Author Topic: The Jones Random Town Jump: Complete  (Read 233641 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 70 - Pink and Redheads"
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2015, 12:28:00 PM »
She's gorgeous! I wouldn't mind looking like that in RL! There's just something about her, it shines from within... *has a slight girl-crush on Nectar*

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #616 on: April 21, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard due to inactivity.

Original Storyboard:  Sims 3 Project Stories

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #617 on: November 21, 2016, 01:26:34 AM »
And it's back! :) I've been playing heaps lately and now I'm a full generation ahead. New chapter coming straight away.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 71 - Grave Matters"
« Reply #618 on: November 21, 2016, 01:40:47 AM »
Chapter 71 – Grave Matters

“Oh no! Not my husband!”
“Wah, not Dad!”
“GERARD, WHYYYYYY? I WILL TRAVEL TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH TO BRING YOU BACK!”

Geez Joaquin, you barely knew the guy! Why are you popping a wish to resurrect him?

Joaquin kindly summons Nectar’s favourite food to comfort her. As you can see, he’s been moving up the Medical career, passing through progressively less awful shades of scrubs as he ascends. I like the green, although it makes me want to photoshop in a different body and background for him.

Speaking of Joaquin, I’ve been wrestling with a decision for a while. As I’ve mentioned, household space is precious, and I don’t want too many Sims taking up my valuable baby-making room. But at the same time, certain Sims demand a place in the home, and in our hearts. So with Joaquin depressed and the twins popping wishes to see ghosts every other day, I find a space in the garden for a very special tombstone. It quickly acquires a mourner…

“Noo, not Stella! How can I live when you’re gone?”

“STELLA! I missed you so much! We can be floaty and sparkly together now, hooray!”

And they all lived(?) happily ever after. I like this compromise. Ghost Stella shall now hang around for the rest of the story. Speaking of ghosts…

“Muuum, your boss is floating!”

PEONY! What did you do?!

“This is boring. What else is on?”

Gah, a man is dying! Don’t you have any deeper thoughts?

“Hmm, this appears to be upsetting my family. If only I had such power…”

…Oh, fine. If that’s how you want to spin things than Empress of Evil it is.

Oh and Marigold has the same wish. I guess they can both be Empress. Fun!

“Arrgh! Marigold!”
“Hahaha! Calm down granny, it’s just a joke!”

I don’t really see Marigold as a leader though. Her sister is the weirdo mastermind, but Marigold’s charming and sneaky. Speaking of which:

Peony becomes a Loner and Marigold becomes Charismatic, which perfectly fits how I already saw them. But more importantly, now the girls are old enough to date! It’s time to narrow down some options, and that can only mean one thing:

No, not dating advice from Stella. What I actually meant:

Weekday slumber party! Look how many boys there are! Here’s just a small sample representing the Parrot, Bird, Marshall, and Miller families. (Spoilers, I’ve played ahead and both future husbands are at this party ;) ).

And here’s Cousin Kory (yes, Preston and Cynthia’s kid) having a nice time with Marian Darnell, one of the few girls attending. I included this picture purely because the two of them are adorable. Geez Kory, for a Loser I think you’re doing quite well for yourself!

And we have attraction! Peony has chemistry with Carlo Marshall, Randall Shepherd, and Tristan Miller. Wow, for a scary Loner she’s surprisingly popular!

Then again, Carlo’s a bit odd. He’s got the Evil trait and just a touch of Arlo-face.

Marigold also has chemistry with Carlo Marshall. Interesting. There’s a few different options here, so here’s my decision; I’ll give it a week and see who asks the girls to the dance. Will Carlo be forced to make a choice, or will somebody else come in from left field?

“Anyone ask you out?”
“Nope. You?”
“Nuh-uh. That backfired.”

Oh dear. Onto plan B. Let’s see if they pick up anyone at the dance itself.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #620 on: November 21, 2016, 11:22:20 PM »
Pinch me, I'm dreaming! And maybe 2016 will turn out to be a weird fever dream too.

Hmmm...maybe Peony is the evil face of their movement and Marigold calls the shots. Teamwork!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #621 on: November 21, 2016, 11:58:50 PM »
Yay! They're back! :D

I know right? Thanks for sticking around. :)

Pinch me, I'm dreaming! And maybe 2016 will turn out to be a weird fever dream too.

Hmmm...maybe Peony is the evil face of their movement and Marigold calls the shots. Teamwork!

