Author Topic: Union Cove - The Forum's World  (Read 356270 times)

Krystaria

Re: Union Cove - The Forum's World
« Reply #330 on: January 04, 2012, 02:50:20 AM »
If I am not mistaken, when I downloaded UC there were actually two download links at the time. The first one was for some other program of which I cannot remember the name. It was the top download choice  (top of page rather). Then there was the UC download link which was closer to the bottom of the page. Can someone clarify this for me. If this is the case perhaps the OP of the other thread inadvertently clicked on the wrong download link? (I believe that other download link was some kind of advert.)

I personally have had no problems whatsoever with UC and like I stated over there >>>> I run norton on any file I download. Its a habit and one that should be done for anyone who uses a pc.  ::). Not only does it not have viruses, its the best custom world I've ever played.

And the OP better run, Joriah seems a bit tiffed now  >:(

notsolucky

« Reply #331 on: January 04, 2012, 03:09:52 AM »
Thank you for getting our attention. I posted there to helpfully quell the fears. Simply put, if we were distributing a virus, we would have known within hours of launch due to the number of our own community installing it. UC can bring a computer to its knees, but not that way...

I didn't think she got the virus from you guys either. I just wanted to let you know what she was saying. Personally, if she was on the internet, she probably got it from something else. If shes having ads pop up, they can contain trojans and thats probably what happened to her. She should get ad blocker plus to prevent that. By the way I think your guys's world is lovely. I would download but my computer would explode lol. I have to buy a new one soon in order to keep playing my games because by the time showtime comes out, ill be slow as a turle.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: January 04, 2012, 03:25:46 AM »
I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - Carl has, quite frankly, got better things to do than upload a world with viruses on it. That and (other than danefaith, Joria and Naga, who still have Top Secret ranks), I believe Moderators were heavily involved with the making of this world. Why would Moderators advertise a virus-filled world on their forum?
Yeah, I seriously doubt the poster got the viruses from here. Besides, it's been a week since UC was uploaded. Unless I'm blind, this is the first report of anything wrong with the world besides it not loading on some people's computers.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #333 on: January 04, 2012, 03:41:43 AM »
Lost your train of thought, there, MoMoll? ;)
Didn't lose my train of thought; but, the cats were playing havoc with the X-Mas tree.

No matter what, I can't get Union Cove to work. The game says it was saved with items I don't have. So, needless to say, I can't play it and I give up.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: January 04, 2012, 04:20:15 AM »
::). Not only does it not have viruses, its the best custom world I've ever played.

And the OP better run, Joriah seems a bit tiffed now  >:(

Tiffed?  Yes, tiffed is a good word.  It's a "kind" word for what I wanted to say to that person.  Carl and Pam have trained me well.  No cussin, no violence, no being rude.  (heavy sigh) 

What?  You didn't see me?  Of course, not.  I was in Ninja mode.  No one messes with MY CARL!  (ok, everybody's Carl but still.) 

S'rsly, I had my say, but truly I get extremely ticked off when someone insults or hurts someone I care about.  So, y'all feel safe now because Grammibear will back you up.  lol  Unfortunately my protectiveness often leads to foot and mouth disease.  You know, insert foot A into mouth B.  Requires serious surgery and repair all too often.  Sigh

On a MUCH better note.  I have some tips for you who may be having serious lag problems.  We have discovered the source of some of the lag besides the overly gorgeous buildings.  There are too many people in Union Cove.  What happened was, generous builders put too many bars in the various venues.  I think I counted six in one of them.  Yes, they were for different designated areas but the end result was the game created npc mixologists to tend these bars which made an overloaded population.  So....go into the various venues and delete all but one or two bars.  Then save and exit the game.  Clear caches again.  Go back into the game and you should see some relief. 

Second tip, (and I really hate to say this but it could help you), remove some of large, unoccupied builds.  I took out Metro's Mansion and the castle I built, (tears), and that made a big difference as well. 

You could also carefully remove some of the trees and bill boards.  They are gorgeous but if they slow your game down to the point you want to quit they aren't worth it.

I think I already mentioned that spiral stairs could cause traffic jams?

We are looking at all kinds of different things that are going to make this more playable.  We really feel sad when someone is unable to install or if they install are unable to play.  So there will be updates to fix issues.

