Author Topic: Genie!  (Read 119401 times)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: Genie!
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
I just wanted to add, that according to SimsVIP, there is a fourth way to get a genie.  When you give a legendary performance, there is a chance a fan will send you a magic lamp.    http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472  The genie section is a little more than half way down.  Just wanted to point it out incase it needs to be added to the guide.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »
I just wanted to add, that according to SimsVIP, there is a fourth way to get a genie.  When you give a legendary performance, there is a chance a fan will send you a magic lamp.    http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472  The genie section is a little more than half way down.  Just wanted to point it out incase it needs to be added to the guide.

We're aware of this.  But until someone successfully does this here, we consider this information to be unconfirmed.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I have a female genie gotten at the catacombs.  She has had two babies.  They both are human colored but have the blue lines for their needs.  The toddler just grew up to child and she has the power to clean the baby from another room.  I was bummed that they weren't blue though.  It is fun playing with the genie.  I just bought a lamp so I will be getting another one.  I am tired of toddler training but it is fun to see what they do.  My first one did absolutely nothing as far as play or learning skills.  When she had nothing to do she played with the stuffed toy in her inventory.  She NEVER touched another skill object or toy and I had them all over.  I wish I had deleted the stuffed toy from the inventory to see what she would have done.  I have NO idea where that stuffed toy came from as I never put it in the inventory.  She had it when she aged up from baby to toddler.  A family of genies sure would be fun. 

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »
I am tired of toddler training but it is fun to see what they do.  My first one did absolutely nothing as far as play or learning skills.  When she had nothing to do she played with the stuffed toy in her inventory.  She NEVER touched another skill object or toy and I had them all over.  I wish I had deleted the stuffed toy from the inventory to see what she would have done.  I have NO idea where that stuffed toy came from as I never put it in the inventory.  She had it when she aged up from baby to toddler.
Do you have Generations?  It sounds like your toddler had the Imaginary Friend Doll. 

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 11:34:23 AM »
Oh yes I do have Generations. I had no idea there even was an imaginary doll.  LOL  I haven't played with the toddlers much this last year or so.  I bet that is it.  That is ALL she wants to do.  She plays with that and NOTHING else and sings and sings.  Its cute but now she is way behind.  I decided to just let her do her thing and see what happens.  Plus I've been trying to get genies so it was easy to ignore her and let her play.  She has the artistic trait so I expected her to do something!  The second genie baby is doing the same thing.  She is new to toddler though so maybe she will move on.  LOL

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 05:17:56 PM »
Oh yes I do have Generations. I had no idea there even was an imaginary doll.

The Imaginary Friend Doll is something your sim child can play with throughout childhood, and the friend can even be brought to life and made into a real sim under certain circumstances.  The imaginary friend is the "occult" creature for Generations, like vampires for Late Night or genies for Showtime.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
Has anyone had a problem using their lamp while in a foreign country? My Sim in Egypt can't interact with the lamp. I thought a Genie would fit in so nicely there, but no luck in being able to summon one.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 07:02:03 PM »
Has anyone had a problem using their lamp while in a foreign country? My Sim in Egypt can't interact with the lamp. I thought a Genie would fit in so nicely there, but no luck in being able to summon one.

Never tried but yeah, they should fit in there. Unbounded genies can travel I assume?
Some species are perhaps banned from travelling, just as all controllable pets up till now.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
Never tried but yeah, they should fit in there. Unbounded genies can travel I assume?
Some species are perhaps banned from travelling, just as all controllable pets up till now.

I'm using the traveler mod but the only interaction I'm using it for is to change my Sim's hometown to a foreign city. I freed two genies in Sunset Valley before traveling (and stored them in my library just in case). My Sim and his two genie buddies made a successful trip to relocate to China. I'll keep you posted as to how it goes.

oLOSim

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
my Jeanie daughter (child age) was able to transmogrify seeds on the ground (turned them into standard flame fruit). Now that she is a teen I`m not sure she still can, but ,geee, these Genie sims are fun and so convenient.
Apart from Wohoo-ing with an occult rumours , this sims finally found his family :D

:)
PS: She still can transmogrify seeds .

Leto85

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:05 PM »
my Jeanie daughter (child age) was able to transmogrify seeds on the ground (turned them into standard flame fruit). Now that she is a teen I`m not sure she still can, but ,geee, these Genie sims are fun and so convenient.
Apart from Wohoo-ing with an occult rumours , this sims finally found his family :D

:)
PS: She still can transmogrify seeds .

Welcome to the forum!
Is transforming fruit to flame fruit also a genie function? I've never saw it with my own and I'm pretty sure your Sim must have the Pyromaniac hidden trait. Father or mother perhaps at level 10 in the Firefighter career if you have Ambitions, or was one of the parents a NPC firefighter before?

oLOSim

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »
hey Leto85 - the mother indeed has  that very trait and originally wanted to go all out firewoman.
Interesting how those hidden traits interact with new content :D nice info cheers

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2012, 11:09:55 AM »
Is it normal to get Genie moodlets when you don't have a lamp? My sim's son didn't get on the bus for school and when his step-father scolded him, he took the metro to school. When he arrived he had a moddlet about birds singing and it said it was from a Genie.

Melusane

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2012, 11:58:24 AM »
My genies' sons are both pyromaniacs. They were born to regular genies getting out of a lamp.

And yes, genies are great travellers with World Adventures! No need for showers in a box  ;D. And pyromaniac is a good trait too as they are never wet and they don't mind fire.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2012, 08:04:12 PM »
I used to Genie to bring in some outside help with upgrading my new home. I had just built the home and had few items to upgrade to self cleaning.
I knew a sim that worked in the military and thought he might have the handiness skill so I had my genie Ensorcel him. That added to my household for 4 hours.
I checked and he did have handiness of level 7.
I gave him 2 items to upgrade to self cleaning and even tho the ensorcel wore off before he finished the first item the second item was still in his queue. So he still finished the first item and went over and done the second item before he left. :)
He done the bathroom sink and toilet while I done the shower and kitchen sink.
While he was under my control he even got a skill jump in handiness so it helped him too.
Nothing like getting free help around the house.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything