly for Summer, her BF aged up to young adult!  :( She can't go to prom with him. I guess she is going solo. No wonder she had a nightmare about prom.
Glad you finally got to go to the prom. Those sims are lucky...I never got my prom, lol.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 09:08:26 PM »
So, I just had prom, Summer has been trying to break up with Shark but he just won't see her and I am wondering why. She went solo to Prom and Rosa went with Abel and somehow their brother, Alex, showed up at home! I thought teens in boarding school didn't her have Prom, he and Summer (both rebellious) got into a fight  ::) However Alex found a romantic interest while in there! Summer cheated on her boyfriend with some other guy and Rosa won Prom Queen when she knew nobody. That's my Prom Story, Ta-da.

Natsuko

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
So, I just had prom, Summer has been trying to break up with Shark but he just won't see her and I am wondering why. She went solo to Prom and Rosa went with Abel and somehow their brother, Alex, showed up at home! I thought teens in boarding school didn't her have Prom, he and Summer (both rebellious) got into a fight  ::) However Alex found a romantic interest while in there! Summer cheated on her boyfriend with some other guy and Rosa won Prom Queen when she knew nobody. That's my Prom Story, Ta-da.
Wow, sounds like mine, LOL! ;D

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011, 01:36:54 AM »
Does anyone know if teens automatically get the day off school or work if prom happens on a school and work day?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 09:37:21 AM »
It happens in the evening (I think it starts at 6 pm) so no time off school. I don't know about part-time jobs.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

VampirePlasma

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »
The parents don't get a day off, neither do the students.  But I don't know about part-time jobs. Maybe I could try and find out.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
Since no one knew the part-time job question I tried it out, and it looks like they don't automatically get the day off those.

Natsuko

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
Yea, my sim got demoted and went back to level two of her job. I don't think it's even worth it, she went to prom solo, and on top of that, she lost Prom Queen to the "mean" girl.
But to make things worse, that teen's family is extremely poor, and her family currently has 5 simoleans.

I had a strange glitch happen. A girl went the prom with a boy, and then I got a pop up that said "Congradulations! Mary and Paul are now engaged! You can throw them a wedding party, or if your more intimate blah blah." I checked their relationship status, and it said that they were engaged! My god, way to make me freak out, Sims 3!

VampirePlasma

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 08:33:37 PM »
That's hilarious! I would so get them married! Haha, I would love to see how that turned out.

Natsuko

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
Well they got married. But the girl couldn't throw a wedding since she's still a teen. And so she threw a destination party and they got married. And then the girl and the boy both got wishes to woohoo with each other, and that was the end of that game. lol

VampirePlasma

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
Haha. Good Times.

Natsuko

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 11:42:00 AM »
Yup, that was the funnest game I've ever played!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2011, 06:01:59 AM »
Just had my first Prom (had sent other kids to boarding school).

She returned with 4 different moodlets:
-50 Denied for Dance -she asked "her crush" twice and each time he denied her
-40 Got in a fight (keep your eyes on your own date next time)- she beat up the girl the "crush" was dancing with
+40 First Romance - she is now romantically involved with Sebastian Striker
+30 Prom Queen

All in one Prom night! Then she almost got caught out after curfew!

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2011, 06:17:29 AM »

-40 Got in a fight (keep your eyes on your own date next time)- she beat up the girl the "crush" was dancing with
+30 Prom Queen

Lol. That must have been one heck of a prom. ;D
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »
I'll have to wait three weeks before another one, unless I just stay up all night and sleep on the plane.

panakesaremything

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2011, 09:22:20 AM »
Well i think it's soooo good we've got a place to share our prom stories!!
Okay, so on the night of the prom I had this huge wardrobe malfunction!! Could NOT find the perfect outfit. When my date turned up (He looked really nice) he was all "what's with the PJ's?" so I went and go changed into a new outfit. All good. I didn't get crowned Queen though...
Still had fun! 

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
The funny part was that this is a child I got from WooHooing in the Time Machine and she didn't know anyone in town. She had only gone to school for 2 days! I love the moodlet from the crowning - "Everyone really likes me"

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »
I haven't gotten Prom yet, but my sim, Vanessa, will ask her "crush" (She went on two dates with him and did several romantic interactions, but I haven't had a kiss or anything yet. I don't think it's time) to go to prom. He will most likely say yes, because of all said above and she has been best friends with him since her first day of childhood. :)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
I'm pleased I found this thread, I have a question but judging by how random prom seems I don't know if you can help.

My teen has a boyfriend (shes been best friends with him since she was a child), she got a wish to go to prom and then when I was choosing interactions with her boyfriend, one popped up saying "ask boyfriend to prom" so she did and he said yes.

So will they just go to prom together whenever it's prom time? I don't want her to miss it.
Sims 3 newbie

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »
You will get a pop-up telling you when it is prom time.  All the same, I had problems when my teen asked her boyfriend to the prom.  It might have been me doing things badly but they got into an awful mess and both ended up going separately.  It worked fine when he asked her.  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
I just had my Twins ask their Boyfriends, the Boyfriends said Yes. Then an hour before Prom the Boys arrived and a Limo, the Girls got in the Limo and went, the Notifications told me the Boys were there when in fact back at the House they were playing the racing game on the TV.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Corgi Cat

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »

+30 Prom Queen

I had a Sim's prom end up like this one, except without the first romance. He got into a fight over someone wearing the same outfit.

I was expecting the same from his sister's prom. She was in the middle of a mood swing during hers. She didn't get into a fight though. She was named prom queen and was also turned down twice for a dance. So she danced on her own and had a great time anyway.