Author Topic: Union Cove Technical Issues  (Read 316038 times)

Hazel H.

Re: Union Cove Technical Issues
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »
I tried it and it didn't work.

Hmm.  Well what happens when you try it?  What exactly is the error message you're getting?

A lot of times it's easier to help if people know the details of what steps you took, and what results you got...

Offline moonshadow

• Watcher of the Moon.
  • Townie
  • "It's not someday, but today that I change"
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
DeeAnn whats happening is you have downloaded the file but not fully instailed it into the game. That's why it's asking you to patch the game so it can instail it. You need to be patched up to 1.29 to play Union Cove.

I hope this helps you.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AmeliaAnne

• Llama Wrangler
  • Current legacy heir, Una
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
Well, I was going to post that I tried to load Union Cove and it didn't work from the save, but I think it's because I'm still having trouble with patch 1.29. I need to just get over it and reinstall everything, but that sounds like a miserable way to spend an evening....(my patch won't install and says I need to reinstall...)

Offline StamperCat

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 01:07:20 AM »
I downloaded UC for the first time today and I really like it! I had not downloaded any previous versions. It looks better than any other world. I have poked around a bit in edit town mode looking at the community lots. I have tried playing a couple of families, (Caldwell at Treowse Manor Farm & the fairy girl - can't remember her name.) But I am giving up for tonight because the game keeps freezing and I have to force quit it, or it just crashes to the desktop. I have tried playing with no custom content and I have deleted all the cache files. I am on a
Mac Powerbook OS 10.7.3
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6750M  1024MB

I have not had this problem playing any other worlds. I am so disappointed cause I love the way it is laid out.  :-[
Is anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?
Thanks

Offline brp34

• Nooboo
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »
First of all, I'd like to say that Carls Sim Guide website is amazing.

I'm having a problem loading the Union Cove in the Main Menu. It says "Cannot load this save game. It may have been loaded with expansion packs that are no longer on the system." I uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times after reading through your response in post 46. However, I am still unable to play the World.

However, could it be the fact that each time I download the World, the file saves as a .rar file? How do I make this a .zip file? Is that affecting the outcome?

Thanks,
B

Offline messdnys

• Nooboo
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:57 PM »
Hey, dunno if this has already been asked, so sorry if it's a repeat, but whenever I try to play with Union Cove, I get that "Exception raised -
Unhandled page fault on write access to 0xffffffff at address 0x0014e4f7. Do you wish to debug it?" error (and then the game quits). I haven't been able to play with UC at all because whenever I click on it from the drop down list of worlds, the error comes up while it is loading. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and tried the updated UC as well as the former one.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2012, 02:57:17 PM »
Hey, dunno if this has already been asked, so sorry if it's a repeat, but whenever I try to play with Union Cove, I get that "Exception raised -
Unhandled page fault on write access to 0xffffffff at address 0x0014e4f7. Do you wish to debug it?" error (and then the game quits). I haven't been able to play with UC at all because whenever I click on it from the drop down list of worlds, the error comes up while it is loading. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and tried the updated UC as well as the former one.

This is a rather common error, but I'm not sure whether it is connected to Union Cove or is a general error in this scenario. I'm more leaning towards the latter, which brings me to recommending you to check out the following two threads, which might seem helpful to you, -

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/48717.page

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,5194.0.html

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lessette

« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:06 AM »
the world I have been waiting for all my life ...but when I start it up it crashes with in a few mins of being in it..I am so sad about this anyone might know what I need to do to get it to work? I really really wanna play this world.  Carl or someone please help me out here thanks all

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
Lessette, welcome to the forum :D

I'm sorry you're expiriencing such an issue, but it is quite common for us without gaming machines or without setting some things up.

First, what are your PC specifications? How much RAM do you have?
Make shore to add Sims3.exe and latest EP .exe file you have to DEP. Here is the link to wikia explaining how to do that.
Lower the settings on lowest possible and load the world - if it can play without crashing, try increasing some settings and find with what you can play (I'm talking about graphical settings in game).
Depending on how much RAM you have, you shoud dedicate more than 2Gb of it to the Sims as UC with high settings will need more than that. If you don't have that much RAM keep your settings on low. Here is the post where Keyz explained how to do this!
Turn off all uneccessary applications running in background, some people turn of internet too! antivirus, msngers of all kind etc.
Play in window mode - it is taking significantly less resources than playing in full window.

Here is the tip from Samoht too:
Just a tip for if anyone wants to try any solution they can - I solved my random crashing by turning off Verticle Sync in my NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Settings and now it hardly crashes, seems it only does due to the internet and the game being minimized.

Hope some of these will help!

ndgc21

« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
Hi there, I just want to say this is a fantastic site! I was very excited to download Union Cove, and it installed just fine. However, I am having a similar issue to Xanatos. When I choose to play it as a new game, it loads about halfway then my game stops, with the message that the Sims 3 has stopped working. I have all expansion packs installed, so I'm not sure what to do. Should I also use the save file provided? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »
I downloaded it today and it's happened again..  >:(

It always happens when I try to play a world with EP that I don't have..

It goes "The Sims 3 is not responding" and closes the program while I try to load it..

My Pc's Ram is good and all

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »
I have not been able to download Union Cove. Your link goes to something called Mirror Creator where there are seven download links, none of which I can get to work. Do I have to sign up with one of these sites to download? Several of the sites just say not available. I was able to download the first version.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2012, 05:37:48 PM »
I have not been able to download Union Cove. Your link goes to something called Mirror Creator where there are seven download links, none of which I can get to work. Do I have to sign up with one of these sites to download? Several of the sites just say not available. I was able to download the first version.

I changed to Safari browser from IE. I can download from the gamefront site but not the others...I checked to be sure.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #88 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »
Since installing showtime I've had this horrible lag, where the game goes into slowmotion or freezes. I got two showtime patches, the first a couple of days ago, the other one today, this has made UC unplayable.

My computer should have no problem with this and before showtime it worked fine, even on the highest graphics. Is this a known issue, or is it just me?

Offline kat

• Townie
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »
Hello, been a long time - a couple of years in fact - since I've been on here! I've just re-installed the sims 3 onto my computer, and am looking forward to getting back into it again! Unfortunately I seem to have *misplaced* my WA expansion, so am only on vanilla right now (although I've just ordered Generations, yay!).
I saw that you lovely people had created a new world, and am really keen to try it out! I think I followed the instructions right - I downloaded the world, and also the save game seeing as I don't have all the add ons, which I placed into the 'save' folder as instructed. However I don't have a UC saved game in my Sims 3 game, and whenever I try to load a new game in UC the game crashes on me; presumably because I don't have the right expansions? Or perhaps my commputer is simply not meaty enough!
Any tips? Have I missed something somewhere along the line?
Thanks!
Kat :)

anything