Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316359 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2012, 03:59:14 PM »
How long have you been waiting for? A fresh game in Union Cove usually took at least half an hour to save for me.

Offline answer3000

• Nooboo
« Reply #226 on: November 01, 2012, 05:44:24 PM »
Is there any way to add the Beautiful Vista moodlet in a few lots of Union Cove?

Hi, guys. I noticed that in Union Cove there are many lots which, though they're placed just in front of the beach, do not provide the Beautiful Vista moodlet... so is there any way I can add them to the lots?

I tried using CAW, but it lets me modify just Riverview and Sunset Valley.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: November 02, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
No there isn't a way. In order for Union Cove to be allowed for challenges we had to keep a similar ratio of Beautiful Vista lots as in other towns. You won't be able to edit Union Cove in CAW either. In the EA towns I don't think all of the beach front lots always have Beautiful Vista lots either. I think the Dynasty Lot in UC has a Vista moodlet though. There may be a list of which ones do somewhere.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline answer3000

• Nooboo
« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2012, 12:52:49 PM »
No there isn't a way. In order for Union Cove to be allowed for challenges we had to keep a similar ratio of Beautiful Vista lots as in other towns. You won't be able to edit Union Cove in CAW either. In the EA towns I don't think all of the beach front lots always have Beautiful Vista lots either. I think the Dynasty Lot in UC has a Vista moodlet though. There may be a list of which ones do somewhere.

Well, actually in Sunset Valley almost every lot placed in front of the beach provides the Beautiful Vista moodlet, while in UC there's only one lot placed there which provides it (I just checked them all), don't you think it's a pity to have a beautiful beach in front of you and your sims just don't seem to care about it?!...
As for the competition with the EA towns, I do not agree with you: UC is far bigger than the EA towns, consequently more lots require more BV moodlets.
Don't get me wrong, I think UC it's an amazing town, surely the most beautiful unofficial town I've ever seen! ...but probably you should have cared a bit more about the BV moodlet.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2012, 03:49:05 AM »
The world does not install for me either.  I put it in the Downloads folder, the installer runs, says it was a success installing then DONE and when I check the installed worlds folder, it's not there.  I have all expansions and stuff packs.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2012, 04:05:02 AM »
The world does not install for me either.  I put it in the Downloads folder, the installer runs, says it was a success installing then DONE and when I check the installed worlds folder, it's not there.  I have all expansions and stuff packs.

Saturn, Have you done the steps neccessary to have it in game?
EA made it extra hard for all world creators so any user made world after Seasons is creating that issue. Luckily, workaround is easy and fast.
-Install the world with doubleclick or trough the launcher (which you already did)
-Go to your DCBackup folder, arrange your files by date modified and look for most recent and biggest file there (should be around 129000 kb).
-Rename that file - big coded name rename into Union Cove Seasons, and package into world. You will get notification that will change the function of the file or something in those lines, say yes to that. Thumbnail picture now should look blank.
-Copy that file into
C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed Worlds  (this is where it should go by template)
and into:
C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Base Game/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds
(in this folder you'll have at least Sunset Valley in same format)

Sometimes, settings are made that files are not showing extension. If you click on that biggest package to rename it and you don't see xxxxx.package, go to Control Panel - Folder Options - View - unmark the "Hide extensions for known file types". Then continue with the renaming and coping the file in noted folders.

That is it. Now when you start the game Union Cove Seasons is listed among worlds and you can start the game with it.

Offline chris_leo

• Nooboo
« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2012, 08:59:21 AM »
Hey mates, thank you for you worderful world. Unfortunately I have a problem: I installed Union Cove Seasons (from http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php) on the launcher and I followed the after installation guide. I see Union Cove Seasons on the list of avaible worlds on the start window of my game (I have all EPs installed) and I can load it. But it's uninhabited! I remember I downloaded the V2 of Union Cove few weeks ago, and, after I saw that also this world was unhinabited (so th same problem for V2 and V3) I removed it from the game launcher. I didn't delete the cache of Union Cove V2 but I don't think that's the reason, because also the V2 was uninhabited

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #232 on: December 31, 2012, 09:14:48 AM »
Hey mates, thank you for you worderful world. Unfortunately I have a problem: I installed Union Cove Seasons (from http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/unioncove/download.php) on the launcher and I followed the after installation guide. I see Union Cove Seasons on the list of avaible worlds on the start window of my game (I have all EPs installed) and I can load it. But it's uninhabited! I remember I downloaded the V2 of Union Cove few weeks ago, and, after I saw that also this world was unhinabited (so th same problem for V2 and V3) I removed it from the game launcher. I didn't delete the cache of Union Cove V2 but I don't think that's the reason, because also the V2 was uninhabited

Well in my game they both are inhabited, I always start the game with my simself there, and did that last night too. Carl also tested it with loaded household before putting the announcement, so files are OK.

Did you maybe did clean reinstall or did a factory reset? When first new game is launched you start tutorial that force you to create a household or move in existing one, if that is the case, go to edit town - it would as you if you want to cancel tutorial, say yes then back to game and chose household. If you still are missing households I have no idea what might be the cause, as they are in the files.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #233 on: December 31, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
Anushka, thank you so much that worked perfectly!!  I love the world it's nice and big and flat!  That's why I wanted it, I get tired of hills and dales where I can't place lots, thanks again for your help!  I will advertise this world on my site also.

Offline chris_leo

• Nooboo
« Reply #234 on: December 31, 2012, 10:44:09 AM »
When first new game is launched you start tutorial that force you to create a household or move in existing one, if that is the case, go to edit town - it would as you if you want to cancel tutorial, say yes then back to game and chose household.
I yet did it. I should try to play without custom content but the idea of that massive uninstallation isn't very attractive. I sue also the mods Master Controller and Overwatch.

Offline armikar

• Nooboo
« Reply #235 on: December 31, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »
Hi, I'm having some issues playing on Union Cove as well. I downloaded it and did all the necessary installation steps, and it appears as a usable world, but I don't have all the expansion packs (just WA, Ambitions, Late Night, and Seasons) so I can't use the world that way.

I downloaded the save file and extracted it to the Saves folder, but when I open up the game to select a save, it doesn't appear at all. I've tried re-downloading, re-extracting, and reloading a few times, but it doesn't appear.

Offline Kotona14

• Nooboo
« Reply #236 on: December 31, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »
Saturn, Have you done the steps neccessary to have it in game?
EA made it extra hard for all world creators so any user made world after Seasons is creating that issue. Luckily, workaround is easy and fast.
-Install the world with doubleclick or trough the launcher (which you already did)
-Go to your DCBackup folder, arrange your files by date modified and look for most recent and biggest file there (should be around 129000 kb).
-Rename that file - big coded name rename into Union Cove Seasons, and package into world. You will get notification that will change the function of the file or something in those lines, say yes to that. Thumbnail picture now should look blank.
-Copy that file into
C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Installed Worlds  (this is where it should go by template)
and into:
C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Base Game/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds
(in this folder you'll have at least Sunset Valley in same format)

Sometimes, settings are made that files are not showing extension. If you click on that biggest package to rename it and you don't see xxxxx.package, go to Control Panel - Folder Options - View - unmark the "Hide extensions for known file types". Then continue with the renaming and coping the file in noted folders.

That is it. Now when you start the game Union Cove Seasons is listed among worlds and you can start the game with it.

I have a question, how exactly do you change the .package file to a .world file?

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
I have another problem.  I can go into the world, play it build in it, everything and then I save it.  I use Save As.  I have 2 saves and they show up in the Saves folder but not the game.  There are no saves to select so the time I spent in the world was lost.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #238 on: December 31, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »
@Kotona,
you change it the same way you change the name of the file, double click on word package and type in world. If you cant see word .package the you should go to Control Panel, Folder Options, under View scroll down till you see "hide familiar file extensions" or something like that and unmark that box. With that option you should be able to see both the name and extension of the files and change it.

@Saturn
I had that same problem, while I am positive some other dont have issues with it I am not shore what might be causing it. There is a workaround to that too. Strangely it works.
Get a save file from any world, I saved Sunset Valey and named it Test game. Go into your saved folders, find that test saves and delete all files in it, just leave empty folder. Then find and copy files from save you made in UC and copy it into that Test folder. Once you load the game you start the game with that Test saves and it will load UC where you saved it.

If anyone have any idea why is this happening it will be helpful.

Offline Saturn

• Mayhem Madam
  • Llama Wrangler
  • TaDaa!
    • Hall of Torque
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2012, 05:59:16 PM »
I did what you said and this is the error:

I have all expansions and stuff packs.   :-[

And thank you for helping me, I have really appreciated everything you taught me today!