Author Topic: The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed  (Read 30993 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Centari Legacy - Bad Seed
« on: September 10, 2014, 09:52:27 AM »
Welcome to the Centari Legacy!  This attempt will almost certainly end up breaking rules somewhere along the way, considering it's a brand new game.  But, what better way to learn the ropes than to do something with a structure.

Because the Sims 3 has been so buggy for me, I'm going to retire all of my partially completed stories to focus on this one.  Maybe I'll return to them someday, but not until computer tech improves to the point where I can play for more than five minutes without a crash.

This post will include the family tree (once it's relevant) and chapter links. 

There is no gender or birth order restriction for succession, but only traditionally born children qualify.  On a loose basis, those who achieve their childhood aspirations have a much higher chance of being the heir. 

I'm stealing this entire set-up from saltpastillen's Aurora dynasty.  It's very well organized and I like it.  Thanks salty :)

Generation One - Celeste

- Chapter One - Mission Launch
- Chapter Two - Clarifying Courtship
- Chapter Three - SOS
- Chapter Four - The Birthday Ritual
- Chapter Five - En Famille

Generation 2 - Astrid
- Chapter Six - The Lingering Nature of Death
- Chapter Seven - Flying Time
- Chapter Eight - Dear Mama

Generation Three - Estella
- Chapter Nine - Bad Seed

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Stats Pages, etc. (No Post Yet)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 09:56:25 AM »
Family Members, Stats, and Scoring

The Centari Family

Generation 1

Founder: Celeste Centari
Traits: Genius, Outgoing, Bookworm (Ambition Trait: Gregarious)
Aspiration: Friend of the World - Incomplete
Maxed Skills: Charisma, Logic
Career: Astronaut (Level 10)
Dates:
Parties: Wedding (silver)
Life Extension: yes
Rewards: Speed Reader

Spouse: Davon Lincoln Centari
Traits: Goofball, Foodie, Clumsy
Aspiration: Master Chef (incomplete)
Maxed Skills:
Career: Chef
Dates: 1 (gold)
Parties: 1 (silver)
Life Extension: yes

Child: Nebula Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid (incomplete)
Maxed Child Skills:
Grade School: B
High School:  C
Traits: Bookworm, Good, Insane
Aspiration: Master of Mischief
Maxed Skills:
Career: Criminal
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child: Astrid Centari - heir
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (complete)
Maxed Child Skills: Creativity
High School:  A

Generation 2 - Astrid Centari
Traits: Geek, Outgoing, Bro, Creatively Gifted, (Ambition Trait - Business Minded)
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Maxed Skills: Painting
Career: Painter
Dates: 1 - Silver
Parties:
Life Extension:
Rewards: Creative Visionary

Spouse: Thaddeus Rector Centari
Traits: Evil, Genius, Ambitious
Aspiration: Friend of the World
Skills:
Career: Spy
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child: Estella Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Whiz Kid (compete)
Maxed child skills: Mental
Grade School: A
High School:  B

Child: Europa Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Social Butterfly
Maxed Child skills:
High School: 
Traits: Genius, Snob, Bro
Aspiration: Bestselling Author

Child: Callista Centari
Childhood Aspiration: Artistic Prodigy (Completed)
Maxed Child skills: Creative
High School: D
Traits: Genius, Materialistic, Foodie
Aspiration: Painter Extraordinare
Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension: 

Generation 3 - Estella Centari
Traits: Evil, Self-Assured, Lazy, Mentally Gifted
Aspiration: Mansion Baron
Maxed Skills: Painting
Career: Painter
Dates: 1 - Gold
Parties: 2 - Silver
Life Extension:
Rewards:

Spouse: Brady
Traits:
Aspiration:
Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:

Child:
Maxed Child skills:
Grade School:
High School: 
Traits:
Aspiration:
Maxed Skills:
Career:
Dates:
Parties:
Life Extension:
--------------------------------------------------

Scoring:

Completed aspirations:

Completed Child aspirations:

Maxed careers:

Maxed Teen careers:

Completed collections:

Memorials:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Mission Launch
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:28:28 AM »
**Mission Dispatch - 001** This is total bull.

I trained for years.  Years!  For this.  For ... this standalone bathroom on a hill with a child's bed and a refrigerator that isn't plugged into anything.  Never mind suddenly having taste buds and limbs and all this disgusting human hair.  What did I sign on for? 

Training said this body would react to deep breathing.  Breathing.  Well, that's pleasant enough I suppose.  No.  I can still see the hovel.  It's no good.

Well, at least they did a good job with the body.  Of course it lacks all of the elegant beauty of my natural race.  Centarians are beautiful orbs of light and elemental fire.  None of this lumbering nonsense.  But we couldn't allow the Green Ones to colonize the simsverse unabated. 

I'm here more as a spy than an outright opponent.  Chosen for my gregarious nature and passion for simlish culture.  The emergency exit device is in my personal inventory disguised as a suit of armor.  I've got it safely in a vault with the local bank.  No sense leaving it out for my descendants to mistakenly sell or put on display with the possibility of zapping one of our children back to Centari.  No no, best keep it locked away.

I have found that the color blue is pleasing to me in this form.  Very pleasing indeed.  I also enjoy my reflection.  With human facilities, I can see why these features are considered attractive.  It's a very strange sensation.  Now to adjust to this whole idea of genders.

In the meantime.  I guess this is home. **Close Dispatch.  I'll manage**

**Mission Dispatch 002** - Joys of Nourishment

I woke this morning feeling very unpleasant.  My first true hunger pangs!  It's nothing at all like the simulation.  Grog should get on that.  I know we can simulate better.  Well, my true report is what it is like to eat something the primal way, through the gullet. 

It. Is. Divine.

Truly this might be the best part of being human.  I even forgot that I'd slept in a den of mosquitos for a while.  Just lovely.

As discussed, I have joined the astronaut profession.  As a natural genius and miles above those of the true sim race, I have quickly progressed to a promotion in my first day.  This will not be a challenge and with enough tenacity, I'll be able to make reports in person shortly.

My primary objective has been finding a mate.  Earth men are a truly enraging species.

First, I learned a game called chess.  It is an excellent social magnet and pleases my intellectual desires.

I am engaged with an Earthperson named Meredith.  I must remind myself that she is female and cannot provide me with children for this project.  Sadly.  However, we are becoming fast friends.  The male is Asa.  I thought him a fine prospect.

He turned out to be a lazy slob.  No thank you.

Then there were these two:

The handsome one is evil.  Probably not best.  The other one seemed promising enough.  He had the genius trait so I invited him over to stare at my bathroom.

I tried to explain to him the wonders of Froot Loops, but he just started talking about how attractive he finds women who are annoyed.  That was when I realized he was quite mean.

"Why would you upset someone for personal pleasure?" I demanded.

"Are you upset?" he said, excited.

What a waste of intelligence.

It kept going.  There was the gloomy glutton.

The bro.

The perfect one who was a townie and thus ineligable as a possible Green One in disguise.  Darn you, Chester!  I did like you.

The one I was attracted to who remained stubbornly female.

And worst of all, the well-traited ... teenager!

I was ready to give up.  I'd never felt such things before in my very long life.  Rage, mission control.  Rage is most unpleasant.

At least I still had the experience of eating.  Admittedly, it is an escape.

I won't bore you with the particulars, but after a few trips to venues who seem to be primarily focused around athletic writhing to tempered sounds and consuming beverages that make you feel ill, I met Davon.  Single, townie, and mercifully not obnoxious. 

Upon finding out he was a foodie, I knew this was the one.  He flirted with me too, quite of his own accord!  Of course, we were interrupted by Chester coming to knock on the bathroom, even though I was sitting right there.  We need not feel threatened by Simlish intellect.

I convinced Davon to move in.  I will romance him according to our training lessons in short order.  In the meantime, I used the substantial money he brought on to build a house in that pleasing hue.

Davon knows I am ... unusual.  He is excited to show me all the things he knows how to cook.  I confess I am excited to eat it.  All of it.

Why, I might even begin to feel for him something akin to probing.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:49:17 PM »
Great start!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 02:00:54 PM »

Yay for a new Tilia legacy! I feel like your founder is exploring the world of Sims 4 just as much as we players are.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 02:26:21 PM »

The handsome one is evil.  Probably not best.  The other one seemed promising enough.  He had the genius trait so I invited him over to stare at my bathroom.

I tried to explain to him the wonders of Froot Loops

This part made me giggle so much! I really like your premise and your tone. Looking forward to reading more!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »
Absolutely delightful and hilarious, you certainly know how to write a fascinating character...the fact that blue is also my favorite color has nothing to do with my adoration for her.  None at all.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - Clarifying Courtship
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 10:37:18 PM »
Lol - probing  :P

Hey, that's alien intimacy right there.

Great start!

Yay, I'm so glad you're reading!  Thanks :)

Yay for a new Tilia legacy! I feel like your founder is exploring the world of Sims 4 just as much as we players are.

For sure.  Wait until you see the wedding weirdness.  I did not see that particular glitch coming.

This part made me giggle so much! I really like your premise and your tone. Looking forward to reading more!

It was pretty funny in game.  As was Chester showing up and knocking on the bathroom, ignoring Celeste entirely sitting three feet from him.

Absolutely delightful and hilarious, you certainly know how to write a fascinating character...the fact that blue is also my favorite color has nothing to do with my adoration for her.  None at all.

Thank you!  I'm really enjoying my backstory on her.  It somehow suits the way she behaves.

--------

**Mission Dispatch - 009**  In which I learn about patience.  And cookies

Apparently I must first build a romantic relationship with Davon before he will share a bed with me.  This is most irrational.  So I've bought an additional one until he gets over this puritanical nonsense.  It isn't that bad.  He has been cooking the most wonderful things for me.

I suppose that's the way to placate me.  I find myself telling Meredith every little detail of the plan.  She's in on it now.  What I am, I mean.  She's not a housed townie, so I can trust her. 

She did recommend that I start jogging to counteract all of the things I've been consuming.  This is most interesting and should be noted for study in the physics department.  Make a note.  Thermodynamics applies to a unit called "calorie."  Calorie is an evil thing that comes from only the happiest tastes.

Mercifully, jogging is quite refreshing.  Or was once I learned about sports bras.  I would explain, but I've recently learned how embarrassment feels and don't care to stimulate it.

We've started a very small, very unpolished garden in the side yard.  It will provide ingredients for Davon and microscopic samples for me.  It also gives me pleasant sensations to watch him harvest fruit.  I couldn't say why.

I suspect he is interested and plotting action, but my sense of perception is not yet fully developed.  I'm not sure I enjoy being stared at.

I began to worry that I would submit to Meredith's charms before we ever got to a point in which flirtation seemed appropriate.  She is, after all, my perfect man.  Except she's not one and can't turn into one at will.  Most inconvenient.

I've been killing time by learning how to manipulate human inventions.  There is much room for improvement.

Finally, finally, the first move happened one morning over a discussion about a special breakfast treat.

I felt so flushed and warm.  I didn't think it could get any better.  And then I remembered why I'd chosen him.

I never stood a chance.

-----

**Mission Dispatch - 012** - Ritual observation of cake

Davon and I have been an official item since the cookie day.  He has promised me that I may have many types of cookies throughout my life.  This has given me flutters and caused many more jogs.

He has been promoted twice in the chef career and our garden is evolving ever so slowly.  I have included several microscopic slides for your review.  I also included a picture of Davon, in case anyone is curious.

The first true act of committed romance is often the touching of mouths.  It is not an eating thing, but is just as nice.  I quite like the taste of Davon almost as much as that of parfait!

The physical act of love is quite humorous.  I will say it was thoroughly enjoyable and not much else.  Actually, you know the feeling when you manifest a tentacle to investigate an unknown element?  It is better than that.

Over enough time, Davon proposed "making it official."  What this means is giving me expensive gems wrapped in rare metals in front of people we know.  That doesn't sound so bad.

It also just so happens it involves something the humans call "cake."  Well, it's difficult to explain just how happy that made me.

It was strawberry.

