Author Topic: Genie!  (Read 119287 times)

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Genie!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 06:33:49 AM »
Now, I can see a Sim getting a wish that they can't actually complete...the game does weird things sometimes.  However, the fact that he can actually take plasma packs from the fridge suggests that he has the "Vampire" hidden trait.  That's one of the abilities that it gives.  Does he have any other Vampire only interactions?  I.E. Can he consume the plasma packs without becoming ill?  Can he hunt or drink plasma directly from other Sims?  Does he smolder in sunlight?

When he drinks plasma packs, he doesn't get the nauseous moodlet, but he does vomit some time later. He smolders in the sunlight, but can't hunt, and as far as I saw, he couldn't try to drink from another sim. He still had the option (albeit greyed out) to ask his father to turn him into a vampire. Seems like he got the downsides to being a vampire without much in the way of benefits. I didn't check his skilling speed; though, as toddlers, I know at least one of that set of triplets was learning xylophone at an alarming rate.

And I've occasionally seen him very briefly use the genie run animation (purple cloud) before his vampire run kicks in. It's like the game got confused with him!

Leto85

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 06:54:10 AM »
When he drinks plasma packs, he doesn't get the nauseous moodlet, but he does vomit some time later. He smolders in the sunlight, but can't hunt, and as far as I saw, he couldn't try to drink from another sim. He still had the option (albeit greyed out) to ask his father to turn him into a vampire. Seems like he got the downsides to being a vampire without much in the way of benefits. I didn't check his skilling speed; though, as toddlers, I know at least one of that set of triplets was learning xylophone at an alarming rate.

And I've occasionally seen him very briefly use the genie run animation (purple cloud) before his vampire run kicks in. It's like the game got confused with him!

Well, it seems you managed somehow to succesfully crossbreed two species.
I recall one situation around september last year where another person was able to do that: crossbreeding three creatures: a mummy with a immaginary friend which later died and came back as a Mummyfied Immaginary Friend Ghost, with all the benefits of all three.
The downside however is that when you move the sim to the bin and back into a family he looses two of his occult traits, random I thought.

Could you perhaps test this (without saving) to see what will happen to your crossbreed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
Well, it seems you managed somehow to succesfully crossbreed two species.
I recall one situation around september last year where another person was able to do that: crossbreeding three creatures: a mummy with a immaginary friend which later died and came back as a Mummyfied Immaginary Friend Ghost, with all the benefits of all three.
The downside however is that when you move the sim to the bin and back into a family he looses two of his occult traits, random I thought.

Could you perhaps test this (without saving) to see what will happen to your crossbreed?

Both saving him to the library through Edit Town and saving him to the bin through a mirror fixed his "missing" vampire abilities. He can now hunt and skill quickly, and plasma doesn't make him sick. He does still occasionally genie float when he's idling, but no genie powers are available on him or the house. Also, his motive bars are still green, and when I created him in a new file from the sim bin, he had a normal lifespan until he stood out in the sun long enough to smolder. So, it looks like a superficial crossbreed.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  :-\

Leto85

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2012, 07:17:21 AM »
Both saving him to the library through Edit Town and saving him to the bin through a mirror fixed his "missing" vampire abilities. He can now hunt and skill quickly, and plasma doesn't make him sick. He does still occasionally genie float when he's idling, but no genie powers are available on him or the house. Also, his motive bars are still green, and when I created him in a new file from the sim bin, he had a normal lifespan until he stood out in the sun long enough to smolder. So, it looks like a superficial crossbreed.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread.  :-\

Thank you for this testing. This is amazing.

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:29 AM »
I've got a question! Can you wish the same wish more than once? I'm thinking mainly of the "More Wishes" wish...

The "More Wishes" wish gives you a single wish, which replaces the wish you expended wishing for more wishes.  So wishing it multiple times wouldn't do you any good; wish it 100 times, and you'd still end up with the number of wishes you started with. ;)

Melusane

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 05:30:17 PM »
I have two genies who had twins. The strange thing with these twins now grown up is that they are genies too but they also can burn things.
I cannot edit those twins in CAS.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
My genie just turned into a Young Adult, and suddenly her Lifetime Wish disappeared when she achieved it, instead of completing...so no points for me, and an empty box where it should be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »
My genie just turned into a Young Adult, and suddenly her Lifetime Wish disappeared when she achieved it, instead of completing...so no points for me, and an empty box where it should be.

I think there are multiple problems with LTW. I had a sim from who I couldnt change the LTW S well. I dont want to go offtopic here but it seems to be a Showtime thing.

loveSims

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2012, 08:13:36 AM »
I play with my first genie. It is a lot of fun. I let her banish a sim I don't like and she go poof! I like the perfect food and that she can clean my sim and the whole house!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2012, 03:46:08 PM »

Did they achieve the LTW?  This often happens to me when a Sim completes one, but I get the points for it anyways.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

loveSims

Genie!
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2012, 06:36:30 PM »
Today I give my genie plastic sugery! I'm glad about that because they kind of have generic features.

Leto85

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2012, 06:57:12 PM »
Apparently the blue color isn't always over ruling when it comes to genetics. Never underestimate the power of the dark side as the pure black skin color of my Grim Reaper completely got inherited by his daughter.
She got all the genie tricks as well. The same as the light blue mood bars.

Jeez, I love genies. With their powers they make up for excellent house maids with their "poof and   dirt blows away", they summon the best spices out of thin air without a single cooking skill not traits and they can banish sims, perhaps even burglers to the other side of town. They can do all that while saving up two trait slots where otherwise Natural Cook and Brave must have been added, to get those abilities.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2012, 08:37:50 PM »
I am still trying to figure out why the Genie's get the "burn something option".  Weird.  I too love the genie's. :)  I also tried mixing vampire and genie, genie over-rides.  Would be cool to at least get a blue vampire, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2012, 02:30:03 PM »
Jeez, I love genies. With their powers they make up for excellent house maids with their "poof and the dirt blows away", they summon the best spices out of thing air without a single cooking skill not traits and they can vanish sims, perhaps even butlers to the other side of town. They can do all that while saving up two traits slots where otherwise Natural Cook Brave must have been, to add those abilities.
Oh, I need to see that!  I guess I'll stop focusing on gigs and go make friends with a genie....  ;)

Leto85

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:32 PM »
If you banish a Sim, that Sim will appear somehere at a corner on your map. That explains why paparazzi keep coming back.
If you want to know the exact spot, just let the genie banish on of your own sims while that Sim got selected with the right mousebutton so the game will focus on it.