Author Topic: I need help with my single mother , please!  (Read 56846 times)

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
Re: I need help with my single mother , please!
« Reply #195 on: July 19, 2010, 10:07:24 AM »
Yes, it's perfectly normal.  Criminal Sims have to deal with getting caught and spending time in jail.
Well, to me it happened maybe once or twice for a sim who worked in that track from Young Adult to her death (which I created halfways into the Elder stage).
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2010, 07:53:28 PM »
Guys, there are romantic interactions between second cousins , I tried it and they are going steady now  :) , I wanted to announce it because we have discussed this before here and some wanted to know

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2010, 09:25:29 PM »
Guys, there are romantic interactions between second cousins , I tried it and they are going steady now  :) , I wanted to announce it because we have discussed this before here and some wanted to know
Great! Now that's another piece of information for inbreeding families. ;)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2010, 09:33:46 PM »
The original post was for first cousins, but, does not matter, personally, even though it is a game, I keep it out of the family.  To me it is just the ewww factor, maybe I am being silly, but that is my opinion.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
The original was about the first cousins and I discovered that there are no romantic interactions between them. Then Swede1992 was wondering about the second cousins, as I remember, so I decided to try it and it worked.  :)

Yeah, me too, don't like the family thing, but it's OK to try it now and then in the game.  ;) :D

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #200 on: August 21, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »
My Sim had a boy with his girlfriend, later they broke up and my Sim kept the boy, now my Sim has a new Fiancee , but the little boy got very upset, he dislikes his father and his (considered) step-mom, he even refuses to hug his father and is being "mean" to the woman, what should I do?

Offline Happytime

• Townie
  • "There you have it, there it is." ~Buckaroo Banzai
« Reply #201 on: August 21, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »
Sims behave a great deal as people do, sometimes they are jealous or upset when things change.

It sounds like the "boy" is upset his father left his mother, and is spending so much time with a new lady, his father's fiancee.

(1) Pay lots of attention to the "boy" ... only let him do friendly / nice / happy interactions with his father and his step-fiancee.
(2) If the "boy" has wants that are "mean" just dismiss them. Try and let only "friendly / happy" interactions take place.
(3) Sometimes spending time together helps! Have the boy watch TV with his father and step-fiancee. Most of the time they'll end up talking with one another, and you'll see the "+" sign, meaning they are IMPROVING relationships. If you see the "-" (negative) sign, stop whatever is going on.

Work on any activity they can share where "+" (or better yet "++"!) signs show up.

Hope this helps!

-- Happytime

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »
OK , I'll work on it , lots of thanks Happytimes  :)
I just have another question and I happen to need its answer quickly , how can I change my Sims names ? I know it has something to do with city hall , but when I click on city hall in the Map , there are only "join political career" or "tour" options !!

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2010, 07:37:56 AM »
For that boy who hates his father; my tip would be to not try to speak with the boy when the bar is all way up red. If you let a couple of days pass, the tension will calm down a notch and simple, friendly interactions such as 'talk about interests' will be acceptable easier. From there, it's simply to bring the bar up on green by interacion after interaction (be careful though so that you don't repeat an unwanted interaction too often as Happytime said).

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2010, 12:26:59 PM »
OK I'm working on it , I am also trying to avoid any romantic interaction between the father and the step-mom while the boy is around .... the problem is that they are both flirty, :D and they start romanntic interactions without me telling them! ;D
Thanks Swede1992
What about changing last name!?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:44 PM »
You can change Last names using City Hall but Names won't affect how a sim feels about another Sim.  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2010, 08:50:16 PM »
I don't need it to change how they feel , but having the same last name makes it easier to find someone I kick out  :D
Still I can't figure out how to change the name in City Hall ! All the options that appear are for working there or for having a tour !

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2010, 11:47:55 PM »
I don't need it to change how they feel , but having the same last name makes it easier to find someone I kick out  :D
Still I can't figure out how to change the name in City Hall ! All the options that appear are for working there or for having a tour !

Nice to see you again, jersygirl.  You can only change your Sim's name at City Hall during normal business hours (during the day).  Also, I believe the Sim has to be at least a teenager for it to work.  If you're clicking on City Hall with a child, you won't see the option to change his name.  Either wait until he's a teenager or use one of the adults to click on City Hall.  You can change the name of anyone in your household by using an adult.  I think.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jersygirl15

• Townie
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
Thanks a lot  :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2010, 05:35:55 AM »
I think the Parent can change the name of the child? Or am I wrong? I thought I had a Adult change their Daughters name at City Hall, I can't remember if the child had to be on the lot though.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]