On a personal note.  I have a relatively slow computer with only barely enough ram.  My video card does not support Pets or Generations.  Yet, but doing these little tricks I AM able to play in Union Cove and enjoy it.  Yes, it is slow, and I don't think I'd want to try a legacy without upgrading my pcs ram and get a new video card, but that will be in the far, far future.  Meanwhile I'm just having fun playing there and hope you all are too.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #335 on: January 04, 2012, 09:10:15 AM »
I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - Carl has, quite frankly, got better things to do than upload a world with viruses on it. That and (other than danefaith, Joria and Naga, who still have Top Secret ranks), I believe Moderators were heavily involved with the making of this world. Why would Moderators advertise a virus-filled world on their forum?
Yeah, I seriously doubt the poster got the viruses from here. Besides, it's been a week since UC was uploaded. Unless I'm blind, this is the first report of anything wrong with the world besides it not loading on some people's computers.

Seabody, I just bumped your post. I don't want people to miss out on such an amazing world, because of one nasty poster.  :(

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #336 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:40 AM »
My word, it does appear as thought the site has earned its first celebrity star.  Shall we sue for slander?  I could use the simoleons.   ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lingeringdreams

• Nooboo
« Reply #337 on: January 04, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
ok I d/led and installed Union Cove but it doesn't show up when I go to make a new game... What am I doing wrong/not doing right?  :( It's not that it won't load, it's like I didn't install it at all. But I even did the update so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

Sarah_n07

« Reply #338 on: January 04, 2012, 10:35:01 AM »
I'm missing Fast Lane and Outdoor Living, is that why it won't let me install?
And this world is... wonderful! Don't know how to thank you!!

EDIT: I extracted the saved file to "saves", but that doesn't work. The launcher keeps telling me installing this requires some software updates I'm missing. Is there a fix for this?
I'm also patched to the latest version (1.26)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #339 on: January 04, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »
Sara, latest version is 1.29 ;)  You should be able to load new game if you only miss some stuff packs. EP are creating a problem so those without all of them needs to install the world and then extract the save file in saves folder to star game with.

If you get message that saved file is saved with content you don't have - then world didn't install (well).

1. Check your launcher, installed content.
2. Check your installed worlds folder.
3. Check main menu-start new game.

If properly installed, Union Cove will appear in all of these in some way. Only then you can use save file.

I tested this with a process of fully uninstalling game, cleaning registry etc, then installing and updating just base game and installing UC. I was able to use downloaded save file without problems (well missing bridge is a problem but it loaded just fine).

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: January 04, 2012, 11:19:47 AM »
I removed some of the bars in the bars (Lol) I redesigned some of the clubs so that the bar in the VIP section became available to all, so I mostly made the VIP section public. I don't use bars often but sometimes I do so I don't mind the no VIP section.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Sarah_n07

« Reply #341 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:35 AM »
Sara, latest version is 1.29 ;)  You should be able to load new game if you only miss some stuff packs. EP are creating a problem so those without all of them needs to install the world and then extract the save file in saves folder to star game with.

If you get message that saved file is saved with content you don't have - then world didn't install (well).

If properly installed, Union Cove will appear in all of these in some way. Only then you can use save file.

I tested this with a process of fully uninstalling game, cleaning registry etc, then installing and updating just base game and installing UC. I was able to use downloaded save file without problems (well missing bridge is a problem but it loaded just fine).
It is? I thought it was 1.26. Sorry  ;D
I checked installed content  in launcher. I don't have it there.
It's in "downloads" for now. I tried installing it several times, but it just didn't work. Er message : "Union Cove.Sims3pack requires a software update. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates."
It says my game's patched to the latest version, so I can't patch it to 1.29. Don't know why.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: January 04, 2012, 12:12:28 PM »
Try refreshing your launcher (there is a refresh button) on page with updates. That update was released on 14.December or around that date, and it actualy fix several bugs in the game! You can't install anything that is on higher patch level than your game.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #343 on: January 04, 2012, 12:19:50 PM »

I'm totally patched up and I have the same issue as Sara. So, I removed it from my game because I didn't want problems and after installing Pats (thinking that was the issue); I now don't have animals in my game unless I create them. No strays, no Unicorns, no birds, no snakes.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #344 on: January 04, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »
This World is so amazing and very beautiful. A big thank you, to everyone who has contributed :)
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

anything