Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 352626 times)

Keyz

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #300 on: January 02, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »
Hi, I have "classic" problem.
When I am trying to "save" or "save as"  SIMS 3, Error 12 will appear. I can only  save the game  once - three times (sometime). I guess that is memory problem,
(Low system memory) but what I tested it is not. I disabled Virtual Memory so program was force to use RAM. I had only 1,5 GB of RAM full 1,75 GB was free.
So no problem with full RAM.

I enabled Virtual memory and tryed different values, but without effect.
I set .exe file to use more than 2GB RAM, but without effect.
I also deleted Save Games,Cache ets. withou effect.

-In description "World was built on an average PC, 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM. It should be playable on the average PC."

So my HW should by ok. :)

-Can anybody tell why this Error 12 will appear and how to fix it? I can not play this neighborhood and some people can, so there have to
be solution. It is really disappointing that I cannot play this neighborhood or any big neighborhood.

--------------------------
My HW and mods:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,00 GHz
Nvidia GTX 260 896MB, Driver Version 285.58
4 GB RAM ( I have 32-Bit system so i can use 3,25 GB)
Windows XP  SP3 32-bit
-----------------------------
+UnionCove ( installed via Sim 3 launcher.)

Downloaded from:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #301 on: January 02, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »
The only other EP I have is World Adventures, which is a huge one as far as I can tell, since it practically doubles the loading time for stuff. I'm currently on a new laptop and The Sims is pretty much the only thing I will download on here (with the purpose of playing). So, I'm pretty sure I have a lot of free space on here. When I checked Task Manager, it says 894 MB is free. I'm torn between uninstalling WA, because the family that I've been working on for quite some time has a lot of artifacts/nectars/photos, but UC looks amazing. Hm hm hm.

Check your video card.  If you are using an integrated card instead of an added on video card, that could be your problem.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

CemeteriesOfSims

« Reply #302 on: January 02, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
@Joria - I don't know if I did it correctly, but I checked to see if it was and did not see integrated anywhere (lol technologically challenged) so I assume not. It said video memory, so again, I assume it's a video card.

Keyz

« Reply #303 on: January 02, 2012, 05:11:08 PM »
@Joria - I don't know if I did it correctly, but I checked to see if it was and did not see integrated anywhere (lol technologically challenged) so I assume not. It said video memory, so again, I assume it's a video card.

If you have integrated video card, then you cannot see the card in your pc because is integrated card. :)

CemeteriesOfSims

« Reply #304 on: January 02, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »
Ah, I see. Then I guess I do, ha. Sad day. Could I still play Union Cove with that, if I were to uninstall World Adventures? I'll try it again after I do and what not. Thank you for the answers, I'll probably be done after this one. I can't wait to play in UC, if it's possible! :)

Keyz

« Reply #305 on: January 02, 2012, 06:23:09 PM »
Ah, I see. Then I guess I do, ha. Sad day. Could I still play Union Cove with that, if I were to uninstall World Adventures? I'll try it again after I do and what not. Thank you for the answers, I'll probably be done after this one. I can't wait to play in UC, if it's possible! :)

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php

"If you do not have all expansion packs installed, download this saved file and extract it to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves folder to load UC."

I guess you can play it without Word Adventures. But you will not have access to stuff from Word Adventures.

CemeteriesOfSims

« Reply #306 on: January 02, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »
No, I've gotten that all settled and I've saved that. I just uninstalled World Adventures and tried to get into Union Cove, but again its not loading. Ugh. I don't know if there is anything I can do beside trying it on my desktop, but I won't have much access to that. Does anybody have any solutions that might work? Even with just the base pack, it does not let me load the town :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #307 on: January 02, 2012, 09:32:28 PM »
My advice is much of a repetition.

1. Remove all MODS and 3rd Party Custom content.
2. Follow directions here http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,463.0.html
3. Try to reinstall.

If that fails:

Repeat Step 1.
2. Follow directions here http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,7507.0.html
Repeat step 3

If that fails:
Repeat step 1
2. Follow directions here http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,4886.0.html
3. Install Base Game and EPs in order ensuring you are fully patched
4. Lower all graphic settings to the lowest
5. Try re-installing the world before any store items or CC

Ensuring that you have updated drivers and basic computer maintenance is also key. If it has been 2 years since you last de-fragmentation and you are saying your game in running slow then well ya lol.

Defrag is important, imagine take a 10x10x10 room and having 10 1x1x1 boxes and laying them on the floor you're not going to have space to move to add anything else but if you stack those boxes ten high along the back wall then you have only used 1/10 of the space. That's basically how a defrag works.

Ok if that doesn't work then I would take a long hard look at your computer specs. Ask here, well actually I would suggest a topic on the technical help board. Give the full specs of your computer and a good screenshot of the error message and I will attempt to help you (as will other techy minded members)

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #308 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:24 AM »
-In description "World was built on an average PC, 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM. It should be playable on the average PC."

So my HW should by ok. :)

-Can anybody tell why this Error 12 will appear and how to fix it? I can not play this neighborhood and some people can, so there have to
be solution. It is really disappointing that I cannot play this neighborhood or any big neighborhood.

--------------------------
My HW and mods:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,00 GHz
Nvidia GTX 260 896MB, Driver Version 285.58
4 GB RAM ( I have 32-Bit system so i can use 3,25 GB)
Windows XP  SP3 32-bit
-----------------------------
+UnionCove ( installed via Sim 3 launcher.)

