Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316433 times)

Offline Silviak

• Whovian
  • Townie
    • MA Dunham Writes
Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2013, 05:12:36 AM »
Is the problem with propriators specific to UC or it happen in other worlds too? Would love to solve things like that so thank you for noting down the issues we may be able to solve. For bugged propriators - I am not sure if it is possible to do much as they are generated by the game and not premade by us.

It's specific to UC. I tested other cities to be sure. I've cleaned out my game, so I'll let you know if it happens again. I always clean my files up to make sure everything's ship-shape.
When I'm not Simming, I'm {writing}.

Offline mappam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2013, 10:37:10 AM »
WHERE do I load UC to?

I just used the "double click" method in WinRar and I can't find UC anywhere on my pc???

I need a "Union Cove download for Dummies" LOL = THANKS!!
Huggs Pam

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #302 on: February 04, 2013, 07:28:13 PM »
I just used the "double click" method in WinRar

What do you mean by that? Did you doubleclick the ZIP file, then doubleckicked the Sims3Pack? Did the Game Launcher open and install it?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline lisanmyers

• Lost Girl
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2013, 01:41:14 PM »
So I've installed the pack, all good, but its not showing up at all when I try to start a new game in that world. It says its there, but it's not there for me to select. I have Ambitions, Seasons (always my fave since Sims 2) and Generations. I have Pets but the graphics are off. So my question is do you need to have the game up to date with all the current patches for the game? I don't due to I don't have internet for the PC I'm using for the game.

Offline MulMizu

• Nooboo
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2013, 11:25:35 PM »
I feel like it would be better for me to post this here instead of the main UC thread.
My game is slow.  Which would make sense because, you know, it's a gigantic and busy map.  But I'm wondering if anyone would be able to walk me through getting my game to run smoothly.  I used Razer Game Booster, but it didn't do too much.
So if anyone would be willing to help me out, that would be amazing.  Whatever info you need, let me know and I'll get it to you in a jiff. C:

EDIT: Whoop nevermind.  Found a list of compatible graphics cards; mine has one maybe...and the rest are no.
WELP.

Offline salemdexing

• Nooboo
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2013, 12:07:31 PM »
i am also having issues with union cove i followed the exact instructions on how to install etc...because i only have the seasons and supernatural expansions...so far:) but when i am loading the world it gets about half way and then crashes...any suggestions retifications etc...id really like to play the world i have heard many raving about it....also if there are any other worlds that u would suggest that would fit with the 2 expansions i have would be great..also i went nuts downloading worlds last nite and most dont work...maybe that is some of the problem so i will remove them...thank you in advance for ur time and efforts...pls let me kno if u have any suggestions or ideas etc...

(((hugs))

Offline KrisVicious

• Llama Wrangler
  • KrisVicious
    • KrisVicious Sims Stories
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2013, 05:00:29 AM »
I downloaded Union Cove and I believe it installed correctly but when I go to create a new game It doesn't show up in the list. Also there's a little box next to my saved games and when i hover over it it shows union cover but says it's part of an expansion pack that may not be installed. I followed all the directions right when I downloaded and installed it. I don't know what wrong

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EllaTheTaco

• Ella The Great
  • Townie
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2013, 02:45:42 PM »
My game crashes halfway through loading, after playing for a while, or in CAS. I'm positive it has something to do with UC because it didn't happen with any others.

Offline mimas

• Nooboo
« Reply #308 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:24 PM »
From what i have read SIMS 3 have terrible engine.

It does not matter how strong your PC is loading will be slow alwayis also lags. My friend have SDD disk 16 GB ram ets.. And more than 60 FPS....But it does not matter. I do not why sims 3 always is loading something. He have lags games saves are slow ets.
He jump from one house to city another house and he have lags for some time.
I have lags too.

I never see so odd game in HW  like this :( Who cares is your PC can handle ARMA 3 without lags?In SIMS 3 it does not matter :(

- Question is: Why do you have this on web? "World was built on an average PC, 2.4GHz Intel Core2 Duo, 2GB RAM. It should be playable on the average PC."
This is not true. With this HW IT will be Lags show and SIMS 3 with expansion ets will use more than 2GB so will gen Error and game will not save.

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #309 on: March 14, 2013, 12:35:36 AM »
Sorry if this has been asked and answered already but I was playing in UC for the first time yesterday. I love the world but had an issue with the Modern-o'Co & Affiliates house. I went there to adopt a pet and after my sim rang the bell she went down the steps and into the corner and both my sim and the sim who came to answer the door were unable to interact. My sim had the "this doorway is in my way" bubble each time she tried to go inside.
Jaymi

Offline mimas

• Nooboo
« Reply #310 on: March 14, 2013, 06:48:48 PM »
So is there any solution for short lags? like when Sim moves than he stop for less than 1s and so on
Lot of "solutions" are on the internet but this is not working.
It is like Error 12. Alot of "solutions" but only one real solution. Alot of RAM.
I have SIMS 3 with offical EP and without items from store. I only have Union Cove.

- Also i would like to know what computer people withou lags have? What what I know i almost doest not matter or you must have insane machine for this broken game.

Offline Reliant

• Nooboo
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
So is there any solution for short lags? like when Sim moves than he stop for less than 1s and so on
Lot of "solutions" are on the internet but this is not working.
It is like Error 12. Alot of "solutions" but only one real solution. Alot of RAM.
I have SIMS 3 with offical EP and without items from store. I only have Union Cove.

- Also i would like to know what computer people withou lags have? What what I know i almost doest not matter or you must have insane machine for this broken game.

The NRAAS mode "OverWatch" cleans out a lot of the garbage that piles up over time. Lag is often caused by a sim that has gotten stuck. Stuck sims are cleaned out (by teleporting them to their home) every sim-hour.

Offline mimas

• Nooboo
« Reply #312 on: March 15, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
OK i will try.
But i have only Union Cove and i lags from the first start.
So i do not know if this will help.

Offline Reliant

• Nooboo
« Reply #313 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »
OK i will try.
But i have only Union Cove and i lags from the first start.
So i do not know if this will help.

It'll clean up anything that's already there. The easiest thing to do as a new user is to just play with lag until the end of the first sim hour. If you're feeling confident with your technical skills, you can click on the Town Hall/NRAAS/Overwatch and go through the options to trigger it manually. You'd be looking for options related to stuck sims & cars.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #314 on: March 15, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
Mimas - another possible thing is that you have your graphics settings too high for the game or you have too many items in your game.    There is a limit to what the game can handle.   It's around something like 200 extra files.  So no more than 200 extras from the game - that means mods, packages, store content, what-have you.  After this number everything will become extremely slow no matter what you do. 

Double check your graphics though too.  Reflections aren't needed.  Draw Distance doesn't have to be high. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything