Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 185347 times)

Offline Archgrrl

• Nooboo
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2011, 10:28:45 AM »
Certainly didn't mean to step on your toes but if the only requirement is three BFF's, why are there several people on this thread (me initially included before I raised wild life skill) with three or more animal BFFs who had the unicorn refuse because they had to prove themselves a friend to all creatures. Had your sim trained a dog or cat in hunting?   

VampirePlasma

« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
No she hadn't. She had 3 horses, she gave her dog up in adoption a day later, I couldn't take care of so many sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2011, 12:01:33 AM »
Okay, The wildlife skill has no influence on an Unicorn. It has on a horse, how easy or hard to approach them.
I did the unicorn guide with help and we came to the conclusion that you do need 3 BFFs. The wild life skill has no influence at all. 'Cause in my 3 tries my sim hadn't watch a wild horse, hadn't picked up a bug, bird, turtle, whatever. And the BFFs are directly related to the Unicorn, because the Unicorn asks you to prove yourself friend of all creatures. Wildlife hidden skill has no effect on Unicorns, however it does on horses.

I was just coming in to say this exact same thing.  I had a Sim who was able to interact with the unicorn (feed it, pet it, rub it's neck...anything I cued up:  none were rejected) and hadn't even seen a wild horse before, never mind watched one.  They managed to get to friends before it vanished in the morning.

So instead of reporting it, I'll just confirm it.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Crise

« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2011, 06:04:00 AM »
I read somewhere that unicorn can cure the mummy's curse, however, I do not have the patience to get my sims cursed to test this. If someone has confirmed this it could be noted in the guide, as I did not see it there.

Offline Cas

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2011, 08:04:35 AM »

Okay, The wildlife skill has no influence on an Unicorn. It has on a horse, how easy or hard to approach them.
I did the unicorn guide with help and we came to the conclusion that you do need 3 BFFs. The wild life skill has no influence at all. 'Cause in my 3 tries my sim hadn't watch a wild horse, hadn't picked up a bug, bird, turtle, whatever. And the BFFs are directly related to the Unicorn, because the Unicorn asks you to prove yourself friend of all creatures. Wildlife hidden skill has no effect on Unicorns, however it does on horses.

Agreed.  I had 2 BFF relationships with 2 horses.  The unicorn refused to be adopted, giving the "you've got to prove yourself" message.  So I went home and boosted a 3rd friendly horse to BFF, went back and adopted the unicorn.

It really wouldn't make any sense (to me at least) for a hidden skill to also be part of the equation as to whether it'll let you adopt it.

Dellena

« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2011, 10:44:07 AM »
I'm doing some testing.  I have a sim with a WildlifeFriend hidden skill level of 6 (don't ask me how I know).  I have another sim who hasn't unlocked the skill at all and when the unicorn comes to visit again, I'll see if I can get it to join the household.  The sim with the level 6 in the WildlifeFriend skill was able to do it.

Dellena

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2011, 09:03:06 AM »
I'm doing some testing.  I have a sim with a WildlifeFriend hidden skill level of 6 (don't ask me how I know).  I have another sim who hasn't unlocked the skill at all and when the unicorn comes to visit again, I'll see if I can get it to join the household.  The sim with the level 6 in the WildlifeFriend skill was able to do it.

Ok, my sim without any WildlifeFriend hidden skill at all was able to become bestfriends with a unicorn and then successfully invite it into the household.  He is currently BFF status with 4 horses, 1 dog and 1 cat.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lazycrockett

• Nooboo
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 02:26:23 AM »
K I've befriended the eclipse horse and went and made 3 bbfs,  a horse, a cat and a dog, now Im not getting any unicorn sightings for 2 days?? Is this normal a waiting period of time before the unicorns show back up?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2011, 02:37:01 AM »
Unicorns appearing is a random thing. I've had games where I see one almost every night and other games where I might see one now and then and a mixture in the one game. Not sure what the chance percentages are, someone else probably knows though.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:20 AM »
Unicorns appearing is a random thing. I've had games where I see one almost every night and other games where I might see one now and then and a mixture in the one game. Not sure what the chance percentages are, someone else probably knows though.

Norma

I think someone said a 40% chance from 8pm to 5am or something like that.

Also I saved a Unicorn into CAS and a few days later I was making a Horse, saw my Unicorn, clicked it and it still glowed and had the horn. I didn't check to see if it had powers as I didn't want a Unicorn for that Sim.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:26 PM »
How in the world do you see what level your wildlife skill is on?? I know you said not to ask, but I wanna know lol. Also, Thomas how did you save your unicorn in CAS?? I couldn't edit mine. Yep, I found one!! I kinda cheated lol. The one time I had seen one, it poofed away as my guy was walking up to it, so the next time I saw one, I told him to go to it, and it started galloping away, but I hit pause and shift+clicked it and added it to my family(testingcheatsenabled true has to be on). This is Pepper while she is pregnant.

Yes I know she is deformed lol. Her baby wasn't a uni either. I tried to edit her in CAS but that wasn't an option. I just saved the household to the library so I can have a uni whenever I want.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:59 PM »
The only way to see a wildlife skill is with mods, which we don't discuss here.  ;)
And to edit your Unicorn go to Sattle>Edit Sattle and it takes you back to CAP, you can edit her fur colour and horn colour.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2011, 08:34:42 PM »
Ohhh you're right. No more questions!  ;) Ok cool, I'll try that the next time. I tried the way you edit sims, shift+clicking her.  ::) I'm too big of a cheater for my own good it seems lol.

VampirePlasma

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
Since it's an occult it doesn't work. :)

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »
Since it's an occult it doesn't work. :)
Duh on me.  ;D How many times have I tried on other occults?? Haha thanks Vamp!

anything