Author Topic: Prom  (Read 51010 times)

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
Re: Prom
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »
I haven't gotten Prom yet, but my sim, Vanessa, will ask her "crush" (She went on two dates with him and did several romantic interactions, but I haven't had a kiss or anything yet. I don't think it's time) to go to prom. He will most likely say yes, because of all said above and she has been best friends with him since her first day of childhood. :)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 04:22:56 PM »
I'm pleased I found this thread, I have a question but judging by how random prom seems I don't know if you can help.

My teen has a boyfriend (shes been best friends with him since she was a child), she got a wish to go to prom and then when I was choosing interactions with her boyfriend, one popped up saying "ask boyfriend to prom" so she did and he said yes.

So will they just go to prom together whenever it's prom time? I don't want her to miss it.
Sims 3 newbie

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 05:44:05 PM »
You will get a pop-up telling you when it is prom time.  All the same, I had problems when my teen asked her boyfriend to the prom.  It might have been me doing things badly but they got into an awful mess and both ended up going separately.  It worked fine when he asked her.  :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »
I just had my Twins ask their Boyfriends, the Boyfriends said Yes. Then an hour before Prom the Boys arrived and a Limo, the Girls got in the Limo and went, the Notifications told me the Boys were there when in fact back at the House they were playing the racing game on the TV.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Corgi Cat

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »
Just had my first Prom (had sent other kids to boarding school).

She returned with 4 different moodlets:
-50 Denied for Dance -she asked "her crush" twice and each time he denied her
-40 Got in a fight (keep your eyes on your own date next time)- she beat up the girl the "crush" was dancing with
+40 First Romance - she is now romantically involved with Sebastian Striker
+30 Prom Queen

All in one Prom night! Then she almost got caught out after curfew!

I had a Sim's prom end up like this one, except without the first romance. He got into a fight over someone wearing the same outfit.

I was expecting the same from his sister's prom. She was in the middle of a mood swing during hers. She didn't get into a fight though. She was named prom queen and was also turned down twice for a dance. So she danced on her own and had a great time anyway.

Offline malatara

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2012, 11:27:09 AM »
Oh my Gosh! My TWINS went to prom and suddenly I get the notice that they are now ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED! They both got the 2 days "first romance" moodlet. In her relationship panel, he lost the icon for "brother" and is now just "romantic interest". While he kept both!

I thought it was weird but probably just a label. When they got home, I checked her interactions with him, no "romantic" ones possible, just as I thought. Nevertheless on the relationship bar (or w/a it is called, the one in the top left corner when they are interacting) it says "romantic interest". Then I checked his and it says "sister". BUT he had romantic options available!! I tried, shocked, amorous hug but since they were both dead tired she rejected him. I sent them both to bed, didnt know whether to laugh or be shocked. In the morning they had the First kiss!

So its official, my first incest in Sims!!!

Still dont really know what to think...

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
Yes it's a bit messed up sometimes, one of mine got asked to prom by his aunt and I said yes, she kissed him there but it didn't change the relationship thankfully.

If I ever see an EA generated babysitter entering the building I reset them, which usually results in a message saying my sim at the prom got refused a dance and will be dancing alone for the night.

It would be nice if it did check relationships, so no family love interests and if you already have a romantic interest it gets them to invite you, or asks to go steady at the dance not somebody you barely know or a random babysitter.

In saying that one of my dynasty spares got an awesome husband from prom, a babysitter but as it's a challenge I couldn't reset him just to avoid it, I really liked him although he had the npc aging bug and was a generation older when she invited him over after graduation  :-\

So far i've had just one perfect prom, I say perfect because her RI asked her, he turned up on time and got in the limo in his formal gear, then according to the pop up message while they danced he stared deep into her eyes and then kissed her, so sweet. Usually they don't show up, or fail to get in the car, or she ends up going alone if I don't do the asking then I have the dread it will pair her up with the wrong person and not her RI  ::)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2013, 05:34:55 AM »
This was a first for me. My female's twin brother was getting ready to ask a girl to the prom, when his sister's phone rang. It was the girl he wanted to ask who asked his sister to the prom! I had her accept, so now I'll see what happens. Looks like her brother will be going solo.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2013, 09:54:11 AM »
Has anyone ever gotten "invited" by another Sim to the prom autonomously?  I've read that it happens, but I've never experienced it.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
Both my twins got invited by phone. However, the day after the invitation, the ones who asked them were dating someone else. Guess, they'll be going to the prom solo. Waiting for prom day to see what happens.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
Both my twins got invited by phone. However, the day after the invitation, the ones who asked them were dating someone else. Guess, they'll be going to the prom solo. Waiting for prom day to see what happens.

Thats just crazy. You'll have to tell us all what happens. It would be suprising if they ended up dancing together.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2013, 08:14:01 AM »
Their dates showed up!

Sabrina's prom: went with best friend Cheri Ashton, was crowned queen. Notice popped up "Cheri found out that Sabrina had never been kissed, so she asked them to put the spotlight on them and kissed Sabrina in front of everyone". Another notice popped up: "Sabrina and Cheri were voted the cutest couple" (or something like that). "Sabrina and Cheri were inseperable all night, and Cheri asked Sabrina to go steady"

Max: went with good friend Francine, and was crowned king. Max impressed Francine with some smooth dance moves. Francine told Max how much she liked him and asked him to go steady.

Funny thing, Max and Francine never kissed, but he got the first romantic moodlet. Sabrina got "first kiss" and "first romance".

The only bummer was that their prom photos had them in their outerwear! Rotten pics!

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2013, 04:56:05 PM »
One family I had, their oldest son went to Prom, and entered into a boyfriend/boyfriend relationship with Mortimer Goth..I laughed, that's how unexpected it was.
They had been friends since they were children, if I'd known that they were carrying candles for each other I would have started with the romantic interactions sooner.

In another family, a boy/girl twin pair went to prom stag.
She got voted Prom Queen, and he threatened the rest of the attendees to be made Prom King..he doesn't have any mean traits at all!

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2013, 03:47:21 AM »
Their dates showed up!

Sabrina's prom: went with best friend Cheri Ashton, was crowned queen. Notice popped up "Cheri found out that Sabrina had never been kissed, so she asked them to put the spotlight on them and kissed Sabrina in front of everyone". Another notice popped up: "Sabrina and Cheri were voted the cutest couple" (or something like that). "Sabrina and Cheri were inseperable all night, and Cheri asked Sabrina to go steady"

Max: went with good friend Francine, and was crowned king. Max impressed Francine with some smooth dance moves. Francine told Max how much she liked him and asked him to go steady.

Funny thing, Max and Francine never kissed, but he got the first romantic moodlet. Sabrina got "first kiss" and "first romance".

The only bummer was that their prom photos had them in their outerwear! Rotten pics!

I completely forgot to check up on this again. What happened is quite interesting. Pity the prom photos were taken with them in they're outerwear.

Offline Niana

• Occult
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
Once you get the notification saying the dance is on [day of the week], do you have to do something special to get the limo to show up?? I get the first notification but nothing ever happens on the actual day.