When the big day arrived, our guest Nina showed up at the party in my wedding gown.  There was no explanation for this.  She didn't seem abashed at all.  I was taken to understand the wearing of a white gown was symbolic and rather important, but if it makes Nina happy, I don't begrudge her that.  I suppose.

So, I got married in my every day dress.  No matter.  I quite like blue.

I believe I somewhat have ownership of Davon now.  He wears my shackle and I wear his.  Finger shackles.  They are pretty and I am, I confess, completely smitten with physical contact.

What I consider the most important part of this ceremony and the one we may consider integrating into our own culture is the sharing of sustenance.  I'm sure this is symbolic of ... becoming one flesh.  Or something.

I had to go to work.  In the end it was a silver medal wedding.  Davon held well with my friends.  Apparently he is cute when he's angry.  And double fisting booze.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
Re: The Centari Legacy - Clarifying Courtship
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 12:01:43 AM »
I really enjoy this! Excited to see where it goes from here. I enjoy how she's an alien so she doesn't quite get it.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Centari Legacy - SOS
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »
I really enjoy this! Excited to see where it goes from here. I enjoy how she's an alien so she doesn't quite get it.

I'm finding it a charming experience playing Celeste.  Glad you like her too!

--------

**Mission Dispatch - 120** SOS  Please Extract me.  EMERGENCY**

Things were going so well.  I was climbing along steadily in my career, as was Davon.  We were both in great shape.

He kept cooking beautiful things and I kept jogging.  Our tiny fruit garden reached "very nice" quality.  And then suddenly, it all went wrong.  It started during my morning jog on Wednesday.  Perhaps I had misunderstood Calorie.

Yes, that is a definite gain in body size.  Not to worry.  I can exercise it away.  Except suddenly I couldn't get through a whole work out without needing to expel my recent consumption matter through the mouth.  Very, very unpleasant.  Do not recommend.

I tried to ignore it.  I did.  But how could I?  I was becoming unappealing.  Lumpy.  Fat.

For a brief moment I thought, well, perhaps this is my destiny.  It certainly allows for more enjoyment of Davon's creations.  I took an item called grill-ed cheese and sat near my husband while he took a nap.  That was when I felt it.  A parasitic invasion moving inside me.

"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I cried.

"Celeste?  Baby, what's wrong?"

"I'm dying," I said, trying not to sob.

Then the oddest thing happened.  As I explained my symptoms to my beloved, he began to smile, tears glittering in the corners of his eyes.  It was then that I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food.

Terrified for my life, I allowed him to kiss me and depart for his day's work.  I think I need an emergency extraction, mission control.  But I do not know if I'm contagious.

**Mission Dispatch - 021** Last Will and Testament

I have come to the conclusion that Davon is just supporting me in my final days alive.  I knew I would die as a human, I just didn't expect it so soon.  It is my utmost regret that I have failed in this mission.  When I feel the beast within me move, I always tell my husband.  He expresses what might be mistaken for joy, which frightens me on occasion, still.

I hear your silence, mission control.  I understand your choice.  I have a few comforts left to me as my life expires, and a helper to try to calm the parasite when it attacks me.

Davon has hired contractors and built an additional room on the house.  I suspect he will house his new wife here until she is comfortable sharing his bed.  I am trying not to grow jealous, but the thought does irk me, I confess.

In the dead of night tonight, the pains began.  This is the end, mission control.  It has been an honor.

A woman in a pink frock from social services delivered a deceptively small coffin for me to die in.  Presumably I will shrink at the moment of expiration.  I am ready.

Please care for Davon for me.  Fare thee well.

Dispatch Ended

**Mission Dispatch - 022 ** False Alarm

Please disregard my last two missives.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
New Tilia story?!! :D

And:

A woman in a pink frock from social services delivered a deceptively small coffin for me to die in.

I needed something to pick my mood up while I finish up college homework.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 09:39:04 PM »
Wow, I really loved this chapter ;D I was laughing the whole way through! Welcome little baby!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 09:40:02 PM »
"I suspected he'd fed me the parasite in my food"...scared my cat laughing.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 09:53:12 PM »
Cute, Tilia; very cute!