Yeah, it's been a pretty crazy year. Hope you're doing OK <3 . And I like the idea of complementary leaders! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 72 - I Scream (double update)"
« Reply #622 on: November 22, 2016, 01:10:09 AM »
Chapter 72 – I Scream (double update)

Success! Despite the many, many fights (and getting rejected by mysterious other partners), Marigold manages to snag herself a love interest. This is Ben Parrott. He’s thrilled, really! That’s just his face.

And Peony hooks up with Tristan Miller and becomes Prom Queen.

Aww, simultaneous first kisses. It’s interesting seeing which wishes the girls pop. Marigold just wants to make out, the little flirt. Peony on the other hand…

“I want us to be besties! I wanna learn your traits! I wanna go on a date! I wanna to get a house and travel the world and see the sights and watch the stars and maybe set up a smuggling ring!”
“Huh?”
“In France!”
“Aww, you’re so romantic.”

With pairings set up, I’m leaning towards Peony for heir. She’s fun, they’re cute, and Tristan has some really nice features.

“Peony, there’s something wrong with my eyes. I think I just saw a ghost.”
“Who is this lovely young man? Stella approves!”

Ben and Marigold are cute too, though. See, they’re workout buddies! Just like Marigold’s parents and grandparents before them. (Seriously, I’ve had SO many sporty Sims lately. Is my computer trying to tell me something?)

“BOO!”
“Argh! MARIGOLD!”
“Dad, it’s just a prank! Calm down!”

Marigold in general is cute. Peony’s weird-Evil, but Marigold, she’s just fun and playful. She much prefers setting pranks and scaring people to rambling on about her plans.

I’m amused by this prank in particular. Poor double-blue Joaquin.

Meanwhile, Travis maxes Logic and completes his lifetime wish. Nectar lends a hand as usual. She’s apparently just as aggressive with chess as she was with athletics.

“Mum, please stop! The skilling is over! I’m so hungry!”

And around the same time Angelia becomes an astronaut, also completing her lifetime wish. She and Travis are suddenly enjoying an early retirement together as Adults.

They need something to fill their free time, so Angelia buys a consigned Martial Arts book. They’re picking up the rest of the skill through sparring. Turns out Insane Sims fight in their street clothes, which is somewhat scary to watch.

(don’t mind Nectar. She’s been getting into chemistry lately.)

And of course there's still occasional junkyard visits. Keep the romance alive and all.

They also seem interested in cooking, so I buy a deep fryer and ice cream maker for variety. Both immediately become very popular. Luckily we’re quite a sporty household right now, so the worst that will happen is Joaquin may get slightly chubby.

Even Stella gets in on the culinary craze by stealing baked goods from the fridge.

Hang on… I know YOU can drift through walls, but why did the muffin come too? Is it a ghost muffin? What did Marigold put in those things?

And of course it wouldn’t be Stella if she didn’t perv on people in the shower.

Imagine looking up from your bathtub to see THAT.

“Heeeeere’s Stella!”

And speaking of ghosts…

“Nooo, I didn’t get to eat my delicious deep-fried ice cream!”

“Please please please can I eat my ice cream? I want to live just a bit longer!”
“I’M NOT COMPLETELY SURE THOSE THINGS ARE COMPATIBLE.”

Nectar Jones lived to be a hundred days old on the dot. She was a fun Sim who loved gymnastics and cared deeply for her sensitive husband, Gerard. She died as she lived; in impractical amounts of clothing. Rest in peace, Nectar.

OK, this is getting silly.

“MMM, CALCIUM! GOOD FOR THE BONES.”

“OH MAN. CRANIUM FREEZE!”

“How DARE you? My mother-in-law just DIED!”
“I'M ALSO GRIEVING! I NEED SOME, ER, COMFORT FOOD.”
“You’re UNBELIEVABLE, you know that?!”

“…”
“…”
“…”

“You know some ice cream sounds GREAT right now.”
“AGREED.”

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 72 - I Scream (double update)"
« Reply #623 on: November 22, 2016, 01:11:49 AM »

Comfort food seems to be a staple now, which is fair enough I guess.

*sniff* “I will honour my mother, an athletic Vegetarian, with delicious deep-fried meat substances.”

Speaking of meats, it’s time for a party and Booker brought the birthday turkey! (Trust me, it's a thing.) Plus, all the girls’ friends are young adults now, which means everyone can hit on each other’s parents. Gross.

“Wow Peony, your mum sure is cute!”

Yeah, let’s get that cake going.

“CAKE? Who needs cake when you have TURKEY?”

“Marian, be careful! Your bosoms are puncturing the glass!”

Bahahaha, that’s probably the dowdiest she’ll ever look. Gotta love the Agnes hair.

Peony gains the Technophobe trait, which doesn’t make much sense to me. Perhaps new technology will get in the way of her work?

Then it’s Marigold’s turn to grow up. Thankfully, it looks like everyone made it outside this time.

Ben looks as miserable as always and… hang on, what’s happening back there?

“Ice cream. Ice cream is the only thing that matters. Praise Freezer Bunny for this bounty.”

Yeah, that ice cream machine is way too distracting to bring to the next town.

Anway, Marigold grows into Nectar’s old top, which I suppose is appropriate for her new Natural Performer trait. Perhaps in another life she could have been an acrobat too, but she’s already locked into the Empress of Evil wish so perhaps she pull off a cat burglar heist instead.

Looks like someone inherited her mother’s serenity. Now that they’re grown, it’s time for the girls to graduate!

“Aww, I hate sitting in the back.”
“At least it’s better than Joaquin’s seat.”
Mmph! Mmmmph!

Marigold is voted Most Popular, to nobody’s surprise. Peony is Valedicatorian and Most Likely to Never Leave the House (you wish).

Now it’s finally time for the girls to begin independent lives. First up, jobs! Check out the matching uniforms! Looks like the town's crime ring is run from the day spa or something.

Next up, boyfriends! Ben Parrott moves in. This is Ben’s happy face! It turns out his traits are lovely: Absent-Minded, Artistic, Clumsy, Hopeless Romantic, and Social Butterfly. He dreams of renovating 100 homes as an architect. As a friendly, well-adjusted lad, he’s happy to take things slow with Marigold.

Meanwhile:

“Marriage marriage marriage!”
“Yes yes yes!”

“Ice cream?”
“Ice cream.”

And so Tristan becomes part of the family. Isn’t he handsome? His traits are Brave, Technophobe (like Peony, yay!), Clumsy, Light Sleeper, and Dislikes Children. Hmm. Not very happy about that last one. Oh well, he wants to be Leader of the Free World so it’s not like he’ll see his kids much anyway.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 72 - I Scream" (double update)
« Reply #624 on: November 22, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »
Wow! On the day I decide to return to the forum one of my favorite stories gets an update! I'm so happy to see you back Ausette! Lovely update, as always!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 72 - I Scream" (double update)
« Reply #625 on: November 23, 2016, 11:21:58 PM »
Thanks so much for commenting, Beezy! Really glad you enjoyed the chapter. :)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 73 - One More Wedding"
« Reply #626 on: November 23, 2016, 11:40:52 PM »
Chapter 73 – One More Wedding

With all the new couples in the house poor Joaquin has to sleep in the kids’ room. Sorry Jo. At least you match the décor.

I wouldn’t want the company, though.

Huh, and apparently neither does Joaquin.

“Eww! You’re old enough to be my grandpa!”
“But I merely said I liked your hair?”
“That’s a Flirt option and you know it, Joaquin!”

Speaking of romance, Travis and Angelia are just as lovey-dovey as ever. They pop wishes to kiss and/or Woohoo each other several times a day. I still can’t believe how compatible these two are.

When Travis becomes an elder at Peony’s hen’s night, Angelia’s cheering right along.

Alas, the town’s one Evil bachelor missed his chance to woo the girls. He’s invited to the party, but not even a kilt and cobbler will change their minds.

Kory and Marian are cute as always, dancing until well after sunrise.

And they’re not the only ones to keep the party alive.

“Err, good morning? Why are the dancers still here?”
“Peony hired them for the whole weekend. Something about having insubordinates?”

“…I don’t think I’m comfortable working in this environment.”

“Marigold! If you don’t like my PJs there are easier ways to tell me!”

“It’s been over 24 hours! Peony, what did you DO?”

Not even Joaquin’s adult birthday can snap the dancers from their trance. Teddy gets straight back to dancing after ice cream and Albert isn’t interrupted at all.

“Help… me…”
“Sorry, can’t hear you over the deep fryer”

They finally leave at five in the morning, just before the wedding. That’s a day and a half of dancing. I’m surprised they didn’t spontaneously combust.

The big day has finally arrived! Tristan and Peony decide to rent the beach for their ceremony.

“Hmm, on second thoughts you’re in very good shape for your age.”

Peony! You were doing so well! Oh well, at least the groom didn’t see.

With Joaquin out of the way, the happy couple head to the arch…

…And have the best ceremony two Technophobes could hope for.

“Ah, such a lovely day to be outdoors in my pyjamas.”

Uh, Angelia? You might want to turn around.