Downloaded from:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/

Hi Keyz, yes, my PC is having noted configuration. And I also get error12 but, I get it if I set my settings on higher to get some pictures and for being stubborn and not accepting my PC config is hardly managing this huge world. If I set them on low, pause the game before saving, use Save As often and clear cashe files regularly (every time before I start the game), and of course, delete .bad saves, I'm able to play and save without error. I was able to use just "Save" too and at the moment I have around 5 saved files og my dynasty file there, including 2 backup copies.
In world cashe files I noticed that Sim cashe is much bigger than object cashe, almost 6 times bigger, so maybe evicting few families would help handling the world easier.
And lastly, this configuration handled the world in CAW (which is using much more resources than regular game) but it is at the bottom of the configurations that can handle all EP's.
I'd also recommend to try playing without mods specially since your PC is having problems with memory and they are adding to the number of processes run in game, some more than others.
Beside that, use every tip you can find about error 12, including disabling background applications you don't need, authomatic updates etc - Last time I got the error 12 my antivirus was updating it's base. With low config we do have to deal with all of this if we want to play it, but it is worth the effort.

Krystaria

« Reply #309 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:31 AM »
While I have been using your excellent guide for the sims for years I've never thought to join your forum until now. The main reason for doing so is to tell you that I absolutely LOVE Union Cove.
I'm pretty much of a custom world junkie always looking for the bigger better world, but I think I have to hang up my land rover because I found the world I want to settle my sims down into. You guys did a remarkable job. The world is lush and green, the oceans endless, the mountains breathtaking. If only I were a sim I would become a castaway in U.C. ;D
I have an intel core i7 cpu 3.07 GHz with 12 GB of ram. Computer is 2 years old so my ATI radeon hd 4850 is getting kind of old but Its more than enough to run this big beautiful world. I have experienced no lag, no save problems of any kind and am sooo happy. Thank you all for the hard work to make us simmers happy.
There is only one little glitch that I noticed in the entire world. The grass on the left corner where the diner is situated bleeds heavily into the roadway depended on camera angle. But I can live with that.
Im so happy that Im not getting sims and horses and cats, etc. stuck on bridges. Thats a problem I've run into with the last 4 custom worlds I've downloaded.  :-\
Again kudos to all of you that had a hand in creating this world. Especially the homes. Ive never seen so many custom beautifully decorated homes in one world. Usually I have to go around fixing up all the houses but I was able to jump right into playing with my sim family!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #310 on: January 03, 2012, 05:22:05 AM »
While I have been using your excellent guide for the sims for years I've never thought to join your forum until now. The main reason for doing so is to tell you that I absolutely LOVE Union Cove.
I'm pretty much of a custom world junkie always looking for the bigger better world, but I think I have to hang up my land rover because I found the world I want to settle my sims down into. You guys did a remarkable job. The world is lush and green, the oceans endless, the mountains breathtaking. If only I were a sim I would become a castaway in U.C. ;D
I have an intel core i7 cpu 3.07 GHz with 12 GB of ram. Computer is 2 years old so my ATI radeon hd 4850 is getting kind of old but Its more than enough to run this big beautiful world. I have experienced no lag, no save problems of any kind and am sooo happy. Thank you all for the hard work to make us simmers happy.
There is only one little glitch that I noticed in the entire world. The grass on the left corner where the diner is situated bleeds heavily into the roadway depended on camera angle. But I can live with that.
Im so happy that Im not getting sims and horses and cats, etc. stuck on bridges. Thats a problem I've run into with the last 4 custom worlds I've downloaded.  :-\
Again kudos to all of you that had a hand in creating this world. Especially the homes. Ive never seen so many custom beautifully decorated homes in one world. Usually I have to go around fixing up all the houses but I was able to jump right into playing with my sim family!

This is so good to hear!  Oh, and Welcome to the forum!

I have to give you one heads up about things getting stuck somewhere.  Spiral stairs!  Spiral stairs are a nightmare if you have more than one Sim trying to use them.  I currently have SIX Sims all stamping their feet, waving their arms and cussin' because no one will back up so they all try to use the stairs at the same time and just get angry!  They have been at it for 3 Sim days so far.  So don't throw a party where there are spiral stairs!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #311 on: January 03, 2012, 06:06:28 AM »
I'm a definite fan of having all the skill books all at the Blue Fire Cafe. My sim went there to check it out and gained a few levels in Gardening.  ;)
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Krystaria

« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2012, 06:35:00 AM »
This is so good to hear!  Oh, and Welcome to the forum!

I have to give you one heads up about things getting stuck somewhere.  Spiral stairs!  Spiral stairs are a nightmare if you have more than one Sim trying to use them.  I currently have SIX Sims all stamping their feet, waving their arms and cussin' because no one will back up so they all try to use the stairs at the same time and just get angry!  They have been at it for 3 Sim days so far.  So don't throw a party where there are spiral stairs!

Rofl I'll have to remember that although there is a spiral staircase in one of the clubs that my sim is using with no problem. Thanks for the warm welcome glad to be here  :)

JamesW

« Reply #313 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:02 AM »
Nicely done

All of you have made a wonderful job

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #314 on: January 03, 2012, 08:28:47 AM »
It's nice to see positive reports from folks with beefy PCs. For others who are just downloading, I've updated the download page with some performance tips collected from this thread and the development board. Let me know of any big ones.

@KJSinclair: Good summary post linking some key tech articles. Thanks, I linked that on the page.