Author Topic: Taking Food to Work  (Read 12635 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Taking Food to Work
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »
I have a sim who is in the culinary career path. Recently she was given an opportunity to cook and bring some Falafel to work. So next time she was hungry, instead of just making dinner, I had her serve dinner. She made Falafel, ate one serve herself and put the rest in the fridge. Before she went to work the next day, I took the dish out of the fridge and put it in her inventory. But nothing has changed in the opportunity section. It still says she has 0 of 1 serves. She was at work for the full shift, but did nothing with the meal in her inventory. Did I do something wrong here or is it a glitch. If I have to, I'll just cancel the opportunity, but I would rather she complete it.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: taking food to work
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
Norma, the only thing that comes to mind is that one serving your Sim ate might have done something. Try tossing the whole batch, making it again, but don't touch it and see if it makes a difference.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Taking Food to Work
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 11:14:52 PM »
That's what I would do, too.  Try making another batch and don't eat any of it.  Put it in your Sim's inventory right before she goes to work.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:18:20 AM »
Got it. Thanks Metro and Pam. Took me a few goes because she kept wanting to eat a plate. I kept stopping her and taking all the plates to work. In the end, I ended up feeding her something else then when she was full, I had her prepare the dish. Because she was full, she didn't try to grab a plate. The next day when I put it in her inventory the entry in the opportunity box changed to deliver Falafel to work.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline douglasrac

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:23 PM »
I can't do this. I put a good falafel in my inventory right after go to work, and still the mission is not completely. I don't know whatelse to do. Any tips?

Offline douglasrac

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 08:21:17 PM »
Yes. I made several plates. When I make only 1 I cannot put in the inventory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 08:35:31 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, douglasrac.  What quality falafel is the opportunity asking for?  If the opp ask for excellent quality falafel, then you must make excellent or better quality.

Offline douglasrac

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »
Nowhere it says the quality. I will try to prepare an excelent one.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2014, 08:51:32 PM »
Can you type the whole opportunity text here?  I should be able to tell you if I see the whole opportunity.

Offline douglasrac

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
My game is in another language. If I translate won't be the exact text. But I know there is no quality there.

Perhaps is the case that my sim only cook organic things? Its written Falafel (Organic Type). All foods for my sims is organic cause he is vegetarian and ambientalist. He cant cook standard falafel.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 09:06:15 PM »
I am not sure about the organic part, but I know in the English version game the opportunity always says what quality food they want.  Try cooking higher quality falafel and see if you can complete the opportunity.  If that still didn't work, then use cheats to change your trait so you can cook normal falafel instead of organic.

Offline Kathykins

• Llama Wrangler
    • S & M Builders (TS1)
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:18 AM »
Do you have another sim in the household that can make the meal? And would that count for the opportunity? I think I remember doing that in a different household, one sim had the mission to deliver Stir fry, but her housemate actually cooked it for her to deliver.

I have a sim with the Falafel opportunity now (I'm assuming it is the same one), and it doesn't ask for a spesific quality meal.
I wake up every day planning to be productive, but a voice in my head says 'hahaha good one' and we laugh and laugh and take a nap.

anything