Author Topic: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program  (Read 325505 times)

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
Re: My Horse Ranch/Breeding Program
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
Cool,  another blog to watch!  ;D

My second foal was born and so exhausted there was no time to get it to a stall.

Here's my whole horse family now. I'm wondering if I'll need to add more stalls for when the foals age up to adult? I only have 4.

I didn't get my goal of a race. I'm not sure they're ready for it yet anyway. Racing skills are either level 5 or 6 for the adult horses and sim.  Also I added a basement with pool and exercise equipment, but my sim hasn't even been down there yet. 3 sim days and counting, I'm wondering when she'll notice the stairs. hahaha.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2011, 04:15:03 PM »
Here's my start

http://magicalbreedings.blogspot.com/

There is no introduction and stuff yet but I have to sell a horse so I had to start so I wouldn't loose information.
Also I still have to check the spelling of some terms :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »
I absolutely love your blog theme!  Your new baby is adorable too!

Offline Banksia

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2011, 04:30:25 PM »
Wow the way things are going you guys are gonna need your own section on the forums!  I think you are all so clever to be starting blogs left right and centre.  Am reading all with interest.  Maybe we should ask Pam if the stables blog links can be gathered together somewhere?

Thanks for making sims more fun.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2011, 04:33:22 PM »
I absolutely love your blog theme!  Your new baby is adorable too!

I use Artisteer 3 for my blogs, I'm not a pro with it, but satisfied with my results..
I have 2 more unicorn crossbreeds, one from an Appaloosa which looks a bit like Pepper :D
But I want to make all crossbreeds downloadable as a household with a rider. So it takes a little more time to get those unicorns on my blog as well. Because I want to test every household I put up for download... (Because they have lifetime rewards too)
Creating the rider at the moment, and getting her to lvl 10 Riding skill...

Plus I love to link back to other farms :D I linked Mary's so far, if you have a link for me when you started yours I'll add yours too Simfulicious :D

MaryMarsh

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
OMG ... Lizzy ... that baby is completely precious!!!

Very cool blog. Do you feel like your ranch is taking on a life of it's own?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
Can you link outside of blogspot?  Because I am using wordpress.

The link itself is:  http://www.emeralddownsstables.wordpress.com

EDIT:  Yes, you can link between blogspot and wordpress, you are both linked  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MaryMarsh

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2011, 04:55:59 PM »
I just added both of your farms to my links.

Offline Lizzy

• Townie
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2011, 05:05:47 PM »
OMG ... Lizzy ... that baby is completely precious!!!

Very cool blog. Do you feel like your ranch is taking on a life of it's own?

Thanks  ;D
Without static needs I'm freaking out. It's all about the horses. Training, training, training, and sorting out who can Whoohoo with who, a horse can't try for a foal with her "stepfather stud".
And since I only have Female unicorns so far, and only 2 out of 4 are pretty(read pale) enough to get foals.  ::)
But it's a very nice thing to do.

I've added you too simfulicious :D

Offline Lesleyxxx

• Townie
  • Closest possible to real me!
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2011, 05:34:46 PM »
Loving that you all are starting blogs and looking forward to watching those with interest.

How on earth do you find time to care for and train the horses AND look after a garden? When I tried at the beginning everything died or the horses were deprived of training. I could not manage both so deleted the garden again. I hated deleting it, but the horses come first. I don't know how ot manage both at once.  Also very impressed in the way you're all developing it as a business. I don't think I have a business head. I just kind of go with the flow and muddle along for money. I have no idea how much she's earned as I tend to spend it on improvements [apart from a float for living expenses of course].

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2011, 05:35:47 PM »
Going to have to scrap my Ranch. I aimed to high to early and ended up with this posh establishment that was useless.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

MaryMarsh

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2011, 06:08:14 PM »
Just a few International trophies (gold ones at left). I could have taken the easy way out and gone back to advanced races, but it wasn't enough of a challenge  :-\

By marylcmarsh at 2011-10-23

Scenic is now a Champion Racehorse, with 1 advanced win and 14 international wins. His foals will be worth a lot more money.

MaryMarsh

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2011, 07:09:37 PM »
Also very impressed in the way you're all developing it as a business. I don't think I have a business head.

From real life experience, I kind of guessed it would be expensive to start up; so, I capitalized 500K simoleans at startup. I repaid that and got back up to 1M, then invested heavily in a covered arena for the Regional Equestrian Facility (now the Appaloosa County Hunt Club). That cost me 200K, which was mostly unnecessary, but I wanted to build the arena.

By marylcmarsh at 2011-10-23

The Hunt Club features complete indoor training facilities and has a second-floor viewing area, where visitors can luncheon and enjoy viewing training while completely sheltered from Appaloosa County's harsh winters and scorching summers.

Since upgrading the Training Facility, I've concentrated on competitions. Each international win nets me 2800 simoleans. As Scenic is now a Champion Racehorse, I've retired him from racing and he will be siring foals exclusively for a while, until we get the energy to make him a Jumping Star. Again, instead of entering in Advanced competitions, we'll enter only in International ones. It's a harder road, of course, but I think it will add to Scenic's prestige (and my bragging rights  :D ). LOL

Update: Scenic's two most recent foals sold for §18,240 and §18,123.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2011, 09:41:25 PM »
I think everything you guys are doing is so awesome.  I'm not a horse person.  I've always been interested in horses but never had the opportunity to get up close and personal with them.

I think it would be great if one of you could up with a project for the board.  I enjoy reading how all of you are doing things, especially now that I had to uninstall Pets.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline simlishlol

• Self-proclaimed aficionado
  • Immortal
  • U leik my horsie?
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2011, 09:57:49 PM »
This whole process is soooo cool! I'm hoping to get the pets expansion very soon, I really want to try this out! :D
When life gives you founders, you make an immortal dynasty!
Feel free to call me Simlish ;D