“…I’m not making a mistake, am I?”

Rowl! Tristan is MINE, ALL MINE!”

“You know what? I AM pretty lucky.”

That you are. Congratulations, Tristan and Peony Jones!

Don’t make that face at me, Carlo. You and your chest hair missed your chance.

The happy couple spend the first night of their married lives (and the last night in Appaloosa Plains) camped out on the beach and then watching the sunrise together.

Some final goodbyes later…

And the Joneses say goodbye to Appaloosa Plains. It was a great little town for my perfect couple to raise their imperfect family. Next up, tune in for the FINAL TOWN of the Joneses’ Random Town Jump!

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
Re: The Jones Random Town Jump, "Chapter 74 - Something Blue"
« Reply #627 on: November 25, 2016, 12:19:51 AM »
Chapter 74 – Something Blue

Welcome everyone to the beautiful island nation of Sunlit Tides! Is there any better way to end a long challenge? I think we’ll all feel like a holiday when this is done.

And welcome to Cuttlefish Corner, the final house for the Jones town jump. With five bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms, it should have plenty of room to house the next generation.

Tristan promptly joins the political career and heads out to the club to chat up the local voters.

The townies don’t seem to be out, but at least he can talk to the unfortunately named Irma Bull here.

Peony meanwhile is thrilled to be part of the town’s volcano-based crime ring. She and Marigold will no doubt have a glorious empire together.

With the heir settled in, it’s time for Marigold to get her own place with Ben. Normally I’d have her get married and Try For a Baby before doing so, but this generation will be slightly different; I’ve finally taken the plunge and installed a few NRAAS mods. With Story Progression underway she might have the guts to do things herself!

Whoa, that was quick! Hopefully some little cousins will be on the way soon.

Not to mention some other perks of importing story progression:

THE MAID IS BLUE, REPEAT, THE MAID IS BLUE

This is amazing! Why haven’t I modded before? I love it so much already!

Oh my gosh that’s perfect. She’s a maid, he’s a neat freak, they’re both blue, this HAS to happen.

That’s it Joaquin, you’re taking the day off work. Go get her!

“…And that’s why maintaining bathroom grout is an art.”
“Oh my gosh, that’s so true!”

It looks like Kristen here is Artistic, a Schmoozer, Neat, and a Bookworm. And just like that, they’re head over heels for each other. It feels like love at first sight.

“Yay, Joaquin’s found someone new! Hooray for love!”

Great, cause she’s moving in! Can’t risk letting this one get away.

“Hey wait a minute, does this mean I’ll have to scrub my own counters from now on?”

Oh don’t worry, we’ll still have a maid. See, the company sent us a troll doll!

(Did I mention I love these mods?)

Getting back to our happy couple, their first kiss satisfied FOUR wishes. They’re crazy about each other. So it only seemed appropriate to immediately take the next step.

“Oh Kristen, I know we only met a day ago but-“
“YES, Joaquin, yes! Let’s have squeaky clean blueboos together!”

I’m so excited for these two that I just have to throw a wedding the following day.

“Kristen, you look beautiful!”
“Hands where I can see ‘em, buddy.”

Congratulations, Joaquin and Kristen Donahue! What a truly lovely couple they make.

“Hey, how come these two losers get a wedding and I have to get married offscreen?”

Sorry Marigold; it’s important to get your Watcher invested in these things.

You know, there’s not enough respect for these two right now. Ashley Starr had the NERVE to wear white to the wedding. Scandalous!

And the less said about Ricardo, the better.

With their marriage consummated and a baby on the way, Kristen and Joaquin move out to start a new life together.

Whew! What a ride! Now where was I with the actual family?

“You… you forgot my birthday.”

Oh no. Oh Angelia, I’m so sorry :( . Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?

“Well… I do have this one wish…”

Ah. Now that’s something I can do.

Grandbabies here we come!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #628 on: November 26, 2016, 10:58:28 AM »
“Please please please can I eat my ice cream? I want to live just a bit longer!”
“I’M NOT COMPLETELY SURE THOSE THINGS ARE COMPATIBLE.”
:D

Loved Joaquin and Kristen.  Blue love! ;D

And I hope Angelia sticks around until the end, although it doesn't seem too likely  :(.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #629 on: November 26, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »
It's pretty hard to make Town Jumps fun without Story Progression. I like how it generates sims, though it backfired once when I was trying out a "realistic" save. Drawing from my library, everyone is a vampire and/or kind of blue or green. :D

I can't believe it's the last town! But I kind of can. It's been a long and great journey.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything