Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 81064 times)

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
@paperangel

As far as I know, the wildlife skill is just a hidden skill, so there's no way to really tell what level it is.

paperangel

« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2011, 07:49:22 PM »
 :( oh well. Anyway, I sold my three horses after I made my first unicorn a part of the family, and I came across another unicorn. After making friends with it I tried to invite it to join my household, but I got that infernal message again. I'm going to see if having three pets will fix it again, and then I'll update.

*Update --> Yep that did it. I cheated to make them bfs though, so I'm going to reload and double check whether or not they have to be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2011, 08:27:04 PM »
Do unicorns sleep? Cos mine don't seem to need sleep at all, its bar is always full.

Jeza

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2011, 08:34:06 PM »
Mine sleeps, but needs seem to drop way slower than those of normal horses.
Also without having the bonuses it can train withtout ever being tired.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2011, 08:35:56 PM »
Nutnut aged up with Level 10 racing, Level 8 jumping. No idea hpw, but I like it. Also she aged up witha beard!  :D Now if I could find my precious lion tail!

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2011, 08:41:50 PM »
Nutnut aged up with Level 10 racing, Level 8 jumping. No idea hpw, but I like it. Also she aged up witha beard!  :D Now if I could find my precious lion tail!

It's under the tail options. I put it on everything.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

paperangel

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
You don't have to be bffs but you do need to have 3 pets and be best friends with all of them. Other than that... ?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2011, 06:00:25 AM »
This is my unicorn, he loves loves to play in the water.

This is Honey riding the unicorn home after she adopted it.

I guess the little gnome feels safe sleeping at the unicorns feet,  lol.

The unicorn started a fire and it had the option to put it out also.  When it scratches the ground, a plant appears and then vanishes again.  I have a video of the unicorn trying to put the fire out and you can see the plant appear and disappear.  Pretty cool.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2011, 06:35:06 AM »
I've never seen a Unicorn in AP, even in a 4 Week Game. I go to HS, first night there is a Unicorn! Go figure!  ::)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

VampirePlasma

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2011, 07:24:14 AM »
It's under the tail options. I put it on everything.
Nope can't find it  :(

~*~*~

Nutnut's horn is white, and her mom's is a light cream color.

I finally got her to drop the untraind trait!  :D

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2011, 07:25:53 AM »
I've never seen a Unicorn in AP, even in a 4 Week Game. I go to HS, first night there is a Unicorn! Go figure!  ::)

I know, I have been playing in AP since I had gotten the game and this is the first I had seen of the unicorn, so I jumped on it.  What a cool item to add to the game.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline slpc04

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 08:44:36 AM »
Can you saddle a unicorn, I noticed I couldn't saddle mine and no option to brush her either. Anyone having this problem?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2011, 12:41:02 PM »
I saddled and brushed mine, so that was no problem.  Funny thing is, Honey entered the unicorn in a race and he came in 4th, even with the maxed skills and the horse that doesn't have the maxed skills always comes in first. :)

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Leto85

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »

I finally got her to drop the untraind trait!  :D

Wait a minute... You can bring a unicorn to CAS? I thought that wasn't possible for occult sims (and a unicorn is occult).

VampirePlasma

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2011, 08:14:14 PM »
Yes, not to edit it features but to edit  his coat and saddle using the Edit Saddle interaction under Saddle.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 05:21:03 AM »
And while editing the sadle, you can edit the coat too, both shapes and colors. This is just to show that it can be done:

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:43 PM »
"That's a horse of a different color".  (quote from "The Wizard of Oz")  lol
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2011, 12:45:23 AM »
I finally got my pure bred unicorn.  The father is a brown and black and white Clydesdale and the mother is the white unicorn.  This was my third try for a unicorn foal and finally got one.  He is so cute.

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »
I'm so Jealous! The only time I've seen a Unicorn is in my Dynasty File and there is all of you breeding these Unicorns!  :-X

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
Kinda of topic but not totally! How do I get 3 BFFs I have one BFF and 2 Best Friends and can't figure out how to get them to BFF! But it does seem every now and then my BFF switches! I have one Horse BFF then I am trying to get my one sim and another horse as BFF as well as I said they are only Best Friends! My unicorn keeps tell me to prove myself!

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »
Kinda of topic but not totally! How do I get 3 BFFs I have one BFF and 2 Best Friends and can't figure out how to get them to BFF! But it does seem every now and then my BFF switches! I have one Horse BFF then I am trying to get my one sim and another horse as BFF as well as I said they are only Best Friends! My unicorn keeps tell me to prove myself!

For my Cat when they had maxed relationship there was an option to make my Sim his BFF. I don't know if it will work for Horses. Also I thought only Teens could make BFFs in Sims (As in Not Animals)?

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #96 on: October 27, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »
I'm confused.  My sim has her husband with a maxed relationship bar and 3 horse BFFs (although their relationship bars are not maxed - she has the Horse Lover trait and the option to be BFFs appears before the relationship bar is full.)  She has befriended a unicorn and yet it still is rejecting her invitation to join the household with the message about proving she is a friend to all creatures.

From the information in the guide it would seem that she has fulfilled the requirements to adopt a unicorn - 3 BFFs.  Am I missing something here?  Do the BFFs have to be 3 different creatures of the 4 possible (Sim, horse, cat, dog)?  Does the relationship bar have to be maxed?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #97 on: October 27, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »
Were the BBF part of your household or outside relationships? Not sure if it makes a difference though. My sim was BBF with three horses that were part of the family and the unicorn said yes and moved in.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2011, 01:27:24 AM »
Well I finally got my unicorn!  Actually I got 2 of them...Sable (black) and Boots (white), both females.  Here they are on my ranch.

This is Sable and Neptune (stallion) grooming each other.  Shortly after this they tried for a foal and now Sable is pregnant!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: October 28, 2011, 02:33:10 AM »
Were the BBF part of your household or outside relationships? Not sure if it makes a difference though. My sim was BBF with three horses that were part of the family and the unicorn said yes and moved in.

Twinmum - you're right, they must be part of the household and BBF to fulfill the requirements.

Katluvr, I'm really qurious about pending unicorn nooboo - I had my unicorn pregnant but first foal is a regular horse, she became an adult with 9 Riding skills and her father's coat pattern but mother's dark color.  Where did you find white unicorn? They seem to be more rare than black ones. 

anything