Author Topic: Unicorns  (Read 183199 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: Unicorns
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »
Drat.  That makes more work for a possible angle I was considering for a challenge I wanted to make.  Oh well.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2012, 05:45:37 PM »
Drat.  That makes more work for a possible angle I was considering for a challenge I wanted to make.  Oh well.

Unicorns can be saved to CAS though and retain their full powers after it. I heard something that if you edit them at all though they lose them but I'm not sure on that one. I have a Unicorn by this method who can teleport and everything but it was from another game and had all the saddles set up and good traits already etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
Unicorns can be saved to CAS though and retain their full powers after it. I heard something that if you edit them at all though they lose them but I'm not sure on that one. I have a Unicorn by this method who can teleport and everything but it was from another game and had all the saddles set up and good traits already etc.

Yes, you can have your standard pet family ready for you waiting in the bin for when you need them.
Simply place them at your house and let the sims that came with it (as I assume pets alone can't be a family on its own without at least one adult sim) move to another place.
Than you can edit your pets in CAS if you like and off you go. :)

Kitty

« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2013, 12:25:37 PM »
What is the deal with Unicorn colors in the wild.
I use the cheat to add them to my household then trigger age transition to die. As I want a white unicorn! and can only be 1 wild one out there at a time...
there's been 6 grey ones then a black 1 then another grey one...still no white one!

They must be really rare?

I know this post is almost dead but I just want to add a piece of info to it. Once you adopt a unicorn another one will start appearing in place of that one. So you can have numerous unicorns at one time.

So basically: do not kill your unicorn!!!!!!

Offline pixie095

• Llama Wrangler
Unicorns
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
Hi, does anyone know how you get a unicorn on sims 3 pets?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39:30 AM »
We already have a thread on unicorns, so I'm going to merge your quesion into that thread, pixie.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline West_Winds

• Nooboo
Need Unicorn Strategy
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:59 PM »
So I'm wanting to adopt a Unicorn. I'm BFFs with my cat, but what is a good strategy for becoming BFFs with others?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline West_Winds

• Nooboo
Re: Need Unicorn Strategy
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »
Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: Need Unicorn Strategy
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There is an entire Unicorn thread.   I'm going to merge your thread with that one.  You should be able to find a strategy there or on Carl's Guide to Unicorns.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Foxx

• Nooboo
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
It helps if your Sim is an animal lover and/or equestrian. Then they can befriend the unicorn much more easily. I know Carl has a great guide as to how to find them, but I'll summarize. A unicorn can be found between 8pm to 5am. They have a 40% chance of appearing each night and I normally find them in the fishing areas and the waterfalls. I don't know for sure, but my guess is they have a higher chance of appearing in Appaloosa Plains, as that is the 'pets' town.
You'll know a unicorn is there when you see this rainbow, aurora cloud thing between 8pm-5am. Underneath the cloud, a black or white unicorn will be there. I've heard that black unicorns are 'evil' and white unicorns are 'good', but I don't really know. Your Sim should spend as much time as possible watching or interacting with the unicorn, but there is a small chance you  can adopt the unicorn on the first night. You just have to keep checking back each night for the unicorn.
If your Horse has the Friend of the Herd Lifetime Reward, Wild Horses will sometimes visit your lot and Unicorns can be among them.
Hope this helped!
Happy Simulating,
Foxx
Where words fail, music speaks.
~Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Axthesim

• Nooboo
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2013, 01:09:35 AM »
Just a few little notes: unicorns usually appear at water falls(not all the time but mostly) , in map view you will see a rainbow appear over the area where they are, to get a unicorn to join your household you have to raise your wild animal hidden skill,  :D

Offline Sam sim

• Nooboo
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2013, 01:53:52 AM »
hi just wondering do I have to live in  apaloosa plains to see a unicorn or can I live anywhere such as moonlight falls

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2013, 06:18:18 AM »
hi just wondering do I have to live in  apaloosa plains to see a unicorn or can I live anywhere such as moonlight falls

You can find them in any town. :)

Offline TheKezta

• Nooboo
« Reply #178 on: December 08, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
I heard somewhere that they will be for adoption where you adopt horses (like on the phone) but that could be incorrect information.

You can't adopt Unicorns. You have to look on the map every night from 8pm to 5am. You can either get the Unicorn legit or you can use a cheat. The cheat is 'testingcheatsenabled true' then shift on the Unicorn and click 'Add to Active Family'. You can do this for all pets.
     I recommend pausing the game while using the cheat as when Unicorns run they are SUPER fast.

Offline readingpuppies

• Nooboo
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2013, 05:34:09 PM »
You can easily adopt a unicorn by waiting for one to spawn in the wild and put testingcheatsenabled true on and shift-click add to active family.
Inspiration arrives as a packet of material to be delivered.
-John Updike