Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 184946 times)

VampirePlasma

Re: Unicorns
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2011, 09:52:02 AM »
LOL! Your unicorn is just there chilling.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2011, 09:21:53 PM »
I just had my first experience with a unicorn.  My Sim is a Cat Person and has nothing to do with horses, but a white unicorn showed up on her front lawn!  She was able to immediately give it treats and produce, sniff her hand, and rub neck.  It was pretty amazing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2011, 01:16:06 PM »
My unicorn, Sable, had her nooboo and he is a normal foal named Ricochet.  He didn't have any skill points at birth, not sure if he will gain them when he grows up or not.  He is white like his father and has a black mane and tail like his mother.  He looks to be quite stunning when he is grown.

I also found a white male unicorn in the wild (I'm forgetting his name at the moment), so I let my white female unicorn go.  I can confirm for the 3 unicorns I've captured the male has lion's tail and beard and the females have no beard and a regular horse tail.  I'm excited to breed my 2 unicorns, but I have to wait for Sable's foal to mature so I can sell him.  I'm playing on long lifespan so I may give in and age him up via cheats, I haven't decided yet.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
The unicorn that came to my Sim's house was white, with a beard, and a regular horse's tail.  It's name is Soldier.  I have no idea what all that means as far as gender.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »
The unicorn that came to my Sim's house was white, with a beard, and a regular horse's tail.  It's name is Soldier.  I have no idea what all that means as far as gender.

I don't know for sure what the physical attributes indicate, but "Soldier" is not a very feminine name.  :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
I have played AP so much, only seen 1 Unicorn which I adopted. Then I go play my Dynasty in HS and I see the Unicorn every single night! Although he/she spawns in a rock, one time it got out but keeps spawning in a World Object Rock, I own the waterfall lot but the rocks are not on that lot.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Dolphinsong

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2011, 01:12:20 AM »
One of the unicorns I've adopted loves to roll about the yard XD Caught this lovely shot while she was getting back up onto her hooves.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2011, 11:13:32 AM »
Okey, good you've said she was getting 'back up onto her hooves' as I really was wondering where her other legs have been.

Offline Archgrrl

• Nooboo
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2011, 10:42:12 PM »
I think that we may be missing the common element between pets/wildlife relationships and requirements to invite a unicorn into the household. I think it's only indirectly related to the number of animal best friends and directly related to level of (hidden) wildlife skill. This skill seems to built by watching etc wild animals which is how you adopt a wild horse and by teaching dogs/ cats to hunt (which also increases relationship). You can tell when your sims hidden skill is high because it is easier to interact with wild animals. So although it may be necessary to have a couple of pets/bffs, I'm betting this won't help much with adopting a unicorn if your sim has lower level of 'wildlife' skill. I will test this theory out and post outcomes.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2011, 03:11:29 AM »
The Wildlife Skill has no influence. My Sim had not caught any Bugs, Beetles, Rodents, Lizards or Birds and was able to adopt a Unicorn, with two Horse BFFs and a Cat for a BFF. (Both Horses were in her household) She may have had some Best Friend Horses in the Wild as well but I can't remember. The Cat was the final part to move the Unicorn in.

Offline Archgrrl

• Nooboo
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2011, 03:58:40 AM »
I'm happy to be put on the right track if I'm wrong but I really think it might - if you have wild horses as BFF's your sim has developed their wildlife skill, if you have trained dogs or cats to hunt your sim has developed their wildlife skill. I'm thinking it'd be pretty hard to have animals in your house/ as friends without developing the skill (w/out cheating). I'm also wondering if the new sim traits have any bearing...

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2011, 04:01:51 AM »
Oh, I didn't know that Wild Horses counted as the Wildlife Skill. I only had one horse from the Wild and the Sim was Level 10 Riding. The Horses was Level 10 Racing, 8 Jumping. The Cat was adopted the day before the Unicorn agreed to move in.

Offline Archgrrl

• Nooboo
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2011, 06:13:12 AM »
I'm pretty certain it does but i'm still trying to figure stuff out. Awesome for you with unicorn - lots of fun! Maybe my theory still works? It would explain all the posts by people with animal friends who got refused by unicorns...but what you say about riding skill is making me doubt that its just wild life skill involved. I think I it could be tested by sim with no special pets traits and no riding skill who avoids training any pets in hunting and a few cheat clicks on relationship bars (to eliminate developing wild life skill while building relationship) and/or "add to household" a wild horse and see if inviting a unicorn is accepted. Does that make sense?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »
I would think that unicorns would follow the general rules of wild horses, too...so you'd need an 8 riding skill at the bare minimum.  Of course, I've yet to even see a unicorn in my game, never mind get an opportunity to ask it move in.   :P
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2011, 08:13:06 AM »
I think that we may be missing the common element between pets/wildlife relationships and requirements to invite a unicorn into the household. I think it's only indirectly related to the number of animal best friends and directly related to level of (hidden) wildlife skill. This skill seems to built by watching etc wild animals which is how you adopt a wild horse and by teaching dogs/ cats to hunt (which also increases relationship). You can tell when your sims hidden skill is high because it is easier to interact with wild animals. So although it may be necessary to have a couple of pets/bffs, I'm betting this won't help much with adopting a unicorn if your sim has lower level of 'wildlife' skill. I will test this theory out and post outcomes.

Okay, The wildlife skill has no influence on an Unicorn. It has on a horse, how easy or hard to approach them.
I did the unicorn guide with help and we came to the conclusion that you do need 3 BFFs. The wild life skill has no influence at all. 'Cause in my 3 tries my sim hadn't watch a wild horse, hadn't picked up a bug, bird, turtle, whatever. And the BFFs are directly related to the Unicorn, because the Unicorn asks you to prove yourself friend of all creatures. Wildlife hidden skill has no effect on Unicorns, however it does on horses.

anything